Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

Caldwell will be just fine, he was paid quite well here for his services 5 years, counting '18, and might even get another shot as an assistant coach with some other HC eventually. Cooter and Austin as well, although their stock as potential HCs should have dropped over the past two seasons. Caldwell wasn't Quinn's guy, but he was Martha Firedstone's.

We should all be so fortunate to hold jobs where unsatisfactory performance still results in a year or years equivalent salary as a parting gift.

Last edited:
It's nice to see our #1 option is NE DC with one of the worst defense in all of football. As far as total yards anyway..

Last edited:
Looks like we are trying to turn into patriots junior.

Last edited:
So NE on defense was pretty bad from 20 to 20 apparently. Somehow they kept the other team from the end zone..

So NE on defense was pretty bad from 20 to 20 apparently. Somehow they kept the other team from the end zone..

Big differences some years during Patricia's time as DC, a bend but don't break style. Bolded years won SB.

2012: Yards - 25th, Points - 9th
2013: Yards - 26th, Points - 10th
2014: Yards - 13th, Points - 8th
2015: Yards - 9th, Points - 10th
2016: Yards - 10th, Points - 1st
2017: Yards - 29th, Points - 5th

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/index.htm

Last edited:
Big differences some years during Patricia's time as DC, a bend but don't break style. Bolded years won SB.

2012: Yards - 25th, Points - 9th
2013: Yards - 26th, Points - 10th
2014: Yards - 13th, Points - 8th
2015: Yards - 9th, Points - 10th
2016: Yards - 10th, Points - 1st
2017: Yards - 29th, Points - 5th

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/index.htm

I wonder if the Lions D have players that won't break.. Nonetheless, it's just another guy - and maybe this one works out.

Having an elite offense opposite really helps. Gets the defense in position where they only have to worry about the pass. Also causes opposing offenses to go for it instead of settling for a field goal later in games, keeping point total low. Patriots offense also doesn't turn it over, the defense benefits from never being in a bad position.

Having an elite offense opposite really helps. Gets the defense in position where they only have to worry about the pass. Also causes opposing offenses to go for it instead of settling for a field goal later in games, keeping point total low. Patriots offense also doesn't turn it over, the defense benefits from never being in a bad position.

I suspect that happens with all teams that are behind late.. But the last sentence is point taken.

Last edited:

Patriots offense is lucky. They fumbled more than Detroit

13 fumbles 4 lost pats
12 fumbles fucking 11 lost detroit

Pats have a fucking horse shoe up their asses. Fuck Brady and bellicheat

Rams 25 fumbles. Lost only 13

It's fucking bullshit. One god damn yard and falcons lose. Refs fucked Detroit again

And now we will hire a coach who wore a shirt depicting Goodell as a clown. Bout to be screwed even more by league

Last edited:
By the way, was I the only one that was downright insulted as a fan by all the magic they did yesterday? All the misdirections, motions, attacking downfield?

To me, that was a complete slap in the face for us as Lions fans. Where was that shit all year? And why did Caldwell wait until it didn't matter to unveil it?

I don't think he has his own guys. You think he's going to pull mcdaniels from bellicheck? If Patricia is the guy were going to end up with some qb coach without a playbook. I can see quin trying to talk Patricia into keeping cooter.

Patricia doesn't have his own guys? How the fuck do you know? lol. And McDaniels is his only option at OC? Where do you come up with this shit?

By the way, was I the only one that was downright insulted as a fan by all the magic they did yesterday? All the misdirections, motions, attacking downfield?

To me, that was a complete slap in the face for us as Lions fans. Where was that shit all year? And why did Caldwell wait until it didn't matter to unveil it?

Nothing to play for.. Cincy was getting their butts kicked and suddenly played supreme spoiler at years end.

Back