Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan game

5 total passes in the 2nd half is pretty nice.

Exactly, its not debatable. When youre up 5 scores you play "hold on ball" we were up 3, thats still striking distance. That is what is surprising is watching the presser and how intense he was and seeing them run up the middle EVERY PLAY since 5 minutes left in the 3rd. When you have someone on the ropes you put them away. We did that last year, we arent doing this year.

Last edited:
Exactly, its not debatable. When youre up 5 scores you play "hold on ball" we were up 3, thats still striking distance. That is what is surprising is watching the presser and how intense he was and seeing them run up the middle EVERY PLAY since 5 minutes left in the 3rd. When you have someone on the ropes you put them away. We did that last year, we arent doing this year.

28-3 is up 4 scores and it wasn't like they could stop our running game.

did anyone find it strange that Hoke and Nuss celebrate like they won the NC when they were fist pumping after their TD? I know that got it to 28-9, 2pt conversion got it to 16 but that was really odd.

did anyone find it strange that Hoke and Nuss celebrate like they won the NC when they were fist pumping after their TD? I know that got it to 28-9, 2pt conversion got it to 16 but that was really odd.

First TD since 2011 versus Sparty. Not that odd.

First TD since 2011 versus Sparty. Not that odd.

that was pretty disappointing - the fumble was completely unforced, Langford just coughed it up and gave them a really short field. It actually was the first thing I thought about when I saw the ball come loose - that it could end the streak of no TDs...

the streak was somewhat stupid since it encompassed a loss. I'd be happy to win every game from here on out 9-0, whatever. it's just something for people to talk about really. I don't think michigan was that disappointed in 2012 that they didn't score a TD

It encompassed a loss because of a feckless offense and bad play calling in the red zone. That hardly invalidates the streak and what it meant to the defense. Looking at 2012 on a stand alone basis, of course they're happy to get the win but the fact that they weren't able to get into the end zone for 3 years was pretty remarkable and pretty humiliating for them even if we did manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2012...

Last edited:
Back