Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lou Holtsssschzz

I'm burnt out on IPAs for the most part. There are only two left that I drink. Sun King Osiris made here in Indy and Founder's All Day IPA. Neither are overly hoppy.

I'm a big fan of sour beers these days. I just tried one from Sam Adams last weekend called Kosmic Mother Funk. Flipping delicious!

I have also never understood the hate towards Sam Adams. They were a pioneer in the craft beer industry and make great beers. I respect that.

Living in Indy you have Upland by you. Sour as it gets. They do more of the fruited sours, the releases are tough to get to but it seems like they usually have left overs the next few days. If you like more laid back sours you can always look for Anchorage bombers, Jolly Pumpkins (more farmhouse ales though) and Crooked Stave (probably more difficult to find in Indy). I looked up what is available in IN for distro and you have a lot of options. Looks like Jester King is even getting distro there now.

As for Sam Adams they are hit or miss. I have always wanted to try Utopias but finding a bottle and then dropping $200 is a hard pill to swallow.
I like Boston Lager still on a hot summer day but I feel like most of their beers leave something to be desired. They used to make a Russian Imperial Stout that was awesome but the new version isn't as good.

yeah, I want to like Sam Adams, but am consistently disappointed. They're okay, but if other options are available, I'll go with those.

Living in Indy you have Upland by you. Sour as it gets. They do more of the fruited sours, the releases are tough to get to but it seems like they usually have left overs the next few days. If you like more laid back sours you can always look for Anchorage bombers, Jolly Pumpkins (more farmhouse ales though) and Crooked Stave (probably more difficult to find in Indy). I looked up what is available in IN for distro and you have a lot of options. Looks like Jester King is even getting distro there now.

As for Sam Adams they are hit or miss. I have always wanted to try Utopias but finding a bottle and then dropping $200 is a hard pill to swallow.
I like Boston Lager still on a hot summer day but I feel like most of their beers leave something to be desired. They used to make a Russian Imperial Stout that was awesome but the new version isn't as good.

I go to Upland's tasting room in Broad Ripple from time to time. Their location in Carmel is too big of a pain in the ass for me. Carmel sucks.

Love me some Jolly Pumpkin!

I'm not familiar with Anchorage bombers. Anchorage Brewing?

Thanks for the heads up on Jester King. I will be looking for them.

I'm excited to try Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp lineup.

http://beercamp.sierranevada.com/beers/

Midwest beer, Family Values, was created by Sierra Nevada, Sun King (Indy), Dark Horse (Marshall, MI), Half Acre (Chicago), Perennial Artisan (St. Louis), and Schell's (New Ulm, MN). They are releasing in May.

I go to Upland's tasting room in Broad Ripple from time to time. Their location in Carmel is too big of a pain in the ass for me. Carmel sucks.

Love me some Jolly Pumpkin!

I'm not familiar with Anchorage bombers. Anchorage Brewing?

Thanks for the heads up on Jester King. I will be looking for them.

Anchorage Brewing, yes.
Mosaic with Brett is good. They did a collaborative with jolly pumpkin too.

Boot camp was OK last year. Nothing to go seek out IMO. I do think it's a cool idea though. SN is always on point plus they were my first craft beer brand.

Anchorage Brewing, yes.
Mosaic with Brett is good. They did a collaborative with jolly pumpkin too.

Boot camp was OK last year. Nothing to go seek out IMO. I do think it's a cool idea though. SN is always on point plus they were my first craft beer brand.

Well thanks for raining on my parade! :cheers:

I don't think Anchorage is readily available around me. I can't recall seeing it. I believe Binny's has it in Naperville, IL. My wife's parents live there so I may grab one of their beers next time we visit them. Although, they usually load me up with whiskey.

Well thanks for raining on my parade! :cheers:

I don't think Anchorage is readily available around me. I can't recall seeing it. I believe Binny's has it in Naperville, IL. My wife's parents live there so I may grab one of their beers next time we visit them. Although, they usually load me up with whiskey.

Please don't take my word for it. You might really enjoy it. It's not like it was bad they had a lot of different beers. One was a sweet potato scottish ale, Maillard's Odyssey, and they made IPA with 3 Floyds (your West Side Indy brewery).

I'm sure they would have it at Binny's. Love that place. I always make sure to stop there when we are in Chicago, the one at Lincoln Park is huge.

Please don't take my word for it. You might really enjoy it. It's not like it was bad they had a lot of different beers. One was a sweet potato scottish ale, Maillard's Odyssey, and they made IPA with 3 Floyds (your West Side Indy brewery).

I'm sure they would have it at Binny's. Love that place. I always make sure to stop there when we are in Chicago, the one at Lincoln Park is huge.

My parade comment was purely in jest. Just having some fun.

Man I wish 3 Floyds was west side Indy. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from my house. My sister, who lives in Chicago, can get there an hour faster than me.

My parade comment was purely in jest. Just having some fun.

Man I wish 3 Floyds was west side Indy. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from my house. My sister, who lives in Chicago, can get there an hour faster than me.

I meant to type IN and it autocorrected to Indy.

3 Floyds is a fun brewery and they make some awesome beers. Hope to get lucky again to get dark lord tix for this year. Highly suggest going to that if you're interested. The bottle sharing is awesome. And you can get lucky and get some very good beers on draft from Hill Farmstead to Russian River

I meant to type IN and it autocorrected to Indy.

3 Floyds is a fun brewery and they make some awesome beers. Hope to get lucky again to get dark lord tix for this year. Highly suggest going to that if you're interested. The bottle sharing is awesome. And you can get lucky and get some very good beers on draft from Hill Farmstead to Russian River

I have been trying to go for the past four years. Never can get tix.

How far along had the relationship advanced by this time (in other words, had you two done it yet?).

I like Jack with a splash of soda water on the rocks; every now and then though I just drink shots with a Mickey's chaser.

About 3-4 dates so not too far in...and no we hadn't gone there yet.

Back