Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

What did he do with the Raiders? Oh right, not a god damn thing...

What do you mean not a God damn thing? He lost in the AFC Championship to one of the best defenses in Baltimore and then the next year got screwed in the Tuck Rule game. Then got traded to the Bucs and got them over the hill and won a Super Bowl. He didn't end well in Tampa but that team for old and didn't add much talent in his later years.

What do you mean not a God damn thing? He lost in the AFC Championship to one of the best defenses in Baltimore and then the next year got screwed in the Tuck Rule game. Then got traded to the Bucs and got them over the hill and won a Super Bowl. He didn't end well in Tampa but that team for old and didn't add much talent in his later years.

Exactly. Gruden is a great coach..

I just realize how grateful it was from 1987 to 2004 in Vegas when I only saw the Lions a few games a year on regular local tv. We both had Sundays off and there was no way I would go out of my way to watch them unless they were on national tv. God I bought in when we moved back. I am such a sucker.

Bad sadly come draft night I will read everyones comments and hope the new coaching staff will get it right this time . Like clock work I will root again next season for this to be the year !!!

Last edited:
I just realize how grateful it was from 1987 to 2004 in Vegas when I only saw the Lions a few games a year on regular local tv. We both had Sundays off and there was no way I would go out of my way to watch them unless they were on national tv. God I bought in when we moved back. I am such a sucker.

Bad sadly come draft night I will read everyones comments and hope the new coaching staff will get it right this time . Like clock work I will root again next season for this to be the year !!!

2017 was a grand year for me.. Free Sundays. I don't even have locals so first Turkey game I missed since the early 70's. I followed a little on play by play online but that was it.

Gruden is one of the better known and potentially available coaches. You aren’t usually going to land a great, most of the alternatives are going to be either unknowns or failed coaches.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion on Gruden outside of I really enjoy his color commentary but...

Watching fans of a team that is neck and neck with the Browns as biggest joke of the NFL call a coach with a Super Bowl win and multiple playoff wins in his career 'nothing' and 'a joke' is pretty amusing.

Also, this team is going to rely heavily on how Quinn builds the team. Coaching doesn’t have as big of an impact as fans think it might. All the “great” head coaches have great front offices to supply quality talent, no coach is winning with Millen-quality GMs. We can quibble over who is or isn’t a good hire, but talent matters most.

Eh, he's 95-81. I wouldn't call him a great coach. He's pretty good, but a bit overrated.

Dude, still won a SB. I don't care what people say about how he won it. Then he got screwed over in the AFC champ game with the "Tuck Rule" and lost against Balt when their D was #1. His passion is unmatched IMO.
I don't think he's coming here anyways but I would welcome him with open arms.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion on Gruden outside of I really enjoy his color commentary but...

Watching fans of a team that is neck and neck with the Browns as biggest joke of the NFL call a coach with a Super Bowl win and multiple playoff wins in his career 'nothing' and 'a joke' is pretty amusing.

Lions fans will never be happy no matter what. We could resurrect Vince fkn Lombardi and people will bitch lol

2017 was a grand year for me.. Free Sundays. I don't even have locals so first Turkey game I missed since the early 70's. I followed a little on play by play online but that was it.

Don't watch any of the games yet come on here and trash Stafford and everyone you have a chance to 24/7.....

Don't watch any of the games yet come on here and trash Stafford and everyone you have a chance to 24/7.....

When do I bash any individual outside Matt now and then? As a unit sure, I mean Cinci just kicked their ass.. I don't need to watch a game to know our RB were terrible or know a 2nd & 18 run play was not a good call. It's not rocket science.

When do I bash any individual outside Matt now and then? As a unit sure, I mean Cinci just kicked their ass.. I don't need to watch a game to know our RB were terrible or know a 2nd & 18 run play was not a good call. It's not rocket science.

You can't watch highlights and read a box score to fully understand what happen in a game.

I now value your opinion on the Lions less than LKP.

You can't watch highlights and read a box score to fully understand what happen in a game.

I now value your opinion on the Lions less than LKP.

Sure you can. I can't say we didn't run the ball well when they went 12 carries for 20 yards? How about the hail mary GB had when they put defenders on no one.. I had to watch it to understand that was a stupid play?

I would love John Gruden as a head coach . We need a coach with that kind of energy. This franchise needs that jolt badly. If not him I want another younger coach , and not a old recycled NFL has been coach. John was good at the Raiders and was traded to Tampa Bay and won a super bowl . Tampa Bay was handcuffed after the title because of the deal for John. But it was worth it . They win the Sb!!!.

Sure you can. I can't say we didn't run the ball well when they went 12 carries for 20 yards? How about the hail mary GB had when they put defenders on no one.. I had to watch it to understand that was a stupid play?

Can you say it was the O-line or the RB that was reason we weren't 12 for 50??? No. Did the RB miss the hole or was too quick to the hole or was there ever a hole or chance for one. Your opinion is shit. Go find a sport you can watch.

Dude, still won a SB. I don't care what people say about how he won it. Then he got screwed over in the AFC champ game with the "Tuck Rule" and lost against Balt when their D was #1. His passion is unmatched IMO.
I don't think he's coming here anyways but I would welcome him with open arms.

Trust me, I'd like him too, simply from the total craziness that he would bring. And I didn't say he's a bad coach, not by any stretch. But that team was literally self-made when he got there. He just needed to not shit the bed. I just think he's a bit overrated.

Back