Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

to be fair, they are predicting the top 100 players for the upcoming season...not ranking them on what they have done in the past.

Remember how Carr was in the runnings for MVP, what changed?

A: His team. Still amazes me how some can't seperate QB talent and team wins.

Also, pretty funny reading the replies of Rapoport's tweet from when Stafford signed his extension.
The #Lions deal for QB Matthew Stafford eclipses the $25M per year that QB Derek Carr received this summer.

Aug. 2017
TheLionLowdown

Remember how Carr was in the runnings for MVP, what changed?

A: His team. Still amazes me how some can't seperate QB talent and team wins.

Also, pretty funny reading the replies of Rapoport's tweet from when Stafford signed his extension.
The #Lions deal for QB Matthew Stafford eclipses the $25M per year that QB Derek Carr received this summer.

Aug. 2017
TheLionLowdown

Chucky is killing Carr. But yes....it IS amazing when people cannot separate the two. Drew Brees went 7-9 three years in a row and 4 out of 5 years. Its not because he sucked 4 out of 5 years....but his team did.

Anyway....the Raiders are a complete mess right now. Carr is better than he is playing....hopefully for him he?ll be the next to get out!

I'm not sure I've seen any bash on Matt because of the record. That's on the GM and HC and the people here seem to say that.. We bash on Matt for a fumble and INT at the end of game.. Or his missed passes.

Though there are some that when others say "Matt wasn't good" assume we mean "it's all Matt's fault." Which is also wrong.

I'm not sure I've seen any bash on Matt because of the record. That's on the GM and HC and the people here seem to say that.. We bash on Matt for a fumble and INT at the end of game.. Or his missed passes.

Though there are some that when others say "Matt wasn't good" assume we mean "it's all Matt's fault." Which is also wrong.

You're the same moron that told me to stop blaming the defense tho. Remember??

Then why did you tell me to stop blaming the defense?

When did I tell you that? Sometimes it is all the defense. Sometimes all the offense, many times it's every part. My point was if someone says Matt played bad doesn't mean we completely blame him.

Lets stop acting like the offense is all great....fun fact of the day....we have the worst scoring offense in our division. Combined with the defense thats giving up the most points per game in the league. Recipe for suck.

When did I tell you that? Sometimes it is all the defense. Sometimes all the offense, many times it's every part. My point was if someone says Matt played bad doesn't mean we completely blame him.

Right after the Seattle game you told me that lol. How we forget eh.....too funny lol. I was actually putting blame on Stafford and the defense and you told me straight up to stop blaming the defense. It was comical

Lets stop acting like the offense is all great....fun fact of the day....we have the worst scoring offense in our division. Combined with the defense thats giving up the most points per game in the league. Recipe for suck.

I don't think our offense is great at all but it's the least of my concerns. Not many holes on the offense IMO. You look at the defense and you see holes at almost every position. We need LBs, DLinemen, another Safety, another CB etc etc etc. Defense needs to get fixed ASAP

Stafford currently ranks as one of the least pressured QBs in the NFL. Lions offense has the 5th least amount of explosive plays. Aka...stafford loves to hold onto the ball...let the play develop...then do nothing with it. And then people wonder why he has got sacked so much the last 2 weeks.

Stafford currently ranks as one of the least pressured QBs in the NFL. Lions offense has the 5th least amount of explosive plays. Aka...stafford loves to hold onto the ball...let the play develop...then do nothing with it. And then people wonder why he has got sacked so much the last 2 weeks.

It's hard to determine who is actually at fault for all of the sacks he has been taking lately. Is it the OL, Staff for not getting rid of the ball soon enough, or the guys not getting open. My guess is it is a little of all three.

It's hard to determine who is actually at fault for all of the sacks he has been taking lately. Is it the OL, Staff for not getting rid of the ball soon enough, or the guys not getting open. My guess is it is a little of all three.

true...but if youre one of the best at limiting number of pressures....you shouldnt be bottom 5 in explosive plays. Dink n dunk 20 to 20 champion. Stat Padford at his finest.

well, 11 games in and I think the players that were polled got their QB ranking wrong.
Stafford is not #9...he is probably outside of the top 15 for this year.

NFL rankings as of 11/26

rating 90.8 22nd
yards per game 258 17th
YPA 7.00 26th
comp % 67.0 14th
Int 10 8th
TDs 17 16th

Last edited:
well, 11 games in and I think the players that were polled got their QB ranking wrong.
Stafford is not #9...he is probably outside of the top 15 for this year.

NFL rankings as of 11/26

rating 90.8 22nd
yards per game 258 17th
YPA 7.00 26th
comp % 67.0 14th
Int 10 8th
TDs 17 16th

I remember the days that it was a great season if the passer rating reached 90. But now it seems every team reaches that..

Back