Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 131 Tigers vs. Yankees August 27 2014

Price has a 1.63 FIP for the game. Hooray, bad luck and bad defense. Death by paper cuts, like that game for Porcello against the Angels last year.

Last edited:
No hits letting Greene dominate them again damit this sucks

Twins suddenly can't hit thier way out of a wet paper sack again just as soon as they got done playing the tigers uggggg

I'm going for a run when I get back I want to see the tigers have scored a bunch of runs!

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR HONORING SOMEONE WHO NEVER PLAYED FOR YOUR FUCKING TEAM BEFORE THE GAME

asdlfkjasdl;faeis,ujkl.df

Twins suddenly can't hit thier way out of a wet paper sack again just as soon as they got done playing the tigers uggggg

I'm going for a run when I get back I want to see the tigers have scored a bunch of runs!

I did my workout during the 8 run inning (I have a home gym) and then turned the game off.

Just checked back in - it's 8 to 1 - we're climbing back in it!!!

Price 8 ER in 2 innings? Are you fucking kidding me?

and according to Dickerson Smyly is tossing a gem for TB.

this game is maddening lately. just everything going wrong for the Tigers. smh.

Suarez has to work on his throws over to first, he's so innacurate.

I was listening to MLB radio on XM last week and they had someone on from the TB organization. They were talking about how the media was saying that TB didn't get enough for Price. This guy said that TB had Smyly as a #2.

So far in TB (4 games) Smyly is 2-1 with a 1.55 era with 23K and 6BB, So far tonight...7IP, 1ER, 2H, 6K, 1BB on 87 pitches. Likely to go at least one more inning.

In 5 starts since being traded Smyly has like a 1.60 era.

Suarez throws are the equivalent of a golfer having the yips putting. Totally mental and not a good sign

I was listening to MLB radio on XM last week and they had someone on from the TB organization. They were talking about how the media was saying that TB didn't get enough for Price. This guy said that TB had Smyly as a #2.

So far in TB (4 games) Smyly is 2-1 with a 1.55 era with 23K and 6BB, So far tonight...7IP, 1ER, 2H, 6K, 1BB on 87 pitches. Likely to go at least one more inning.

I haven't been paying attention lately but that's crazy and has to be an small sample/anomaly. he didn't pitch anywhere near that well with the Tigers.

I haven't been paying attention lately but that's crazy and has to be an small sample/anomaly. he didn't pitch anywhere near that well with the Tigers.

it is a small sample size. He is also pitching in a pitcher friendly park, with a good defense and maybe even coaches that know what the fuck they are doing?

Smyly's breakout is depressing. Kid was great for us in the pen and rotation and now looks like a future all star/ CY Young candidate and will be very cheap for years to come while we got the equivalent but for 40 times the salary and half the time. Weeeee!

it is a small sample size. He is also pitching in a pitcher friendly park, with a good defense and maybe even coaches that know what the fuck they are doing?

Add that TBR has a bull pen that doesn't always allow inherited runners to score.

Smyly's breakout is depressing. Kid was great for us in the pen and rotation and now looks like a future all star/ CY Young candidate and will be very cheap for years to come while we got the equivalent but for 40 times the salary and half the time. Weeeee!

WAY too early to be jumping to that conclusion. Smyly was meh with the Tigers as a starter.

Back