Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mock Drafts

http://detroitjockcity.com/2017/03/28/detroit-lions-draft-2017-defensive-end/
Detroit Lions Draft 2017: A Defensive End for Every Round.
Taking a look at a defensive end the Detroit Lions could consider in every round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
DJC

I have a good feeling about Hunter Dimick out of Utah. He led the Pac 12 in sacks at 14.5(5 coming in one game). I would always take a chance on a late round guy who was very productive in college even if his measurable aren't ideal.

I'd be thrilled (homerism being what it is) to land Peppers in the first, Lewis in the 2nd (he will fall with his recent arrest) and Butt in the 3rd. Yep, an all-Michigan top of the draft, and it fills three positions of need with starters who can play.

Butt maybe not so much.. but Peppers in the 1st and Lewis in the 2nd would be a dream come true. Two guys who can compete at a very high level, who know each other very well already, and can anchor a secondary for years to come.

I'd be thrilled (homerism being what it is) to land Peppers in the first, Lewis in the 2nd (he will fall with his recent arrest) and Butt in the 3rd. Yep, an all-Michigan top of the draft, and it fills three positions of need with starters who can play.

Butt maybe not so much.. but Peppers in the 1st and Lewis in the 2nd would be a dream come true. Two guys who can compete at a very high level, who know each other very well already, and can anchor a secondary for years to come.

Though he is an elite athlete.....Peppers was so bad in coverage he was switched to LB last year. I'm looking at this as a Lion fan......I would not be all that happy with Peppers. He's not better than Lawson in coverage and certainly doesn't tackle like Killabrew. He's not going to take Quin's spot at FS, either.

I'm not sure I'd be OK with taking a nickel back or dime package LB with a 1st round pick. Hell of an athlete, for sure, but I think Peppers will struggle as a defender at the NFL level. He'll be a GREAT returner, though.

Last edited:
Back