Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fielder for Kinsler trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

papacrick

Jon Heyman is reporting this rumor. Would love to see it happen. Solve our lead off hitter problem, can steal bases, and hits for power. Also allows us to let Infante go and frees up some other cash to upgrade. Kinsler makes 13M a year on his current contract so that would free up around 10m extra a year to sign another top tier player. Make it happen DD

Heard its in the works.

Would let us resign Max and Prince would put up crazy numbers in Texas.

Hope this happens.

From CBS Sports.

The Rangers and Tigers have agreed on a blockbuster deal to send Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler, pending physical, CBSSports.com has learned.

There could be another player involved in the trade as potential as well, but that hasn't been confirmed. There may also be money involved as Fielder's $214 million contract is much larger.

Fielder has a limited no-trade clause that includes the Rangers. But it is believed he is willing to accept the deal.

Kinsler's contract details weren't immediately available.

Physicals would likely be needed.

Jon Daniels, Dave Dombrowski and Scott Boras couldn't imediately be reached.

The Rangers made a play for Fielder when he was a free agent a couple years ago before the Tigers signed him for $214 million over nine years.

Trading Kinsler would open second base for Jurickson Profar. Texas has been looking for added punch to its lineup.

The Tigers had been floating Max Scherzer as a trade possibility. But a deal of Fielder could possibly free up extra cash to try to sign Scherzer long-term.

Fielder has a limited no-trade clause, but it isn't known if it includes Texas.

Reported it's agreed to.

Even though Kinsler is also overpaid, I like the trade depending on what else is involved.

Would love to add more flexibility to the roster.

From CBS Sports.

The Rangers and Tigers have agreed on a blockbuster deal to send Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler, pending physical, CBSSports.com has learned.

There could be another player involved in the trade as potential as well, but that hasn't been confirmed. There may also be money involved as Fielder's $214 million contract is much larger.

Fielder has a limited no-trade clause that includes the Rangers. But it is believed he is willing to accept the deal.

Kinsler's contract details weren't immediately available.

Physicals would likely be needed.

Jon Daniels, Dave Dombrowski and Scott Boras couldn't imediately be reached.

The Rangers made a play for Fielder when he was a free agent a couple years ago before the Tigers signed him for $214 million over nine years.

Trading Kinsler would open second base for Jurickson Profar. Texas has been looking for added punch to its lineup.

The Tigers had been floating Max Scherzer as a trade possibility. But a deal of Fielder could possibly free up extra cash to try to sign Scherzer long-term.

Fielder has a limited no-trade clause, but it isn't known if it includes Texas.

Is the bolded just an error? I'm a bit confused.

Shocked but its not a bad deal. Move castllanos back to 3b?

This deal makes too much sense for us. We can get Miggy back to 1B and/or split time at DH to keep him healthier. We can move Castellanos back to 3B. We've got a 2B locked up through '17 w/ an '18 option, whose offensive production isn't too far off of Fielder's. We can sign Miggy and Max to long term deals.

I love it, and I'm honestly stunned that we were able to pull it off.

Improves defense and we only have a hole in lf now.

I'm thinking Victor at 1b not Miggy.

Could be. I'd like to see Miggy and VMart split time between 1B and DH, but Miggy could see more time at 3B this year while Nick gets his feet wet. It should give us the ability to rest Avila more regularly too.

Then trade castellanos? Either way this is a great deal for us. Kinsler amd prince are both overpaid for production but its a good fit

4yrs @ $57mil w/ a $10mil option or $5mil buyout for '18 isn't bad for Kinsler. Certainly WAY better than Fielder's deal with somewhat comparable offensive production, but lots better defense and speed, and at a higher value position.

I think Hernan Perez and Porcello will be packaged in a trade, and Nick Castellanos can get some time in 3B and/or LF as a part time player in '14.

Then trade castellanos? Either way this is a great deal for us. Kinsler amd prince are both overpaid for production but its a good fit

I'd still like to see the rest of the deal. See if we eat any of Prince's contract or pick up any other players. I wouldn't be upset if we got a prospect in the deal. Maybe Guzman since Prince will be locked at 1b for quite some time.

I'd still like to see the rest of the deal. See if we eat any of Prince's contract or pick up any other players. I wouldn't be upset if we got a prospect in the deal. Maybe Guzman since Prince will be locked at 1b for quite some time.

You could move castellanos to 1b or dh

Kindler has a career .349 OBP. Has some speed and power, he's an upgrade over Infante. Kindler is also overpaid, but not like Fielder is and not for as long. Be great if we got some BP help thrown in. I like the trade and it's got Asmus's fingers on it to me.

The Freep says the deal is "pending Fielder's approval". Does he have a no trade clause? Would he dare say no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back