Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

2014 QB Colar Kuhns committed today. His folks have money so he's walking on and turning down a full ride to Ivy league Cornell. Could be a find, only a 2 star, but he has a nice arm, just needs to work on fundamentals.

2014 QB Colar Kuhns committed today. His folks have money so he's walking on and turning down a full ride to Ivy league Cornell. Could be a find, only a 2 star, but he has a nice arm, just needs to work on fundamentals.

yawn. what's his full ride to Cornell for?

That's a goood thing, well have a little depth to make up for durkin and we'll still go after other qbs. No risk move

2015 QB Brian Lewerke committed to MSU today. Offers from Florida, AZ, ASU, Ole Miss, UCLA, Louisville. We're taking 2 QBs in the class. Not sure who the other will be.

lewerke is the #11 pro style QB and a 4 star recruit according to Rivals.

Last edited:
That Rose Bowl probably already paying off on our recruiting. Not often we get a guy from Arizona, not to mention a very good QB recruit.

Now hearing that MSU is only taking 1 QB for the 2015 class. Lewerke was the #1 rated QB on our board.

Jayru Campbell visiting CMU today. Might be a better fit. Dantonio probably talked to Enos, even though Campbell screwed up bad i knew Dantonio was never going to turn his back on a troubled kid.

Jayru Campbell visiting CMU today. Might be a better fit. Dantonio probably talked to Enos, even though Campbell screwed up bad i knew Dantonio was never going to turn his back on a troubled kid.

Rivals no longer lists Jayru as an MSU commit. Changed over the weekend it would appear.

Where ever Jayru goes, I just hope he gets his life in order because he surely has a ton of talent and I'd like to see that talent take him to great places. Good luck to the kid.

Rivals no longer lists Jayru as an MSU commit. Changed over the weekend it would appear.

Same thing with Scout. Of course MSU is not allowed to comment on a recruit in any way, so it's not like they could even say his offer was revoked much less comment on the incident. Several radio and paper guys were screaminig that it was ridiculous that MD or another staff memeber did not comment on Jayru's situation, when they knew full well that it would be an NCAA violation for them to do so.

This works out good for us, Lewerke is the QB we wanted most in this class, we like him better than Campbell even if Campbell had no off the field issues. It's possible Lewerke would not have committed had Campbell still been in the class.

Last year Michael O'Conner was the #1 guy in our class and he was close to committing until someone took his spot. That guy then decommitted and it screwed us. Nice to see this work out in our favor.

Rivals still shows him as a solid verbal as does 247. I'm not sure Scout ever had him as a commit - according to them he has medium interest in MSU but hasn't received an offer. Doesn't look like Scout has updated their "Schools of Interest" for Jayru in almost a year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jayru-Campbell-131430

http://247sports.com/Player/Jayru-Campbell-14952

he had a visit to CMU and has an offer for them, the writing is on the wall. wish him the best but he's not going to play football for MSU

Same thing with Scout. Of course MSU is not allowed to comment on a recruit in any way, so it's not like they could even say his offer was revoked much less comment on the incident. Several radio and paper guys were screaminig that it was ridiculous that MD or another staff memeber did not comment on Jayru's situation, when they knew full well that it would be an NCAA violation for them to do so.

This works out good for us, Lewerke is the QB we wanted most in this class, we like him better than Campbell even if Campbell had no off the field issues. It's possible Lewerke would not have committed had Campbell still been in the class.

Last year Michael O'Conner was the #1 guy in our class and he was close to committing until someone took his spot. That guy then decommitted and it screwed us. Nice to see this work out in our favor.

Sorry, it was Scout that changed his status over the weekend. Not Rivals.

Where ever Jayru goes, I just hope he gets his life in order because he surely has a ton of talent and I'd like to see that talent take him to great places. Good luck to the kid.

Jayru tweeted he hopes you fail in life, and that you have no talent. Does that change your opinion of him?

@AllenTrieu: After today's visit to #MichiganState, DE Jashon Cornell says the Spartans are #1 on his list:

Yes please. Apparently Cornell enjoyed his visit. I know that Will Gholston is someone he looked up to, maybe Gholston was on campus. Was a good game in front of a good crowd and there were a mess of Spartans now in the NFL on hand. Couldn't have hurt to have 5 time NFL Pro Bowler Flozell Adams donating $1.5 Million to the North Endzone expansion before hand.

They were also to show the recruits the new locker rooms and recruiting area that are almost done. Weather cooperated too. We had most of our top targets on hand for an amazing weekend and event. Still building.

Cornell had to be impressed with the DEs we have. He could be great here and he knows it.

“I noticed that defense is all world and I see myself playing in that defense in the future,” Cornell said.

Last edited:
I'd expect one or two commits this weekend

4 star Ohio RBs Larry Scott and Darrin Hall were also on hand and said some good things, I think we'll land 1 of the 2 and Mike Weber.

Cincinnati Moeller 4 Star DT loved his visit. Has a top 4 of MSU, OSU, ND, and TN, deciding in late May early June. Plan A guy and we have a good chance with him.

Brian Cole and his whole family also were at the game, Blackwell is the key, he's basically part if the Cole family having known and coached him for so long. Very tight with his folks.

6-7, 295 lb Ohio OT Noah Listerman is on commit watch, could happen in the next couple days.

Man, we have some momentum, it's a shame this class is going to small, we could really load this class up if we had 25 spots.

Last edited:
Back