Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ian Kinsler All-Star 2014

He'd be wrong..it was and still is Victor. Now add in JD because he wasn't expected to do anything. I'd say Kinsler is 3rd.

This makes me feel better. I don't think there is a better baseball person in town than Miguel Cabrera. His understanding of the game amazes me often times. That you disagree with his assessment of the team even though he is in the locker room everyday and sees and hears all the things Kinsler says and does tells me that the chance of us agreeing on stuff is pretty slim.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Last edited:
Kinsler has played well but his numbers aren't far off from his career numbers. JD on the other hand has went from Dud to Stud..

Kinsler has played well but his numbers aren't far off from his career numbers. JD on the other hand has went from Dud to Stud..

But the topic is MVP. Biggest surprise is JD with Porcello trying to keep pace for 2nd. Porcello keeps it up and wins the Cy Young because Tanaka is done for the year - who is the bigger surprise?

Back to Ian though - I think he is the guy that Dotel said was missing on the team back in 2012. That is what an MVP does - he shows it on the field, in practice and tells other motherfuckers when they ain't getting it done. That isn't Miggy - Miggy leads by example but I think understands he has a unique baseball gift so he has a difficult time expecting others to do what he does.

But the topic is MVP. Biggest surprise is JD with Porcello trying to keep pace for 2nd. Porcello keeps it up and wins the Cy Young because Tanaka is done for the year - who is the bigger surprise?

Back to Ian though - I think he is the guy that Dotel said was missing on the team back in 2012. That is what an MVP does - he shows it on the field, in practice and tells other motherfuckers when they ain't getting it done. That isn't Miggy - Miggy leads by example but I think understands he has a unique baseball gift so he has a difficult time expecting others to do what he does.

MVP can mean a lot of things..you could easily say where would we be without JD as much as where'd we be without Victor or Kinsler.

Edit: Or Porcello. Just because he's Miggy doesn't mean it's true.

Last edited:
MVP can mean a lot of things..you could easily say where would we be without JD as much as where'd we be without Victor or Kinsler.

Edit: Or Porcello. Just because he's Miggy doesn't mean it's true.

It is true for Miggy. That's good enough to make it true for me, I'll admit.

I'll take a near 1.000 and over 1.000 OPS over Kinslers numbers any day. Even if he does play 2B. As far as what you said earlier about clubhouse and that..at least for league MVP I doubt they count that aspect much..

It's the Martinez boys. Their clutch hitting is amazing..

Last edited:
I'll take a near 1.000 and over 1.000 OPS over Kinslers numbers any day. Even if he does play 2B. As far as what you said earlier about clubhouse and that..at least for league MVP I doubt they count that aspect much..

It's the Martinez boys. Their clutch hitting is amazing..

You disagree with Miguel Cabrera. I don't. It's all good.

League MVP has some of this factored in but I agree not to the same extent as it does when a team elects its MVP.

The Martinez boys are absurd. If you say JD Martinez is your MVP I won't disagree. If you say Victor I won't disagree. If you say Scherzer I won't disagree. If you say Cabrera I won't disagree. If you say Porcello I won't disagree. If you say Fister I'll laugh.

I couldn't vote for M-Mart just because he is only a DH. He is hitting great but that is all he does.

I think the Tigers' MVP is Phil Coke because he's only pitched 33 innings this season.

I think the Tigers' MVP is Phil Coke because he's only pitched 33 innings this season.

Phil Coke the last 30 days...

W L ERA G SV HLD BSIPTBF HR ER HR BB IBB HBP WP BK SO
1 0 2.45 11 110 11.0 46 12 3 30 2 1 0009

It's like making fun of Fatty McGoo - the joke doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

Careful.....the "cherry picking stats" police might object.

Careful.....the "cherry picking stats" police might object.

I'm an admitted cherry picker, any port in a storm...

Not too many ways to slice that pie though - Coke has been good for the last month.

He's been better, but it'll take a lot more than that before he gains the trust of many of us I'm sure.

Back