Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Lions @ Chiefs *Thursday Night* Thread

Again the RT was using a illegal formation and everyone in the nation noticed it.. Hutch and Harris we held non stop in the game. Lang mentioned it on 97.1, Lomas Brown mentioned it on the Hugh show and .

pft Mike Florio and Petter King brought it up. They side the RT for the chiefs was doing it nonstop.
They did a whole segment on this. Mike thinks they are protecting the qb to much. Peter king
Said there will be a correction from the NFL.

Maybe it ended up helping because you Could tell the running plays from the passing plays by the right tackles leg. Like Chris said on the nbc broadcast ?Is that a slot receiver ?Joking how far the RT was off the line.

The Lions had to overcome a ton last night to win and that is a credit to the coaching staff and the players.

Last edited:
Did you guys hear the what the chiefs should have done on 4th and 25.

They should have had the punter backpedal and go out of bounds at the 9 yard line.
They had 3 time outs. Just think about it.

I heard this on one of the radio shows. Gutsy but a brilliant idea.

Did you guys hear the what the chiefs should have done on 4th and 25.

They should have had the punter backpedal and go out of bounds at the 9 yard line.
They had 3 time outs. Just think about it.

I heard this on one of the radio shows. Gutsy but a brilliant idea.

It really is if you think about it. Detroit CANNOT get a first down (except for a penalty). If you hold them they get a FG and go up 4 or go for it on 4th. If they score a TD they only go up 8 unless they go for 2. Either way you get the ball back with likely more than 2:00 to go.

It's not a bad idea. Unconventional.....yes, but not bad.

It really is if you think about it. Detroit CANNOT get a first down (except for a penalty). If you hold them they get a FG and go up 4 or go for it on 4th. If they score a TD they only go up 8 unless they go for 2. Either way you get the ball back with likely more than 2:00 to go.

It's not a bad idea. Unconventional.....yes, but not bad.

I know it?s a brilliant idea. Kind of shocked Andy Didn?t think if it. Costa from 97.1 found it from a social media post from somewhere.

PFF Grades this week

(excluding low number of snaps)

Top 5 Overall
Vaitai 88.4
Gibbs 78.8
McNeill 78.6
Goff 76.5
Sewell 75.5

Bottom 5 Overall
Rodriguez 31.9
Jones Jr. 35.1
Wright 38.8
Campbell 53.2
Cabinda 54

Other notables
Ragnow 75.1
Paschal 73.5
CJGJ 70
Decker 69.6
LaPorta 67.8
Hutch 66.6
Amon-Ra 66
Branch 65.6
Onwuzurike 64.6
Jackson 64.4
Houston 64.2
Sutton 57.9
Montgomery 55.4

I know it?s a brilliant idea. Kind of shocked Andy Didn?t think if it. Costa from 97.1 found it from a social media post from somewhere.

On 3rd and 5 the chiefs get called for pass interference. 1st n goal at the 1 and we run the clock out. There you can stop worrying now about made up shit.

The oline line up will be interesting. Alot of options. I think i like
Sewell jackson ragnow glasgow vaitai

Back