Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jacksonville St @ The defending Rose Bowl and Big Ten Champion MSU game thread

Team looks good. Worried a little about coverage, but the front seven on defense looks like an NFL team.

Was hoping that they wouldn't score the whole game, but it was bound to happen with the 2nd unit.

O'Connor looks like Maxwell out there. Hope when Cook leaves he can step up, if not get Terry some time.

Just left, at Georgios, about to kill 2 slices

Overall. Great game. Offense looks amazing. D front 7 looks better than last year. DBs looked shaky in coverage at times even thought they had 3 INTs.

Best players:
Offense; Cook, Conklin, Lippett, Troup.
Defense: Thomas!!! Davis, Williamson.

Montez Sweat was the best looking freshman with a sack, but McDowell looked good too.

Demetrius Cooper was a monster at times.

Really think we called a vanilla defensive game. Barely blitzed at all.

Just what you wanted to see other than the Jackson injury. They didn't cross the 50 against the first team defense, passing game couldn't have been much better

Just what you wanted to see other than the Jackson injury. They didn't cross the 50 against the first team defense, passing game couldn't have been much better

Yeah, very impressive performance against a decent team, JSU would probably beat EMU and Wyoming. Jackson's injury was reported to be back spasms. Kings injury looked more serious.

All we've heard about AJ Troup was true, guy has an NFL body and can move, also has a great set of hands. Cook has close to 10 viable targets at receiver/TE and that's not including the backs or FB. JSU really loaded up against the run, stacking 9 and 10 guys in the box so I'm not surprised we didn't run for more yards, still had over 200.

Really thought several defenders stood out, Lawrence Thomas was a beast even though he wasn't in on a lot of plays. Joel Heath was also around the ball all game. Ed Davis was everywhere and had 1-1/2 sacks, he's a bigger and faster version of Denicos. Jones was solid in the middle and did a good job of making the calls. Darian Harris was excellent too. I don't think there is much doubt that our front 7 is probably better this year.

The secondary played well too, but not as good as last year. Waynes was so good that not a single ball was thrown his way all night. Drummond showed why he's a stud. I thought Darian Hicks looked great most of the night, but had a couple lapses. RJ Williamson was also solid.

It's an FCS team, but one of the best FCS teams in the country and one wo returned a record breaking offense completely intact, our 1st team D helod that offense to 89 yards in the 1st half. I see a top 10 defense again, where in the top ten remains to be seen. Offense could be special, Conner Cook looks like he has made a huge leap forward in his abilities. Cook could be the best QB in the country.

Tall order next week, but I think we'll make it a close game.

Yeah, very impressive performance against a decent team, JSU would probably beat EMU and Wyoming. Jackson's injury was reported to be back spasms. Kings injury looked more serious.

All we've heard about AJ Troup was true, guy has an NFL body and can move, also has a great set of hands. Cook has close to 10 viable targets at receiver/TE and that's not including the backs or FB. JSU really loaded up against the run, stacking 9 and 10 guys in the box so I'm not surprised we didn't run for more yards, still had over 200.

Really thought several defenders stood out, Lawrence Thomas was a beast even though he wasn't in on a lot of plays. Joel Heath was also around the ball all game. Ed Davis was everywhere and had 1-1/2 sacks, he's a bigger and faster version of Denicos. Jones was solid in the middle and did a good job of making the calls. Darian Harris was excellent too. I don't think there is much doubt that our front 7 is probably better this year.

The secondary played well too, but not as good as last year. Waynes was so good that not a single ball was thrown his way all night. Drummond showed why he's a stud. I thought Darian Hicks looked great most of the night, but had a couple lapses. RJ Williamson was also solid.

It's an FCS team, but one of the best FCS teams in the country and one wo returned a record breaking offense completely intact, our 1st team D helod that offense to 89 yards in the 1st half. I see a top 10 defense again, where in the top ten remains to be seen. Offense could be special, Conner Cook looks like he has made a huge leap forward in his abilities. Cook could be the best QB in the country.

Tall order next week, but I think we'll make it a close game.

I say Oregon 38-28

We can have another thread about Oregon soon but I think msu plays a competitive game but loses. If take msu getting 13 though

one thing that's going to kill me this year is confusing

darien harris
darien hicks
mylan hicks

3 guys on defense with similar names, two have the same first name, two have the same last name and one is a combination of one common first name and another common last name

one thing that's going to kill me this year is confusing

darien harris
darien hicks
mylan hicks

3 guys on defense with similar names, two have the same first name, two have the same last name and one is a combination of one common first name and another common last name

gee, that IS confusing. lucky for you no one expects much from a spartan... just point at the screen or the field and say "YEAH! DEFENSE!" while shoveling pizza in your mouth and guzzling a natty light.

gee, that IS confusing. lucky for you no one expects much from a spartan... just point at the screen or the field and say "YEAH! DEFENSE!" while shoveling pizza in your mouth and guzzling a natty light.

you never pass up an opportunity to show how superior you think you are. It must be hard to be that insecure.

stocked up on old style when I was in the Chicago area this summer. And I prefer wings and tostito's salsa con queso w/ Utz extra dark pretzels to dip in it.

Last edited:

Some of us are just too manly for hummus and wine

Back