Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Royals @ Tigers Thread

Al Al comes in for Nathan

Moustakas flies out, 1 out

Cain gets an infield base hit on a grounder to Gonzalez, 1 on, 1 out

Escobar hits one to right, Cain got a good jump, Torii catches it and Cain goes back to 1st, 2 out

Aoki up, first pitch Cain running, throw not in time and he swipes 2nd

Aoki hits a soft grounder to Al Al, throw to 1st not in time, runners on the corners, 2 out

Aoki steps on Cabrera's foot in the process, trainers out to check on Cabrera

Ausmus will challenge the safe call, call overturned, 3 out

Ausmus is 2 for 2 on challenges

Tied 1-1 after 9.5

I'm not 100% caught up with replay rules yet. Does the manager challenge them after the 6th or does it come from "the booth"? I know there is some kind of rule change after the 6th inning but I can't remember what it is.

I'm not 100% caught up with replay rules yet. Does the manager challenge them after the 6th or does it come from "the booth"? I know there is some kind of rule change after the 6th inning but I can't remember what it is.

He gets one challenge. If he is successful he gets another..

After the 7th inning an umpire can ask for a replay himself if he's not sure on a close call. Managers can still ask for one assuming they have one available.

A sac bunt....normally we would be yelling "senile old fucker". I'm not sure what I should call ausmus yet...

Managers get one challenge in the first six innings

They'll get another in the first six innings if the first challenge is successful

No third challenges

From what I gather from this article
http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/240603721.html

If the manager is out of challenges after the sixth inning, the umpire crew will meet to decide if the play should be challenged. In this case Ausmus still had a challenge left.

I am not a fan either in most circumstances. But this is not one of them. RE is 75% with one out and man on second.

Managers get one challenge in the first six innings

They'll get another in the first six innings if the first challenge is successful

No third challenges

From what I gather from this article
http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/240603721.html

If the manager is out of challenges after the sixth inning, the umpire crew will meet to decide if the play should be challenged. In this case Ausmus still had a challenge left.

Wasn't the first in the 7th today?

Tod Collins comes in for Wade Davis

Jackson draws a leadoff walk, 1 on

Avila bunts Jackson over to 2nd, Avila out at 1st, 1 out

Castellanos draws a walk, men on 1st and 2nd, 1 out

Gonzalez pops it up, infield fly rule, 2 out

Kinsler with a gap hit into left center GORDON WON'T GET IT JACKSON COMES IN TO SCORE

TIGERS WIN 2-1

Back