Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Orioles @ Tigers Thread

There's my point. If JV can't get those strikeouts, he's not going to be the pitcher we need him to be.

JV pitched great..... Just no hitting... O's making plays all over the field.. Plays we would have some trouble making..

Last edited:
You can take away hits from people if you dive and catch the ball. Markakis a hero in the field now.

Last edited:
Offense was bound to let up. 4-1 looking likely. Still a great first homestand.

Hunter mowed down on a pitch JV should have tried on Jones.. JV can't let Jones beat him with K machine Davis coming up

Wow, you're strict. He had a nice game.

I kinda see where he's coming from. I remember him having similar games last year where he just couldn't punch a guy out. Just foul, foul, foul pitch after pitch. We've come to expect more from him than any other pitcher. I bet JV even mentions that at bat during the postgame.

All that being said, still a pretty good game from JV. Just haven't had any luck with the bats today.

Back