Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Originally Posted by johnny2x2x
Could be a wild couple days. I guess we'll know everything in about 48 hours.

Michael Onwenu might be trending toward MSU, still think it's less than 50%, but there are people who think he really didn't like the way Harbaugh did some of the decommits and he is fliping to MSU.

Nope

Hill worked out with his brother at UM this weekend, but wore all MSU gear to school today. Who knows.

Great trolling by Hill ...

Austen Robertson is an MSU lock, has not wavered, but he is dealing with off the field issues and probably won't sign his LOI until a week or 2 after signing day.

That's an understatement ...and offer likely pulled

Prince Sammons had a good visit to Auburn, they are a threat, but I still think he ends up in Green.

Nope.

Dioubate is still a possibility if hew doesn't stay home at Temple.

*thud*

*thud*

[/I]

You can't win in October but you guys certainly win in February.

Hill and Harbaugh deserve each other, I know he's a good player but I could tell from that lame trolling attempt that he loves the attention. I'm not saying that he wouldn't fit in at MSU with our culture but it seems like he's better suited for AA. Onwenu too, what guy has two hat dances to pick the same school? Perfect for Michigan.

Sammons was bought, he committed to the staff sunday night after his auburn visit.

As for Robertson, let his situation work itself out, I trust MD's judgement on that one. He's a hell of a player with big boy offers but that doesn't give him a pass for getting in trouble.

And he has trouble with the snap, and the ball is free, it's picked up by Michigan State's Jalen Watts-Jackson, and he scoooores on the last play of the game!!!! Unbelievable!!!

Thud!

:lmao:

"we will win next year, we will win next year, we will win next year" STATISTICALLY, YEAH IF YOU SAY THAT EVERY YEAR YOU WILL EVENTUALLY WIN. Sounds like the fucking chicago cubs. :zzz:

FYI Auston Robertson has a hearing today, we should get a better idea on what the future holds for him after that. He might sign with MSU, he might start taking visits elsewhere. I'm trusting MD on this one, he knows the kid and situation better than any of us.

Matt Allen won the class 2A Illinois wresting state title at 285 today. Josh King won the class 3A state title at 285 today.

King is a total physical freak, he might be bigger than Malik McDowell. Longest arms and biggest hands of any player I can remember us bringing in.

Last edited:
I posted this bit about Rashan Gary being dumber than a box of rocks and may have a hard time staying eligible over on the michigan board and I'm sure it's going to start a shit storm from some of the idiots over there, while others will take it for what it is...

There could end up being some truth to this - it may be very hard to keep him eligible. I was having drinks with a friend whose brother is a defensive coordinator in the B1G (not uofm or MSU) and he told me they recruited Gary pretty hard but they had major concerns about keeping him eligible because apparently, he's dumber than a post. He said one of, not the only, but one of the reasons uofm won out was because they have a degree program that doesn't require any math or science. He said his mom has basically done all of his homework for him to keep him eligible throughout high school and was very concerned about him staying eligible in college. It seemed odd that if he had academic concerns that he'd pick uofm but turd has a degree from there so how hard can it be?

I don't care to turn this into a uofm vs MSU bitch-fest, I don't care that Rashan Gary is going to michigan and I'm not trying to rub anything in anyone's face - I'm sharing information I was given by what I consider to be a credible source.

I don't doubt it. I actually went to high school with a kid whose mom did all his homework for and he would hardly pass all the tests, but because in high school so much weight (in terms of your grade) is put on homework he was able to attend college where he flunked out within the first semester.

I wish him the best. If you're that talented you know damn well you don't care about going to class and getting good grades. It's NFL or nothing for those guys. The term student athlete is a complete joke. It's all about staying above that eligibility line which is all thanks to tutors. College athletes wouldn't sniff a college campus if it was all about academics, but that's a whole different story.

I don't doubt it. I actually went to high school with a kid whose mom did all his homework for and he would hardly pass all the tests, but because in high school so much weight (in terms of your grade) is put on homework he was able to attend college where he flunked out within the first semester.

I wish him the best. If you're that talented you know damn well you don't care about going to class and getting good grades. It's NFL or nothing for those guys. The term student athlete is a complete joke. It's all about staying above that eligibility line which is all thanks to tutors. College athletes wouldn't sniff a college campus if it was all about academics, but that's a whole different story.

They've tried to paint it like Gary is a good student. But who knows, trust me, to stay academically eligible for Michigan Football you literally barely need to be able to read. It's historically worse academically than any SEC school for Football. And they're all in with Gary, they likely paid $hundreds of thousands for his services, they aren't going to let a pesky thing like being literate effect their investment. When Rashan Gary shows up for exams, he's likely to be a 5-9, 170 lb nerdy kid.

This kid's recruitment is rumored to be among the dirtiest in college football history. Kid took like 30 visits all over the country, who paid for that? One things for sure, I don't blame him or his parents for getting paid, Harbaugh will throw him away like a used Kleenex the second he gets hurt or is it no use to him anymore. Why not make sure you get something?

