Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Lions @ Cowboys *Saturday Night* Thread

I hate the cowboys. No way Skipper would report. Espn just explained ir.,

My question then is why is skipper over there with the ref? Was he try to tell the ref Decker was reporting???? He has to know the play is not for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way I hate the call to Mitchell. Play design was great. Poor throw by Goff.
I?d prefer not using Mitchell but sadly he was open for a walk in td.

Pool report said the Ref said Skipper reported and he told Dallas that. I say bullshit because skipper said he never said a word to the ref.

I heard the pool report on ESPN. It seems pretty clear that the ref didn?t note that the person speaking to him before the play was 68, not 70, and it also seems clear that he isn?t going to own up to his mistake, particularly when he doubles down and says that since 70 lined up in an interior position, reporting didn?t matter, then throwing a second flag because 70 was reported as eligible when he lined up in an ineligible position, which makes no sense whatsoever. The video is clear, and the ref needs to be forced to watch it on a loop.

I heard the pool report on ESPN. It seems pretty clear that the ref didn?t note that the person speaking to him before the play was 68, not 70, and it also seems clear that he isn?t going to own up to his mistake, particularly when he doubles down and says that since 70 lined up in an interior position, reporting didn?t matter, then throwing a second flag because 70 was reported as eligible when he lined up in an ineligible position, which makes no sense whatsoever. The video is clear, and the ref needs to be forced to watch it on a loop.

What?s crazy is Campbell went over this exact play with that ref before the game and told him Decker would be reporting.

And another thing is we don?t even know what the ref told the defense of who reported. Could have said 68 to them for all we know and then got it wrong later. He?s a liar, we know that.

Last edited:
The one thing that may benefit us. The last thing the NFC wanted was to add fuel to a Detroit Lions fire.

We?re running through any and everyone in the NFC come playoffs. Mark my words.

My question then is why is skipper over there with the ref? Was he try to tell the ref Decker was reporting???? He has to know the play is not for him.

You send over 2-3 linemen so the defense doesn't know until it's announced who is eligible. It's routine and not a Lions specific thing.

If the ref didn't mess up important to note that Dallas would have heard that Decker was an eligible receiver on the play, and he may not have been open to catch the 2-point conversion.

Ya i was initially taking what the guest ref was saying about the formation being illegal. Now after listening to all the post game stuff he was assuming skipper declared... which didn't happen so it was a legal formation.

Pretty clear the on field ref fucked up and didn't know who he was speaking to. Or he assumed skipper was declaring when he saw him jogging in... and wasnt listening. Either way that 1 guy completely fucked up the nfc playoff race. Aka... fuck that guy and his entire family.

Last edited:
We completely got fucked. I haven?t seen a rigged job like this since Trump ?beat? Hillary.

Good breakdown here. The writer is essentially saying that Allen lied about what happened and that the call actually affected both teams in a negative way. The suspect nature of NFL officiating is approaching that of international soccer.

Last edited:
I always assumed the refs turned on the microphone and announced to everyone if someone reported eligible.

I thought we were passed getting jobbed this hard by refs but apparently not. Seems like final verdict was this dude was staring at 70 running on the field, wasn't focused and just flat out tells Dallas 70 is eligible instead of 68. After all we've been through over the years with new rules and strange calls this one might actually be the worst. We did everything correctly and the ref screwed it up.

If Skipper had reported as eligible, then why would be lined up in an ineligible spot. He was INSIDE of Sewell AND there was a wr up on the line. So he was covered up by TWO different players. I've never seen 100% of football media all take 1 side on something like this before. Like nobody is defending this call.

Back