Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Lions @ Chiefs *Thursday Night* Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

Line: KC -4.5
O/U: 52.5

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
ArrowheadPride

Injury Report
Link

Lions
Out
CB Emmanuel Moseley (knee)

Chiefs
Questionable
TE Travis Kelce (Knee)

Series History
Link
The Lions are 5-9 against the Chiefs
Last Game: 9/29/2019, Chiefs 34 Lions 30
Last Game in Kansas City: 11/1/2015, Chiefs 45 Lions 10
Last Win: 9/18/2011, Lions 48 Chiefs 3
Last Win in Kansas City: 10/23/1988, Lions 7 Chiefs 6
Recent Games: The Chiefs have won the last 2 meetings

Looks like Football Outsiders is dead and the replacement site is behind a paywall. I'll be switching over to PFF team grades going forward.

Pro Football Focus Grades (2022 ranks)

Overall
Kansas City 92.7 (3rd)
Detroit 81.0 (15th)

Offense
Kansas City 85.5 (1st)
Detroit 79.0 (8th)

Pass Offense
Kansas City 89.0 (2nd)
Detroit 71.7 (15th)

Pass Blocking
Kansas City 73.0 (9th)
Detroit 63.4 (21st)

Receiving
Kansas City 82.7 (3rd)
Detroit 80.9 (5th)

Rushing
Detroit 84.4 (15th)
Kansas City 79.3 (21st)

Run Blocking
Kansas City 74.1 (3rd)
Detroit 68.7 (9th)

Defense
Kansas City 78.2 (5th)
Detroit 60.4 (29th)

Run Defense
Kansas City 62.4 (18th)
Detroit 55.5 (24th)

Tackling
Detroit 62.8 (11th)
Kansas City 53.3 (18th)

Pass Rush
Kansas City 75.5 (8th)
Detroit 71.2 (15th)

Coverage
Kansas City 88.2 (3rd)
Detroit 48.8 (32nd)

Special Teams
Detroit 90.7 (1st)
Kansas City 88.9 (10th)

Can't imagine Kelce plays tomorrow. Long season, NFC opponent and it seems like you'd be extra cautious here and give him the additional rest and hopefully get him back by game 2. I'd rather he play, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Can't imagine Kelce plays tomorrow. Long season, NFC opponent and it seems like you'd be extra cautious here and give him the additional rest and hopefully get him back by game 2. I'd rather he play, but I guess we'll see.
Yep. You always want to see the good players play.

I think the Lions have a great chance to win tonight. KC without their best defensive player and their best offensive weapon. I Already have the Lions +6.5 but I'm thinking of betting the money line as well. Right now its Det +185

Last edited:
So pumped for this game

Expected to lose so if you shock the world and win it's an even better coming out party for the Lions.

Great test with Mahomes even if they are missing Kelce (who might play) and Jones

Goff having an absolute terrible game would damper my hopes though. At least competitive but a great shot to win

So pumped for this game

Expected to lose so if you shock the world and win it's an even better coming out party for the Lions.

Great test with Mahomes even if they are missing Kelce (who might play) and Jones

Goff having an absolute terrible game would damper my hopes though. At least competitive but a great shot to win

If we win without them playing Jones, Kelce and possibly even Sneed......it will NOT be looked at as a coming out party by anyone else but Lions fans.

Also, if we lose and they are without those three players......it will be a week of SOL to listen to from EVERYONE!!!!

We are in a lose/lose. But, winning would certainly be a better option. The "coming out" party can happen if we throttle the Seahawks next week at Ford Field.

If we want to be a good football team and real contenders, these are thee games we need to win.

If we want to be a good football team and real contenders, these are thee games we need to win.

Agree but you won't win them all. This and at Dallas are the hardest games. But agree you need a couple statement wins that carry over to playoff success.

Even contenders lose some tough games, especially on the road to another even bigger contender

Some in the media calling this the game of the century for Lions. Lol. I know we haven't done much since 2000 but that is ridiculous, game one even. Lol. I'll be watching the Tigers regardless. Hope you all enjoy the game.

Some in the media calling this the game of the century for Lions. Lol. I know we haven't done much since 2000 but that is ridiculous, game one even. Lol. I'll be watching the Tigers regardless. Hope you all enjoy the game.

Way more excitement with where the Lions are right now vs the pathetic Tigers.

Agreed. But a loss at KC game 1 doesn?t ruin the season, either.

I keep saying game #2 against Seattle is the big game. If we somehow beat KC you need to back it up with a win against Seattle or it's somewhat meaningless. If you lose tonight, you need to answer with a win at home against Seattle. Plus Seattle is an NFC team and we can get some revenge for last year.

Welp, that was an hour plus of Mahomes/chiefs dick stroking that we didn't need. The guy is awesome. His team is great. We get it. Wipe your mouths, NBC.

Back