Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Let's go get REVIS!!!!!!

Aldon Smith, Willis, Boman and Justin Smith's cap # this year is $17M. Matt Stafford's alone is $17M. Stafford, CJ and Suh total $37M. This is what I am talking about. The Lions are / were forced to pay these guys so much money due to where the spot they were drafted is the reason they will be screwed for years.

But they will soon get paid. Aldon Smith came along in the new rookie cap so he's get his. Stafford is not trade able, regardless what you think of him. I'm 47 and he's the best Lions QB we've had in those years. As far as the other 2, nothing you can do about it - if we have cap trouble other teams will as well if they trade for them.

And SF will be in a similar boat because those guys are all gonna get paid.

Last edited:
Aldon Smith, Willis, Boman and Justin Smith's cap # this year is $17M. Matt Stafford's alone is $17M. Stafford, CJ and Suh total $37M. This is what I am talking about. The Lions are / were forced to pay these guys so much money due to where the spot they were drafted is the reason they will be screwed for years.

Cj just signed a new contract, that has nothing to with the draft. Stafford is a qb so that is understandable suh though is a lot of money for a DT.

Cj just signed a new contract, that has nothing to with the draft. Stafford is a qb so that is understandable suh though is a lot of money for a DT.

Now that you mention it, what kind of deal is Suh looking at when he signs his next contract?

Just because I said it was right for the Jets to trade Revis doesn't mean I want CJ traded. Because I don't.

gotta keep cj. now if you coulda swung a deal that sent stafford to the colts for their #1 pick last year. SOLD! id take luck on a cheap deal for 3 years over staff.

At least we won't add to it since the 5 pick is cheap these days..

But they will soon get paid. Aldon Smith came along in the new rookie cap so he's get his. Stafford is not trade able, regardless what you think of him. I'm 47 and he's the best Lions QB we've had in those years. As far as the other 2, nothing you can do about it - if we have cap trouble other teams will as well if they trade for them.

And SF will be in a similar boat because those guys are all gonna get paid.

The difference is SF has guys that are "super stars" that play positions that don't demand the huge contract. Smith will get paid but the 49ers won't do it if it screws the team cap wise. CJ and Stafford are the two that are going to hurt the Lions the most becuase they were drafted under the old CBA.

right...but since he was drafted under the old CBA he had the lions by the short hairs. If I remember correctly he couldn't be franchised because it would have been like $18M so they were pretty much forced to sign him to a huge contract or let him go last year.

The difference is SF has guys that are "super stars" that play positions that don't demand the huge contract. Smith will get paid but the 49ers won't do it if it screws the team cap wise. CJ and Stafford are the two that are going to hurt the Lions the most becuase they were drafted under the old CBA.

Are you saying Smith won't get signed by SF?

And quit bring up CJ, his contract he just did had nothing to with the draft as its been pointed out.

Both teams have superstars, what they both have in common is role players that aren't superstars that still make plays. That is what we are lacking and need to develop, role players ie. depth.

Lions had playmakers in 2011. Tulloch and Avril. They stopped doing that in 2012. And KVB stopped being even average from 2011 to 2012. A top 5 rookie DE, Suh, Fairley, Houston and Tulloch will need be the playmakers in 2013.

Offensively, Burleson got hurt early and Young stopped making plays other than the Seattle game. Broyles showed he could make plays and got hurt and was used sparingly in the first 4 games to be cautious. Plus they lost a playmaker of 6 games in Jahvid Best. Calvin, an improved Pettigrew, Broyles and Burleson should make enough plays next year. But adding a speed WR wouldn't hurt.

Plus Stafford made about 17 less big plays. This can be somewhat corrected. Split the difference with 30 TDs and the Lions are in much better shape.

right...but since he was drafted under the old CBA he had the lions by the short hairs. If I remember correctly he couldn't be franchised because it would have been like $18M so they were pretty much forced to sign him to a huge contract or let him go last year.

He was going to get a huge contract regardless..

I'm not really worried about Stafford or the WR position. They need some solid defensive players, most notably DE and CB. And more help on the OLINE.

And quit bring up CJ, his contract he just did had nothing to with the draft as its been pointed out.

His contract had everything to do with the draft. He was drafted during the old CBA which created a huge first contract due to his draft position which created the poor position the Lions were in when they were trying to keep him.

His contract had everything to do with the draft. He was drafted during the old CBA which created a huge first contract due to his draft position which created the poor position the Lions were in when they were trying to keep him.

They gave him a huge contract because the guy is awesome. Not because of the old cba.

Agreed and they structured Calvins quite well. It doesn't suck until 2015.

That would be awsome to be 40 million under the cap with no talent on the team and can't snif a FA cause we suck.

news flash einstein, the lions can't sniff a FA now because they don't have the money.

hey, but at least we don't have to concern ourselves with trying to get tickets to the super bowl in our lifetime. thank goodness for that, right? Right??? RIGHT?????? ah, the sweet aroma of disgrace that is the lions.

They sucked, got some high draft picks get over it. You make it sound like trading our "stars" is a good thing.

Agreed and they structured Calvins quite well. It doesn't suck until 2015.

and that is supposed to be comforting...how???

no worries though, lions will suck again in 2013, so you are saying 2014 is the only legit shot at the super bowl because in 2015 they won't be able to afford any guys above league minimum. fantastic!!!

pass the crack, i need a hit

and that is supposed to be comforting...how???

no worries though, lions will suck again in 2013, so you are saying 2014 is the only legit shot at the super bowl because in 2015 they won't be able to afford any guys above league minimum. fantastic!!!

pass the crack, i need a hit

Its easy to say that without hearing "your" plan..

Back