Keeping him eligible sounds silly just on the service. Unless there is plagiarism involved, its a cinch to fake homework. And if classes are heavy in writing and self-dicovery, he could easily pass just by turning in quality homework. Even if the teachers aren't "in on it" to begin with, they aren't going to set of alarms of impropriety without proof (proof which could be impossible to actually find). And teachers are smart people too, they know that trying to attack a super recruit like Rashan is just as likely to end up with their own name and reputation smeared by the University.

The University will do everything in it's power to "help" these kids stay eligible. As long as Rashan has the basic presence of mind to turn in the homework he's handed, to show up to the classes as required, and not go out of his way to say something incriminating, there's just no way he'll lose eligibility. Pushing athletes through fake (or useless, as they can't be truly fake these days) degrees is institutional at this point. It's not just a UM or SEC thing, it's an everywhere thing.

Last edited:
Keeping him eligible sounds silly just on the service. Unless there is plagiarism involved, its a cinch to fake homework. And if classes are heavy in writing and self-dicovery, he could easily pass just by turning in quality homework. Even if the teachers aren't "in on it" to begin with, they aren't going to set of alarms of impropriety without proof (proof which could be impossible to actually find). And teachers are smart people too, they know that trying to attack a super recruit like Rashan is just as likely to end up with their own name and reputation smeared by the University.

The University will do everything in it's power to "help" these kids stay eligible. As long as Rashan has the basic presence of mind to turn in the homework he's handed, to show up to the classes as required, and not go out of his way to say something incriminating, there's just on way he'll lose eligibility. Pushing athletes through fake (or useless, as they can't be truly fake these days) degrees is institutional at this point. It's not just a UM or SEC thing, it's an everywhere thing.

80 of UM's 105 players last season had undeclared or General Studies majors. They know what they're doing. These kids aren't there to get an education. Even if they were capable and wanted to take real classes, the staff wouldn't let them. That's business as usual and the NCAA couldn't care less.

UM will be investigated by the NCAA sooner or later, they're the dirtiest program in the country by a mile now, but by the time sanctions or handed down they'll have made a ton of money from cheating and Harbaugh will be coaching in the NFL.

half of the guys in ncaa D1 football would struggle if it wasnt for administration helping them out. Gary will be fine if he just gets his foot on campus.

80 of UM's 105 players last season had undeclared or General Studies majors. They know what they're doing. These kids aren't there to get an education. Even if they were capable and wanted to take real classes, the staff wouldn't let them. That's business as usual and the NCAA couldn't care less.

UM will be investigated by the NCAA sooner or later, they're the dirtiest program in the country by a mile now, but by the time sanctions or handed down they'll have made a ton of money from cheating and Harbaugh will be coaching in the NFL.

I have zero faith in the NCAA. Disregarding the fact that the NCAA itself has a financial interest in NOT messing with name programs, I feel like the NCAA is both inept and apathetic. Unless the media is investigating and breaking the story for them, the NCAA doesn't seem to do a damn thing on its own. So unless UM does something both dangerous AND blatant, I don't see why the NCAA would investigate them. And for that matter, I don't see why the NCAA would find anything unless UM (or any program, I don't think UM is dirtier than others) really gets sloppy.

I posted this bit about Rashan Gary being dumber than a box of rocks and may have a hard time staying eligible over on the michigan board and I'm sure it's going to start a shit storm from some of the idiots over there, while others will take it for what it is...

sure enough, half a dozen of them went bat shit crazy when they heard someone say their prized recruit may not be the perfect human. Funny thing is, if Gary had chosen Clemson or the Buckeyes, I bet every one of them would say there was a 99% probability the story was true. The cult of Rashan - pretty entertaining stuff.

Last edited:
I have zero faith in the NCAA. Disregarding the fact that the NCAA itself has a financial interest in NOT messing with name programs, I feel like the NCAA is both inept and apathetic. Unless the media is investigating and breaking the story for them, the NCAA doesn't seem to do a damn thing on its own. So unless UM does something both dangerous AND blatant, I don't see why the NCAA would investigate them. And for that matter, I don't see why the NCAA would find anything unless UM (or any program, I don't think UM is dirtier than others) really gets sloppy.

The NCAA is already feeling pressure from the entire SEC to do something about Michigan. Considering UM is now dirtier than the entire SEC combined, you'll have an investigation, might take a year or two, but it will come. The NCAA has winked and looked the other way when SEC teams stuck their two over the line in the sand, well UM jumped completely over the line and is doing snow angels in that sand whom lighting off bottle rockets, they are daring the NCAA to do something.

2017 has its first commit, 3 star Walled Lake WR, Cody White. 6-3, 190. Offers from Iowa, Nw, Wisky, IU, Minny and others. Great student athlete also has offers from Duke and Yale.

I think the biggest "recruit" just got cleared to play. Vayante Copeland. He will be a first rounder in two years.

Back