Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Keith Law's (ESPN) top 5 MVP ballot

papacrick

1. Trout
2. Cano
3. Verlander
4. A. Jackson
5. Felix Hernandez

Wow! Miggy isn't even 2nd best on his own team. WTF!?!?

Kieth Law proves over and over he's no expert when it comes to baseball.

Miggy gets screwed. Granted this is just a dumb espn list but when Miggy didn't win a couple years when he should have won easily he won't ever win. I think people see Miggy and say, same ole same old, he does it every year so its nothing special.

I think this year will be different. His overall numbers just can't be ignored this time.

I think this year will be different. His overall numbers just can't be ignored this time.

I don't see how, his last 2 years Miggy had better numbers. Granted he's playing 3rd now but most think he's piece of shit there and won't consider it.

Saw this earlier and was pretty pissed, but then again it's just Keith Law and he doesnt have a vote. There's no doubt in my mind that Miggy is more valuable than both Jackson and Verlander this year, and well everyone else in the entire MLB. Trout has cooled off lately, as he is batting .268 in August. Miggy will win the batting title and well as the RBI race, and he has a chance to win the triple crown this year, but I think HR will be the hardest category.

Miggy gets screwed. Granted this is just a dumb espn list but when Miggy didn't win a couple years when he should have won easily he won't ever win. I think people see Miggy and say, same ole same old, he does it every year so its nothing special.

It just goes to show what little these awards mean when people like Law talk about them. If you actually watched more than 50 or so Tiger games this year, anyone with a brain would know that Miggy is an MVP candidate. More so than JV, AJ or Cano.

There is no argument that can be made otherwise, this year, IMO. Jackson and JV are having great years....but without Miggy this team would be in TROUBLE.

I can deal with Trout winning it. That guy has been un fucking believable. He has the numbers, the defense and the fact that the team was CRAP before he arrived behind him. To me, the MVP is a two man race between Trout and Miggy right now.

To be honest, it seems like its going to come down to whichever team makes the playoffs. If they both do.....it's Trout's to lose.

Saw this earlier and was pretty pissed, but then again it's just Keith Law and he doesnt have a vote. There's no doubt in my mind that Miggy is more valuable than both Jackson and Verlander this year, and well everyone else in the entire MLB. Trout has cooled off lately, as he is batting .268 in August. Miggy will win the batting title and well as the RBI race, and he has a chance to win the triple crown this year, but I think HR will be the hardest category.

Agreed.

Unfortunately for him, Miggy doesnt get the chance to play half his games in that launching pad in Arlington. If he did, he'd have 35-37 HR's right now.

He's on pace for career highs in homers and rbis...and that's saying something. The only things that are down from last year is OBP and AVG...

He smokes trout in HR and even more in RBI. I think because Trout has been getting so much attention I bet some voters already made their mind up. You remember when Hamilton won after an awful Sept? Should have been a shoo-in for Miggy.

Trouts much better defensively. And possibly the best base stealer in baseball. Nothing wrong if Trout won.

Trouts much better defensively. And possibly the best base stealer in baseball. Nothing wrong if Trout won.

It depends on a couple things, for one Trout (granted not many AB) is not hitting well in August. And if he can't hit well in crunch time, which is now it should matter a lot.

And SB is the most overrated stat. Speed helps, SB not so much.

People need to toss homerism and stuff out the window and be objective.

The MVP is Trouts to lose at this point.

But Keith Law not having Cabrera #2 or not even top 5 is just another thing Law says that makes everyone else who follows baseball say "What!!??".

He smokes trout in HR and even more in RBI. I think because Trout has been getting so much attention I bet some voters already made their mind up. You remember when Hamilton won after an awful Sept? Should have been a shoo-in for Miggy.

I completely agree.

However, Trout has been AS ADVERTISED all year. And you have to remember he has played in 23 fewer games, has scored 93 runs in 95 games!!!!...stolen 38 bases in 41 attempts....and his HR's and RBI's for a leadoff batter are fucking insane!!!

He also plays one of the best CF in all of baseball.

I think Miggy SHOULD win the award. As of right this second, I think Trout WOULD win it.

I completely agree.

However, Trout has been AS ADVERTISED all year. And you have to remember he has played in 23 fewer games, has scored 93 runs in 95 games!!!!...stolen 38 bases in 41 attempts....and his HR's and RBI's for a leadoff batter are fucking insane!!!

He also plays one of the best CF in all of baseball.

I think Miggy SHOULD win the award. As of right this second, I think Trout WOULD win it.

That's a good point, for Miggy. Shouldn't games played be a part of why someone deserves it.

And Trout has 38 SB, 3 CS. Of those 38, how many did he score during that time? And how many of those would he have scored anyways, without a SB, for example the next guy hits a HR and or the next two guys get base hits. SB are way way way overrated.

I get it Thumb but he struggled lately, Miggy is clutch right now. Their OPS are close.

Mike Trout WAR: 8.1; OPS+ 180
oWAR: 6.4
dWAR: 1.7

Miguel Cabrera WAR: 5.2; OPS+ 159 [significantly lower than the last 2 seasons]
oWAR: 5.3
dWAR: 0.2

And before someone suggests MVP is not about defense, remember who won last year.

I'd love for Cabrera to win an MVP, I believe he's the best pure hitter in baseball, but this year, Trout has him beat. So far.

Mike Trout WAR: 8.1; OPS+ 180
oWAR: 6.4
dWAR: 1.7

Miguel Cabrera WAR: 5.2; OPS+ 159 [significantly lower than the last 2 seasons]
oWAR: 5.3
dWAR: 0.2

And before someone suggests MVP is not about defense, remember who won last year.

I'd love for Cabrera to win an MVP, I believe he's the best pure hitter in baseball, but this year, Trout has him beat. So far.

Well, its not just about the numbers or else why have a vote. Why did Hamilton win. But August and Sept. should matter more to 2nd place teams trying to get to the playoffs, than games in April and May.

No idea what will happen in 6 weeks but Miggy is much more clutch this time of the year.

Back