Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 97 Tigers @ D-backs July 22, 2014

Did Joba fall in to a woodchipper and I just didn't read about it?

A lead, in the 8th...on the fucking road and you don't bring in your set up man.....

JESUS FUCKIGN CHRIST ARE YOU TRYING TO BLOW GAMES BRAD/GENE?

Joba pitched 3 games in a row.. I guess Brad already said he was not being used..

Having said all that. Yes Porcello should have just stayed in the game. That was the dumb move.

Bases loaded and you let the pitcher come to the plate to hit? People would've been screaming bullshit for days.

Bases loaded and you let the pitcher come to the plate to hit? People would've been screaming bullshit for days.

Ahh sorry I wasn't paying close attention to that. If that's the case then yeah Brad was kind of caught in a tough spot.

We could DFA the whole pen except Joba and still probably get the same results as we do now....

Joba appeared in the last 3 games, one of which he threw 20+ pitches I believe. Not at all surprised he wasn't available.

All 3 relievers that were brought in allowed a base runner, I don't see how that's the manager's fault. Screams shitty bullpen and nothing more to me.

Noted about Joba.

But then your replacement guy for the 8th is Coke?

Sorry that is still on Brad. Bring out Krol, or ABQ or Knebel or even Don fucking Kelly to try to do the 8th....but Coke with a 1 run lead as your Joba replacement?

Noted about Joba.

Sorry that is still on Brad. Bring out Krol, or ABQ or Knebel or even Don fucking Kelly to try to do the 8th....but Coke with a 1 run lead as your Joba replacement?

None of them are trustworthy is the sad truth. And Coke has actually been not too bad for a while now.

I just hate losing Games we should be win...It really is unacceptable how many games this team has blown....

Just what you need in a utility player 0 homers and 4 RBI's

Nah, Bringing in Davis to face a lefty was the right move.

Striking out on 3 pitches after starting off 3-0 was pretty terrible though.

Tough loss

Dave dumbrowski the bull pen other than joba is a fking joke sir

Last edited:
None of them are trustworthy is the sad truth. And Coke has actually been not too bad for a while now.

If you keep saying that I'm going to stab you in the face.

Last edited:
Noted about Joba.

Coke had performed arguably better than Krol and ABQ over the last week or so. I know Coke is the whipping boy along with DFK around here but as long as DD makes no acquisitions for the bullpen, Coke will need to pitch in these situations once in a while.

But since you are the guy that has openly said you don't want Coke to succeed and would rather see him fail at the Tigers expense, I don't see you changing your opinion on this.

Last edited:
If Rick was at 77 Pitches then maybe it is a mistake not letting him hit knowing we do not have Joba for the 8th inning...

That 0-2 pitch is beyond maddening from a pitcher trying to stay in the big leagues..

IT WAS GROOVED RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE... WTF :/

Last edited:
If Rick was at 77 Pitches then maybe it is a mistake not letting him hit knowing we do not have Joba for the 8th inning...

That 0-2 pitch is beyond maddening from a pitcher trying to stay in the big leagues..

IT WAS GROOVED RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE... WTF :/

Gibson dared him to pull Porcello by walking Suarez. I thought it was the wrong move since Joba wasn't going and Rick had been rolling. It is NL baseball though so I trust(ed) Ausmus.

Coke has to do his job in that situation.

I'm sorry.. But Coke has blown way to many games.. A month reprieve is not enough...

Gibson dared him to pull Porcello by walking Suarez. I thought it was the wrong move since Joba wasn't going and Rick had been rolling. It is NL baseball though so I trust(ed) Ausmus.

Coke has to do his job in that situation.

Its Coke.. We Knew his good stretch would not last..

Back