Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lou Holtsssschzz

TheVictors

Did say a couple things and in my old age I may be softening a bit but what caught my ear was when Lou pointed to the number of HS Captains in the M recruiting class.

The stars are what they are and the class pulled in multiple Top 20 players from states like CA and Top 3-5 by position across the board but I like the acknowledgement that a team full of 4-star captains might be just as good as a crew of 5-stars when it comes to leadership and chemistry.

Love the players Harbaugh is going after these 1.25 yrs recruiting ...which we all know he hates and won't do long before going back to the NFL.

Last edited:
Did say a couple things and in my old age I may be softening a bit but what caught my ear was when Lou pointed to the number of HS Captains in the M recruiting class.

The stars are what they are and the class pulled in multiple Top 20 players from states like CA and Top 3-5 by position across the board but I like the acknowledgement that a team full of 4-star captains might be just as good as a crew of 5-stars when it comes to leadership and chemistry.

Love the players Harbaugh is going after these 1.25 yrs recruiting ...which we all know he hates and won't do long before going back to the NFL.

I listened in on some of the event. Alhough it was mostly really awkward banter between McShay, Lou, and Shanahan (understandably, even), Holtz was the best on his feet among the three.

Holtz even dabbed
With devin Gardner and harbaugh.

I finally learned what that was

Last edited:
I listened in on some of the event. Alhough it was mostly really awkward banter between McShay, Lou, and Shanahan (understandably, even), Holtz was the best on his feet among the three.

Still don't get the Shanahan connection ...recall his name mentioned during the search that landed Harbaugh but figured it was just to get his name out there for other NFL jobs. And he interviewed at Miami and SF ...no dice. I think he's done coaching but is NOT TV friendly like a Holtz, Corso or so many other ex-coaches.

Still don't get the Shanahan connection ...recall his name mentioned during the search that landed Harbaugh but figured it was just to get his name out there for other NFL jobs. And he interviewed at Miami and SF ...no dice. I think he's done coaching but is NOT TV friendly like a Holtz, Corso or so many other ex-coaches.

Shanahan said they've been friends for a long time.

Shanahan said they've been friends for a long time.

He and the Harbaughs?

I've just never read it or heard it yet. Shanny was in SF and a Walsh descendent but seemed random vs other guests. Never knew Owen Wilson was an M fan

He and the Harbaughs?

I've just never read it or heard it yet. Shanny was in SF and a Walsh descendent but seemed random vs other guests. Never knew Owen Wilson was an M fan

I believe he said on the show that they'd known each other for a long time. By "they", I mean he and Jim.

Shanny was noticeably uncomfortable talking up there. Only saw bits, but it was cringeworthy at times.

Shanny is cringe worthy during interviews and is why he's not on TV.

And Todd McShay is just a raging tool. His voice sounds contrived to be coach like and though he's on ESPN, he's clearly not a studio host or much of an MC. Tirico should have done it.

My sister kept texting me every time Shanny would start talking, she loathes him.

I still don't know why and I didn't want to ask because she would have went on a huge tirade.

She's a Redskins fan, if that matters.

Probably that.

I respect Shanahan and love that he won back-to-back SuperBowls with the Broncos but I think his time has come/gone and the stint in DC proves it.

Although your sister might have as many issues with Dan Snyder, the meddling owner, if she's being honest. That dude ruined RG3 and the team under Shanny by forcing him in as starter.

Holtz even dabbed
With devin Gardner and harbaugh.

I finally learned what that was

Dabbing is a dance invented by The Association of Black Quarterbacks to piss off old white guy football fans and also MichQB_U.

The local Denver media covering the Broncos and SuperBowl have been mocking the hell out of the national press and in particular, ESPN for DABBGATE, race-baiting and then unearthing the largely debunked and dismissed HGH "story" surrounding Manning.

The whole Panthers narrative of "Us against the World" and being the "Blackest Team in the NFL" which is disturbing to the "establishment"

I fucking hate the Dabbing thing as much as Dabo does and could care less what Cam Newton does after scoring, Black or White.

Fuck the Panthers - they won't know what hit them. Denver is like the gritty SEC team that played tougher competition and closer games and CAR is like the Pac-12/Oregon Ducks team that looks great by playing lesser teams with no defense.

Denver is not like a gritty Big Ten team? jeezzz... you can't even use our conference in a metaphor like that?

Denver is not like a gritty Big Ten team? jeezzz... you can't even use our conference in a metaphor like that?

no. I can't evoke the Iowa or m.s.u. memory of failure like in SB48 when the high-powered Broncos offense was expected to "blow out" Seattle ...

The local Denver media covering the Broncos and SuperBowl have been mocking the hell out of the national press and in particular, ESPN for DABBGATE, race-baiting and then unearthing the largely debunked and dismissed HGH "story" surrounding Manning.

The whole Panthers narrative of "Us against the World" and being the "Blackest Team in the NFL" which is disturbing to the "establishment"

I fucking hate the Dabbing thing as much as Dabo does and could care less what Cam Newton does after scoring, Black or White.

Fuck the Panthers - they won't know what hit them. Denver is like the gritty SEC team that played tougher competition and closer games and CAR is like the Pac-12/Oregon Ducks team that looks great by playing lesser teams with no defense.

Maybe Carolina's center will be dumb enough to telegraph every snap like Stork did in the AFC Championship. That was really neat.

Maybe Carolina's center will be dumb enough to telegraph every snap like Stork did in the AFC Championship. That was really neat.

Hadn't heard that one yet..

But I have read that Newton holds the ball for over a half-second longer than Brady and Manning do and if he sits in the pocket, Miller, Wolfe, Ware and Jackson will tee off on him.

I've heard some other things from Broncos camp - things they're seeing on Film that would appear to be a huge opportunity for the defense.

Hadn't heard that one yet..

But I have read that Newton holds the ball for over a half-second longer than Brady and Manning do and if he sits in the pocket, Miller, Wolfe, Ware and Jackson will tee off on him.

I've heard some other things from Broncos camp - things they're seeing on Film that would appear to be a huge opportunity for the defense.

Well there is quite a bit of video documentation of Stork's blatant head bob with Ware and Miller jumping it every time. It was embarrassing. It's no wonder the Pats' o-line coach was canned the next day.

Newton is a bit harder to tee off on because of how ridiculously good of a runner he is.

Last edited:
Well there is quite a bit of video documentation of Stork's blatant head bob with Ware and Miller jumping it every time. It was embarrassing. It's no wonder the Pats' o-line coach was canned the next day.

Newton is a bit harder to tee off on because of how ridiculously good of a runner he is.

He's a good runner but the Denver D has some incredibly good athletes that most other teams do not have and if Cam gets rattled early on, I'd expect to see him sulk a bit and the immaturity show.

I think Stewart is the key to the game for CAR and if they can get the read option going and control the clock.

Back