Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 109 Tigers @ Yankees

I posted way back that a manager should not be allowed on the field unless he is going to challenge/argue a call. This stalling until a thumbs up/down is horseshit.

You step on the field after a play it should be considered an automatic challenge.

There ya go, agree

Suarez hurt himself on the slide, leaves game, stuck with auto out lettuce now for gawd knows how long as Kinsler singles him in for the tigers first run of the night 2-1

Last edited:
I posted way back that a manager should not be allowed on the field unless he is going to challenge/argue a call. This stalling until a thumbs up/down is horseshit.

You step on the field after a play it should be considered an automatic challenge.

There's no reason to step on the field anyways. If you are on defense just have your pitcher walk around the mound for 20 seconds or have the catcher run out to talk to the pitcher. If you are on offense just have the batter stay out of the box. There's no reason for the manager to be on the field.

According to Dickerson and Price (probably more knowledgeable than the ESPN flunkies, Dickerson anyways) It would be umpires discretion where the batter would be placed and what runs would have scored.

Dickerson and Price agreed that was a bases clearing triple if it was not a catch.

See - that's the danger - I don't agree with that at all - if Carrera traps it, he still has it in his possession - not like it rolled away from him - and he comes up firing - I say no way that guy scores from first.

Does that guy get thrown out? And where was the guy on second standing when the ball was trapped? Would he have scored for sure, or does he maybe get thrown out? Or does he maybe get held (who was it, somebody fast, or not so much - don't know?

So does Ausmus get to challenge what the umpires guess would have happened?

All that the umpires guessing would have happened will lead to arguments that will make the arguments before replay look like British tea parties.

So I say when play is stopped - it was stopped.

No guessing. The simplest resolution possible.

Last edited:
Damn, was actually hoping they walked Miggy to see if VMart could hit another 3 run homer.

I don't think he would have had to.

It was a nice play by Carerra, but I think other CF'ers make it look routine because they wouldn't have had to jump/layout for it. And Ajax was always great going after balls hit deep over his head, it was the short ones that he wouldn't dive for.

Carerra is 5' 10" Jackson is 6' 1"

Not taking anything away from Carerra, but I think Ajax makes that catch. For that matter I think Don Kelly does as well.

Jackson makes that catch in 2011....not anymore. He has lost a step and almost refuses to lay out for a catch. As far as a 3" height difference...that is nothing on that ball. Carerra is faster than AJ. The only way AJ makes that catch is if he is playing deeper than Carrera was...that we will never know. I do know that Carrera is a better defensive player than AJ.

Shitty pitchers are our kryptonite. If I faced us in the postseason id start my 3 4 5 pitchers lol.

Which is why Oakland does not worry me as much as Baltimore or LAA in the playoffs.

Back