Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 131 Tigers vs. Yankees August 27 2014

WAY too early to be jumping to that conclusion. Smyly was meh with the Tigers as a starter.

I agree he hasn't been spectacular, but he was still serviceable as a #4-5 starter.

I did my workout during the 8 run inning (I have a home gym) and then turned the game off.

Just checked back in - it's 8 to 1 - we're climbing back in it!!!

Just got back

8-2 pen doing thier job not sure wtf happened to price tonight but man he sucked

We need and 8 spot of our own right here!

Last edited:
Smyly has a DEFENCE in TB. Wait till you see Scherzer with a good team.
Like just look at the Tigers record, it was talked about the other night.
2013 win Division by "ONE" game Scherzer Cy Young, Cabrera MVP
2012 win Division by "Three" games Cabrera Triple Crown, MVP Verlander CY Young
2011 Win Division by "15' games Verlander MVP
Only one year have they ran away with the Division. In a weak one too boot.
There stars carry them, but take those three away and they are very to under average.

Well for the second straight night twins are up 1-0 late with thier pitcher throwing a gem, Lettus pray for different results this time than last night

Last edited:
hEPhNtx.gif

KC ties it up in the 8th on a fkcing squeeze

Ugggg tigers really need to stop losing so much, 31 games to go after tonight the time is now, need to get the lead out and get on a roll

Check that KC takes the lead 2.5 back is not a happy place

Last edited:
KC takes the lead 2-1.

doesn't look like the Twins are going to help the Tigers out, which is no surprise.

Fk royals have put up 6 in the 8th and still batting..c'mon tigers put up a big inning of our own for once 5 to tie 6 to win let's go!

2.5 back of first with only 31 games to go..pitching gets rocked in minn, then the twins can't hit a lick in KC, price throws a 1 hit shoutout and loses then follows it up by getting rocked at home..miggy isn't hitting home runs not driving many in lately swinging right through lots of fastballs these days it's all just...

Very Depressing

Good game to miss... I figured we would lose yet another of DP's starts.. What a sweet deal Price is turning out to be....LOL
Can't win when he pitches great... Then tonight he sucks.... Story of the Tiger season in a nutshell...

Last edited:
I just cant believe how KC keeps winning...It will piss me off to no end if they make the WS and win it on the first time back in the playoffs in years. We suffer ...I want other franchise fans to suffer...lol

I gotta be honest, if Kansas City makes the playoffs and we don't, I'm going to root for them to win it all.

I certainly don't want the Dodgers, Angels, A's or Cardinals to win. And for that matter fuck the Nationals and Brewers too. Nothing against the Orioles, but the fact they play in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox while both franchises are in shambles does not garner them much respect for winning the A.L. EAST IMO.

Price's shitty performance probably cost the Tigers 2 games...the pen had to eat up 7 innings.

Meanwhile, in TB, Smyly has pitched in 5 games for the Rays. 36 IP, 29K, 7BB, 1.50 era.

Interesting: I was thinking about WS matchups and the desire to have the least-desirable teams play each other and Royals-Brewers, as mentioned, is that match-up.

Back