Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fielder for Kinsler trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why exactly do we give a fuck about his home v away numbers again? The guy is playing awesome and fielder sucks ass and is injured. There is no debate here.

He has been awesome. I have followed Kinsler his whole career. All the BS the Texas owner said about him was untrue.

I loved it when he hit a HR first at bat in Texas.

When Detroit got him I was on cloud 9 for 2 days. Just like a kid on Christmas morning.

I liked Fielder but his refusal to take walks in the playoffs against Boston turned me off on him. Victor could have been the hero of the play offs last year

He has been awesome. I have followed Kinsler his whole career. All the BS the Texas owner said about him was untrue.

I loved it when he hit a HR first at bat in Texas.

When Detroit got him I was on cloud 9 for 2 days. Just like a kid on Christmas morning.

I liked Fielder but his refusal to take walks in the playoffs against Boston turned me off on him. Victor could have been the hero of the play offs last year

fielder sucked in multiple post seasons for us. people that fat cant play that many games....

I don't find it a coincidence that both players that were rumored to not want to be here anymore/having issues with the team.... were moved this offseason. We got a great piece in the fielder trade and saved a little bit of cash. Fister trade was definitely suspect....ok ok....it was a pretty awful trade.

The Fielder/Kinsler trade was a win for the Tigers the moment it happened from an all around performance standpoint/contract standpoint, and being able to get rid of a horrible postseason performer with a nonchalant attitude for an All Star caliber 2B, with a .905 OPS in the postseason makes it a BIG win for the Tigers.

Why exactly do we give a fuck about his home v away numbers again? The guy is playing awesome and fielder sucks ass and is injured. There is no debate here.

Disregard 3 seasons or a career worth of stats and go with the last 81 games. It is all about what have you done for me lately.

Disregard 3 seasons or a career worth of stats and go with the last 81 games. It is all about what have you done for me lately.

Kinslers .905 career playoff OPS is based on his whole career. Texas has been in the playoffs a lot.

Kinsler is the #1 2nd baseman in the A.L. this year

More like disregard your repetitive posts on the subject as Kinsler continues to make an absolute fool out of you, as he has all year.

Kinsler/Infante = push.

you'll never be able to live that one down.

Rebbiv I respect the numbers you find I really do... I also was worried about Kinsler's Comerica stats. But now you really sound like you want IK to fail in a Tiger Uniform. You want IK's numbers to be proven right I guess. Some things we just cant tell with numbers.. I guy's motivation after being traded from the only organization he has known. Ik had that dip like the rest of the team in the 10-20 stretch but other then that he has been better then Infante... I would hope you would want Kinsler to even get hotter...I for one am glad he is blowing away his Comerica numbers..

Last edited:

Even if kinsler turns out to be a higher priced infante it'd still be a good trade. Getting rid of fielders nonchalant attitude and replace it with kinslers presence at the top of the order, ability to run the bases and leadership....Its a no brainer for me. Not to mention vmart is twice the protection for cabby that fielder ever was....were not missing a thing with him gone. Well, maybe a wife to pass around the dugout...but thats about it.

Rebbiv I respect the numbers you find I really do... I also was worried about Kinsler's Comerica stats. But now you really sound like you want IK to fail in a Tiger Uniform. You want IK's numbers to be proven right I guess. Some things we just cant tell with numbers.. I guy's motivation after being traded from the only organization he has known. Ik had that dip like the rest of the team in the 10-20 stretch but other then that he has been better then Infante... I would hope you would want Kinsler to even get hotter...I for one am glad he is blowing away his Comerica numbers..

Where have I ever implied I wanted him to fail?

There are some on here that make disparaging comments about Avila, Coke and/or Kelly. Do making those comments mean they want them to fail?

Even if kinsler turns out to be a higher priced infante it'd still be a good trade. Getting rid of fielders nonchalant attitude and replace it with kinslers presence at the top of the order, ability to run the bases and leadership....Its a no brainer for me. Not to mention vmart is twice the protection for cabby that fielder ever was....were not missing a thing with him gone. Well, maybe a wife to pass around the dugout...but thats about it.

Your points are solid, but will fall on deaf ears with number crunching dorks.

after all, it can't be quantified in some way.

didn't you know? logic is for pussies!

Last edited:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you guys are on Notice. Anymore strong insults to a fellow poster is going to result in receiving infractions, and resulting Bans.
Stop baiting/trolling each other.

The other two Kinsler threads have much the same anger provoking material, by many of the same posters.

Last edited:
Where have I ever implied I wanted him to fail?

There are some on here that make disparaging comments about Avila, Coke and/or Kelly. Do making those comments mean they want them to fail?

It just feels that way but saying over and over again on how bad you think he is or how bad the deal is...Just the way I perceive it from you I guess.. Hopefully IK will continue to mash right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back