Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

It looks like he's playing at La Lumiere in Indiana. It's out of state but still in the region. Some of my cousins went there - it's not a big school and I don't ever recall them being really competitive in sports. Seems like an odd choice - but maybe things have changed since then.

Well, thats much better then. I read California but didnt see a school named. Really an odd choice for Senior year to leave Saginaw. Im missing something here

Well, thats much better then. I read California but didnt see a school named. Really an odd choice for Senior year to leave Saginaw. Im missing something here

I think he's only a Jr this year. It's been a shitty trend in Michigan for the top players to bail. Too many restrictions by the MHSAA.

Last edited:
I think he's only a Jr this year. It's been a shitty trend in Michigan for the top players to bail. Too many restrictions by the MHSSA.

Yeah, the site I looked at (rivals) also said he's 2017. MHSAA is bad - back in my day kids who moved in from out of state had to sit out a year. So if a parent got transferred to Michigan for a job, the kids got screwed which is ridiculous considering so few high school kids are college caliber athletes. When I lived in Chicago kids could go to any public school regardless of where they lived and it seemed like elite kids would transfer and pick different schools from one year to the next all the time. About the only thing you didn't see was mid-season transfers.

I still don't get it. It's a little rich kid school - my cousins were local and commuted but it's mostly boarders. One of their classmates would go home for holidays in the family helicopter. She'd get picked up and dropped off on the football field. Another one was a Coors granddaughter, it's a good school but
unless things have changed since the 90s, it's not an athletic powerhouse school or even a very competitive one.

I still don't get it. It's a little rich kid school - my cousins were local and commuted but it's mostly boarders. One of their classmates would go home for holidays in the family helicopter. She'd get picked up and dropped off on the football field. Another one was a Coors granddaughter, it's a good school but
unless things have changed since the 90s, it's not an athletic powerhouse school or even a very competitive one.

It appears to be a BB school now.

http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Humphries-75144

http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Coleman-Lands-14137

http://247sports.com/Player/Nolan-Narain-75222

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Toye-31908

That's just a handful of the D1 players from last years team. I saw several 3 star guys on my search as well.

Jefferson also attended but they flew him in and out for football games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOSalcHVXnU

Last edited:
It appears to be a BB school now...

...That's just a handful of the D1 players from last years team. I saw several 3 star guys on my search as well.

I guess so. With a roster like that they have to be competitive nationally now.

Who wants to bet that if Isaac gets that Kentucky offer he'll be at Gonzaga or some other school (ND maybe) by the 2018 season?

Last edited:
Humphries reclassified to 2015, got offered and signed w/ KY - trying to decide if I push up my prediction for his move to Spokane, or maybe back to the South Bend area from 2018 to 2017...

Last edited:
Just read that Cassius Winston said that he might not take an official to Michigan, but that doesn't mean they're eliminated. All of the correspondence in the article was via text so you can't make too much of it since he's been there a lot but it's a little strange at least. He will be in east Lansing with nick ward and hopefully josh Jackson this weekend. Not sure if josh langford will be there, he committed on his official and he'd have to come from Alabama on his own dime.

Just read that Cassius Winston said that he might not take an official to Michigan, but that doesn't mean they're eliminated. All of the correspondence in the article was via text so you can't make too much of it since he's been there a lot but it's a little strange at least. He will be in east Lansing with nick ward and hopefully josh Jackson this weekend. Not sure if josh langford will be there, he committed on his official and he'd have to come from Alabama on his own dime.

Bridges is coming too. Winston is on commit watch IMO.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Visitors this weekend:
Joshua Langford ’16 5* CG (commit) -Madison, AL

Nick award '16 4* PF (commit/official) -Columbus, OH

Miles Bridges '16 5* F (official) -Flint, MI

Cassius Winston '16 4* PG (official) -Detroit, MI

Matt Beachler ’17 3* SG -Lowell, MI

Brian Bowen ’17 5* SF -Saginaw, MI

Xavier Tillman ‘17 4* PF -Grand Rapids, MI

Davion Williams ’18 NR G -Belleville, MI

Brandon Johns ’18 5* F -Lansing, MI

Foster Loyer ’18 NR PG -Clarkston, MI

pretty awesome that langford is coming up from Alabama on his own dime since he already had his official

pretty awesome that langford is coming up from Alabama on his own dime since he already had his official

Yeah, was surprised when he committed, but he's been recruiting for us since he joined. I think Winston is joining the class this weekend. Would love to land Bridges too, but he may be leaning UK.

Back