Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Let's go get REVIS!!!!!!

If you could get him for 12 mil ish id grab him. Gonna cost 8 or more to resign houston anyways.

dumping avril's salary and exchange for cheap rookie cap DE + replacing Houston...yeah, they could make a run for him. plus there is always the infamous restructuring of contracts. no problem. giddy up!!!

yes that was a joke

It makes sense for the Jets. They need much more..I wish we had Revis just so we could trade him..

I was sitting here for most of the time after this sad-sack season was over thinking about how would management move and shake players (and contracts) to help the team moving forward, then I saw that shit!

I think over the cap money is money well spent when you have some sort of hardware to show for it at least. But to think about how garbage they were?.... How they have to go and likely draft another quarterback after Sanchez was deemed a failure and Tebow-time was deemed a failure?.... And how they could let their best player walk and still be over the cap? Wow.

It makes sense for the Jets. They need much more..I wish we had Revis just so we could trade him..

Careful Mitch, I remember when I suggested trading CJ and had the wrath of the board come down on me. Seems most people would rather watch a single superstar earn individual achievements than to trade that superstar to get the pieces needed for a team to compete for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I would trade Barry Sanders (in his day) or CJ AND Suh AND Stafford and anyone else I had to in order to create a Super Bowl Champion team. Individual players can be extremely fun to watch, but that is nothing compared to watching your team hoist the championship trophy. People have their priorities screwed up.

Granted there is no guarantees and the Lions could make trades and still end up not making the playoffs because, well, it's the Lions. Still, trading CJ, Suh, and Stafford would free up a ton of $$$, but you never know if the players you get will be worth a damn, so I get that side of the argument. Just tired of having all that money tied up when they could trade and get more depth for less money, freeing up money to get even better players and more depth.

Careful Mitch, I remember when I suggested trading CJ and had the wrath of the board come down on me. Seems most people would rather watch a single superstar earn individual achievements than to trade that superstar to get the pieces needed for a team to compete for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I would trade Barry Sanders (in his day) or CJ AND Suh AND Stafford and anyone else I had to in order to create a Super Bowl Champion team. Individual players can be extremely fun to watch, but that is nothing compared to watching your team hoist the championship trophy. People have their priorities screwed up.

Granted there is no guarantees and the Lions could make trades and still end up not making the playoffs because, well, it's the Lions. Still, trading CJ, Suh, and Stafford would free up a ton of $$$, but you never know if the players you get will be worth a damn, so I get that side of the argument. Just tired of having all that money tied up when they could trade and get more depth for less money, freeing up money to get even better players and more depth.

I thought they should have tried to move CJ too. This isn't basketball where you can build a team around a few superstars. The only superstar player that a football team can build around is a QB.

Just because I said it was right for the Jets to trade Revis doesn't mean I want CJ traded. Because I don't.

Until we start having better drafts it wont matter who we bring in. 1 or 2 more star players aren't going to make a difference for this team.

Revis is the 2nd best corner I have ever seen in the NFL (Deion Sanders), and there's a big gap to #3. On the right team he could make a good defense into a great defense.

That would be awsome to be 40 million under the cap with no talent on the team and can't snif a FA cause we suck.

Lions don't have the cap room in the future to give Revis the extension he wants. Plus the injury. Plus the draft picks you have to give up.

Thanks but no thanks for having Revis for probably only one year.

That would be awsome to be 40 million under the cap with no talent on the team and can't snif a FA cause we suck.

Look at the two teams in the SB this year. Neither one has a super star on either side of the ball. The WRs and RBs are good but not great. Even the QBs are above average but not elite. IMO CJ is kind of a waste on this team....they aren't even close to being a complete team that can contend.

Look at the two teams in the SB this year. Neither one has a super star on either side of the ball. The WRs and RBs are good but not great. Even the QBs are above average but not elite. IMO CJ is kind of a waste on this team....they aren't even close to being a complete team that can contend.

That's because we have too much crap. Get rid of the high priced crap and you fix the cap. And start hitting on some late cheap round picks.

Willis, Smith and Aldon Smith are superstars and all top 10 picks. Though Smith came via FA along with Carlos Rogers another top 10 pick. Without them the 49ers are garbage. They turned the corner once they got Smith and Rogers to complete the team last year.

They built a nice offense without a superstar but still used a number 1 overall on a backup QB and top 5 pick on a TE. Crabtree is a top 10 pick as well. 3/5ths of their Oline are all 1st rounders too that developed overtime in Staley, Iupati and Anthony Davis. This offense took forever to develop into what it is (many many years) and then Kaep added a new wrinkle as their defense got dominant.

Last edited:
That's because we have too much crap. Get rid of the high priced crap and you fix the cap. And start hitting on some late cheap round picks.

Hitting on some late picks needs to happen for every team. Not missing on the early picks is a must. However, since the Lions picked so early recently they have over inflated salaries. The salaries of CJ, Suh and Stafford will most likely hamstring this franchise.

And far as SF, Aldon Smith is a stud and will soon get paid like one. And Bowman and Willis, are you kidding me. And Justin Smith is no slouch. You make it sound like don't have any real good players.

Ravens have been lucky to have superstars Ray Lewis, Ed Reed for years. Suggs is a top 10 pick and Ngata is a superstar.

Offensively, the Ravens did a good job with no real superstars. But again this offense took years as Flacco slowly developed and they got rid of Cam Cameron.

And far as SF, Aldon Smith is a stud and will soon get paid like one. And Bowman and Willis, are you kidding me. And Justin Smith is no slouch. You make it sound like don't have any real good players.

Aldon Smith, Willis, Boman and Justin Smith's cap # this year is $17M. Matt Stafford's alone is $17M. Stafford, CJ and Suh total $37M. This is what I am talking about. The Lions are / were forced to pay these guys so much money due to where the spot they were drafted is the reason they will be screwed for years.

Last edited:
Both teams have superstars, what they both have in common is role players that aren't superstars that still make plays. That is what we are lacking and need to develop, role players ie. depth.

Back