Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

Early signing period starts tomorrow, all 4 commits expected to sign this week

Izzo reportedly is very confident that Josh Jackson will also be signing with MSU in the Spring.

Nice article about Trice talking about Miles Bridges in the papers today, basically says he's already NBA ready and was the best player in the gym when playing against current Spartans.

Izzo reportedly is very confident that Josh Jackson will also be signing with MSU in the Spring.

Nice article about Trice talking about Miles Bridges in the papers today, basically says he's already NBA ready and was the best player in the gym when playing against current Spartans.

it's funny how langford is the 5 star that nobody is talking about, this team will be loaded with talent with or without Jackson

it's funny how langford is the 5 star that nobody is talking about, this team will be loaded with talent with or without Jackson

Yeah, and Langford might be underrated, he was a top 5 player for a while and then missed some AAU time with a minor injury and fell to 15-20. He's a potential 1 and done talent too.

2016-17 rotation:
C-Davis
PF-Bridges
SF-Jackson
SG-Langford
PC-Nairns
Bench- Schilling, Ward, McQuaid, Winston, Clark, Harris, Bess, Ahrens, Goins (Walk on)

Yeah, and Langford might be underrated, he was a top 5 player for a while and then missed some AAU time with a minor injury and fell to 15-20. He's a potential 1 and done talent too.

2016-17 rotation:
C-Davis
PF-Bridges
SF-Jackson
SG-Langford
PC-Nairns
Bench- Schilling, Ward, McQuaid, Winston, Clark, Harris, Bess, Ahrens, Goins (Walk on)

Alvin ellis Iowa state

Josh Jackson has announced a final 2, MSU and Zona.

If we have an opening hes on. What the hell are we going to do about a scholarship? just hold out until the end of the season and izzo has time to ship someone off?? He wont do that though, he never has. I was thinking ellis would have found a new team this year....

Sucks

Last edited:
If we have an opening hes on. What the hell are we going to do about a scholarship? just hold out until the end of the season and izzo has time to ship someone off?? He wont do that though, he never has. I was thinking ellis would have found a new team this year....

Sucks

I'll never understand why fans worry one second about scholarships. Izzo is actively recruiting Jackson, he already knows where the scholarship will come from, there is nothing for a fan to worry about in that regard.

Josh Jackson was at the MSU game tonight. He is taking his last official visit to MSU in another 5 weeks.

Last edited:
he told Rico Beard that he's down to 2, Arizona and MSU

Sucks

I would say there's still plenty of time for something to work itself out there. Davis could go pro (possible, but I think more likely he sticks around for a second year, hopefully) and any number of possibilities for transfers. If anything materializes there it would be known by the time Jackson has to make his decision.

I would say there's still plenty of time for something to work itself out there. Davis could go pro (possible, but I think more likely he sticks around for a second year, hopefully) and any number of possibilities for transfers. If anything materializes there it would be known by the time Jackson has to make his decision.

we could always have Jackson come in as a walk on and he pays his own way. i know it's crazy but Andre Drummond did the same thing at Uconn when they were over on scholarships, they brought in one more in their class and didn't lose anyone

Ive had the thought of Davis going pro but id hate to see that. Fact is if there isnt space by X date hes going to Arizona. Im SURE he wants to be GREEN but the scholarship thing is a bit of an issue. I just have to assume Izzo was visiting him and probably discussing that with him. Hope there is a plan.

Ive had the thought of Davis going pro but id hate to see that. Fact is if there isnt space by X date hes going to Arizona. Im SURE he wants to be GREEN but the scholarship thing is a bit of an issue. I just have to assume Izzo was visiting him and probably discussing that with him. Hope there is a plan.

One would think a transfer is preferable. We keep saying Ellis, but who knows, maybe he wouldn't want to sit out a year just to then go play somewhere else for 1 yr. Clark, Bess, Ahrens maybe. I don't know.

Is Goins still a walk-on or did they award him a scholarship this year?

Not to overstate it, but if Davis stays and Jackson comes that might not even be fair.

Last edited:
One would think a transfer is preferable. We keep saying Ellis, but who knows, maybe he wouldn't want to sit out a year just to then go play somewhere else for 1 yr. Clark, Bess, Ahrens maybe. I don't know.

Is Goins still a walk-on or did they award him a scholarship this year?

Not to overstate it, but if Davis stays and Jackson comes that might not even be fair.

Its about time we had a class that "isnt fair" I said that myself. I think it was Spartanmack or maybe you that said "this is the type of class people become suspicious of". I really hope we find a way to bring him on Im ready to end this Final Four and done every other year bit.

Its about time we had a class that "isnt fair" I said that myself. I think it was Spartanmack or maybe you that said "this is the type of class people become suspicious of". I really hope we find a way to bring him on Im ready to end this Final Four and done every other year bit.

Even if Jackson comes aboard the one thing the freshman class lacks is a dominant big man (yes I know Ward is ranked in the top 50 and seems to be rising, but am guessing he'd take a bit of time to develop). Certainly Schilling will be valuable but if we keep Davis who it seems some think might be a first round pick right now and would probably be near or in the lottery with another year of seasoning along with all that wing talent coming in. Yikes.

But if Davis left, then it might be more like they're just another really good team that's in the mix, especially considering the hauls Duke and Kentucky also have for next year.

Last edited:
Even if Jackson comes aboard the one thing the freshman class lacks is a dominant big man (yes I know Ward is ranked in the top 50 and seems to be rising, but am guessing he'd take a bit of time to develop). Certainly Schilling will be valuable but if we keep Davis who it seems some think might be a first round pick right now and would probably be near or in the lottery with another year of seasoning along with all that wing talent coming in. Yikes.

But if Davis left, then it might be more like they're just another really good team that's in the mix, especially considering the hauls Duke and Kentucky also have for next year.

Davis is a key component for next year. I really hope he stays another year he isnt NBA ready quite yet. Ideally he stays 3 years or 4 like Payne (not likely) but Davis is off to a better start than Payne was. Love his game. That put back was a mammoth play towards the end of the game last night.

I've heard quotes where davis said that he wants to stay at least two, he's a painfully shy kid and most likely ill prepared for NBA life. in interviews he barely speaks, very quiet, needs to grow up a little bit. I'd just want him to be a part of next years team.

Where is anyone seeing Davis considered a first round pick? He's young, tall and athletic, but he's nowhere near a finished product yet and is not dropping big numbers every game. Neither ESPN not draftexpress have him even in the top 60 for prospects. Why would he even be considering going pro right now?

Last edited:
Where is anyone seeing Davis considered a first round pick? He's young, tall and athletic, but he's nowhere near a finished product yet and is not dropping big numbers every game. Neither ESPN not draftexpress have him even in the top 60 for prospects. Why would he even be considering going pro right now?

I believe a few weeks ago it was mentioned. Hes going to be ready after 3 id think. You have to think when he and Izzo met they discussed the scholly situation. If Izzo didnt have a plan we wouldnt be in his top 2. I thik Az is the fallback if hes unable to free something up. goins, bess, clark or ellis have to go next year.

Last edited:
He was #20 on NBAdraft.net

Back