Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #94 Indians @ Detroit July 19th

Terrible offense
Terrible managing
Terrible closer
Terrible team at home

Can we just skip tomorrow and head on off to Arizona now?

What's really fucked up is that DD believes two decent outings(meaning no ER) means Nathan has figured it out and doesn't need to acquire a closer. We better go get Soria AND Benoit and DFA this Tiger killer bum.

Hated Joe Nathan when he played against the Tigers. Hate him even more when he played for the Tigers. You fucking suck nathan.

Also fuck you Ausmus, not even a save chance but hey what the hell right?!

I don't like to blame the manager for putting in a "closer" in the game with a tied game. I do blame the "closer" when he can't throw a strike. Joe Nathan...the ultimate Tiger killer...he did it as a Twin and he is still doing it!

Even though this team is in first place, I have no emotional connection to it. There are about a half a dozen players I dislike and that never applied even when the teams were pathetic.

I don't like to blame the manager for putting in a "closer" in the game with a tied game. I do blame the "closer" when he can't throw a strike. Joe Nathan...the ultimate Tiger killer...he did it as a Twin and he is still doing it!

If your closer is a stud then fine, I agree. But when he already sucks ass and is a situation he isn't fully accustomed to, it's just idiotic, especially when Joba was doing just fine. I just hate managing so rigidly by the books.

There's a poll on ESPN on who will win the WS and the Tigers have 75% of the vote for the state of Michigan. I'm all for going with your heart, but you are delusional if you think this team is capable of doing anything with a minor league bullpen and Jekkyl and Hyde offense.

If your closer is a stud then fine, I agree. But when he already sucks ass and is a situation he isn't fully accustomed to, it's just idiotic, especially when Joba was doing just fine. I just hate managing so rigidly by the books.

I just hate losing where a game was so close to winning.

There's a poll on ESPN on who will win the WS and the Tigers have 75% of the vote for the state of Michigan. I'm all for going with your heart, but you are delusional if you think this team is capable of doing anything with a minor league bullpen and Jekkyl and Hyde offense.

Delusional now there a word you do not see too often.

Nice too see the lazy ass Tigers let Cleveland get off the mat yet again. Twice they have had chances to bury this team in the division and just gagged, gagged, gagged...Embarrassing how they are playing at home...

Really wanted this one

Very disappointing

25-25 at home
Unacceptable

Nathan just needs to retire

Well, this could be a blessing in disguise. This means DD will have to make a move or two. I still think we should go get a top starter, and a solid reliever from the same team(Lee/Papelbon?) and move Smyly to the pen.

Nice too see the lazy ass Tigers let Cleveland get off the mat yet again. Twice they have had chances to bury this team in the division and just gagged, gagged, gagged...Embarrassing how they are playing at home...

Lead down to 4.5 games, the fact that we aren't 8+ up on this shit division is laughably bad.

Back