Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan @ Rutgers

Hey! They play everyone tough, right.

Got out of there with a win! Mission accomplished!

I do whatever I can do bitch about anything, as you guys well know. And it was an ugly win, but any road win is damn near impossible in conference. Rutgers was playing much, much better.

Michigan's got a lot of work, but I won't complain too much.

All of the talk pregame was about how tough Rutgers has been playing everyone

We even discussed it here.

travel, 2nd of 2 road games, anything can happen in these games.

SUre, I would have liked a more comfortable win, but they just needed to survive tonight and they did

As for Purdue? The tables will be turned when they come to AA. Purdue will be looking to survive against a scrappy Michigan team. They need to win to stay atop the big 10. They will be playing the 2nd road game in a row where they struggled to beat PSU in the first one.

All of the talk pregame was about how tough Rutgers has been playing everyone

We even discussed it here.

travel, 2nd of 2 road games, anything can happen in these games.

SUre, I would have liked a more comfortable win, but they just needed to survive tonight and they did

As for Purdue? The tables will be turned when they come to AA. Purdue will be looking to survive against a scrappy Michigan team. They need to win to stay atop the big 10. They will be playing the 2nd road game in a row where they struggled to beat PSU in the first one.

It would be nice to win on senior night.

They're an extremely tough match-up for us. Swanigan and Haas are huge mismatches.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I would push the pace and see if they can keep up. But that is me. I am sure jb will not do it.

JB also notched his 500th win at the division 1 level.

I would push the pace and see if they can keep up. But that is me. I am sure jb will not do it.

Swanigan can keep up. Haas can't, but we won't push it enough to make up for the fact that absolute no one on our team can guard either of them one on one.

We have to play solid D against them and hope they miss their shots. Hopefully Wilson and Wagner stay out of foul trouble.

Gotta play more zone against Purdue. You can't let guys like Donnal and Wilson go one on one with Haas and Swanigan. There's no difference with rebounding, they will already get smoked with that regardless.

Gotta play more zone against Purdue. You can't let guys like Donnal and Wilson go one on one with Haas and Swanigan. There's no difference with rebounding, they will already get smoked with that regardless.

We can't let Wagner go one on one with Haas either. Haas is on a tear his last three games. Averaging 18.3 PPG and 7.6 RPG while playing 23 MPG. He's also shooting 71% over the last three. Our best defense against him will be to get him in foul trouble. Our guys are more mobile than him and we need to try and get his giant ass on the bench.

Sadly, this team has no experience playing any effective zone defense. We'll have to go man to man or play the atrocious 1-3-1 that constantly leaves shooters wide open.

Since when does jb ever play a 2/3 zone ? I wish he would sometimes ..

It's really the easiest defense to play in basketball. And Michigan actually has the personnel to play it. Guards with a decent wingspan and long, lanky post players. 2-3 doesn't require months to learn it. Move to your spot, rotate with the ball, keep your hands moving. That's about it.

It's really the easiest defense to play in basketball. And Michigan actually has the personnel to play it. Guards with a decent wingspan and long, lanky post players. 2-3 doesn't require months to learn it. Move to your spot, rotate with the ball, keep your hands moving. That's about it.

Could we really ever trust guys like Donnal and Robinson to rotate properly? No. No we could not.

Lol we are 346th in RPG out of 351 teams. It won't make any difference if they played in a zone, man to man, or had 12 players on the court.

Back