Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

Good news. Kid looks really good on tape. Might be the most explosive guard I've seen come to MSU. His step back 3's are impressive too

Good news. Kid looks really good on tape. Might be the most explosive guard I've seen come to MSU. His step back 3's are impressive too

I see Keith Appling but with a better shot. He can really shoot and his form is perfect and effortless. Really good pure scorer and a good ball handler.

Other people have compared him to Gary Harris. If he can defend half as good as Harris did as a freshman he's going to get a ton of minutes from Izzo.

Watts is listed at 6-3, 180, but I'm guessing he's closer to 190, but might not be 6-3. He's got really wide shoulders and is very strong.

Last edited:
Marquette PF Joey Hauser is expected to transfer to MSU. Huge pickup. Unless he gets a waiver he?ll have to sit a year. He?ll have 3 years of eligibility.

6-9, 230lbs. 9.7 points 5.3 boards 2.4 assists while hitting 44.7% of his threes as a freshman last season. Well rounded stretch 4.

Last edited:
Marquette PF Joey Hauser is expected to transfer to MSU. Huge pickup. Unless he gets a waiver he?ll have to sit a year. He?ll have 3 years of eligibility.

6-9, 230lbs. 9.7 points 5.3 boards 2.4 assists while hitting 44.7% of his threes as a freshman last season. Well rounded stretch 4.

3 years if he gets the waiver. no waiver and it's 2 years of eligibility, but 3 years of scholarship which I don't think is that big of an issue this year.

3 years if he gets the waiver. no waiver and it's 2 years of eligibility, but 3 years of scholarship which I don't think is that big of an issue this year.

Weird situation. He graduated early and enrolled at Marquette early so he could train and see the team trainers for an ankle injury. He was never going to play for them that year. Then he was a freshman the year after and played. So his waiver will be a formality if he asks for it IMO.

6-10, 230 lb center Mady Sissoko commits. Fantastic pickup and a good fit. Really humble kid. #36 player in the country.

He’s an excellent rebounder with a high motor who can get up and down the court. He’s a true center with a 7-4” wingspan. He’ll be a rim protector, defender, and rebounder right away. Physically he’s already a chiseled specimen and great athlete. Skills wise he’s raw. Floor is college starter, ceiling is NBA starter.

Gershon wrote the following in his evaluation of Sissoko: “Athletic big man with good size and very long arms. Chiseled frame with wide shoulders and should be able to add plenty of strength. Explosive athlete for his size. Big-time motor and plays hard every time out. Could be a high level rim protector given his physical tools and instincts. Rebounds very well on both ends. At his best on the offensive glass and in transition, although skill has improved. Decent hands and feet but both could improve. Development of offensive skill will be key. NBA upside but floor is high-major starter.”

what are the insiders saying about Isaiah Jackson? How is it that michigan hasn't offered him or even recruited him (at least according to Rivals)? Crystal Ball says 100% MSU but the only official visit on his Rivals page was to Kentucky so my crystal ball says he's going there, or dook.

Jackson not coming the MSU, not sure we’re recruiting him anymore. You know the drill.

Weird situation. He graduated early and enrolled at Marquette early so he could train and see the team trainers for an ankle injury. He was never going to play for them that year. Then he was a freshman the year after and played. So his waiver will be a formality if he asks for it IMO.

NCAA denies Hauser's waiver request, MSU appealing. We're not an ncaa darling like dook or KY or KU or even uofm - chances are the kid will have to sit.

4 star, top 50 recruit PG Jalen Terry decommits, books visit to LSU this weekend.

That happened a few weeks ago. Right after AJ Hoggard committed to us. Either he was upset we got another pg commitment or we went after Hoggard because Terry was second guessing. Who knows?

This is the first I heard about it, but I don't follow this stuff that closely - internet says he decommitted a week ago on the 14th, about a month after hoggard signed.

More importantly, it looks like terry is actually ranked higher but I'll take the slightly lower ranked 6'2" guy with an extra 35lbs over another sub 6' PG. Maybe Terry will turn out to be a big miss - he seems like more of a scorer than guys like Nairn, but I'm over these 5'10" PGs.

Last edited:
It was a week after. Hoggard committed on the 6th of this month. I'm a fan of bigger pgs as well. I dont really know much about either of them tho.

yeah, I don't know where I got hoggard committing a month ago and while Terry's decommit was last week, I didn't see anything about it until today when my news feed had a headline about him taking an official visit to LSU. also, I misspoke about hoggard signing - he is just a verbal commit at this point.

Last edited:
247 national basketball recruiting experts Jerry Meyer and Brian Snow along with DePaul recruiting expert Steve Newhouse all just put their crystal ballz in for Max Christie to MSU,each with high confidence.

Christie is a 5 star SG and #13 player in the nation for 2021. Might be happening tomorrow.

6-6, 165 lb sharp shooter from Rolling Heights IL. Kid can shoot and is a complete player, if he adds enough muscle he's a 1 and done. For a kid to be that thin and still be a top 15 player means he can really play.

Last edited:
Rumor is a 1pm announcement from Christie today, all of the 247 Crystal Balls have now been moved to MSU. All of the Rivals forecasts from experts are now on MSU too. A lot of movement today, must have been leaked to the recruiting experts who probably have stories written already.

Back