Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NBA Finals Boston verses Golden State

biggunsbob

NBA Finals preview best record gets home court advantage.

#2 Boston (51-31) verses #3 Golden State (53-29)
Boston is (23-18)Away????.Golden st. (31-10) Home
Boston is (28-13)Home??.?.Golden st?(21-19) Away

Boston (12-6) in the playoffs?????????..Golden State (12-4)in the playoffs.
Round one (4-0) over New Jersey???Round one (4-1) over Denver.
Round two (4-3) over Milwaukee???..Round Two (4-2) over Memphis.
Semifinals (4-3) over Miami??????.Semifinals?(4-1) over Dallas.

Schedule
Game 1: Thursday?June 2??Boston 120 Golden State 108 Final
Game 2: Sunday?..June 5??Golden State 107 Boston 88 Final.
Game 3: Wed???.June 8??Boston 116 Golden State 100 Final.
Game 4: Friday?..June 10?..Golden State 107 Boston 97 Final.
Game 5: Monday.. June 13?.Golden State 104 Boston 94 Final
Game 6: Thursday.June 16?.Golden State 103 Boston 90 Final
Warriors win NBA Finals 4-2

Last edited:
I think Boston plays a tad better defense and should have a height advantage but that has never bothered Golden state who should be rested. They also may be getting some guys back. I will be rooting for them. I Never would root for Boston.

Miami cut lead to 2 with 16 left and the ball and Jimmy Butler rushed a 3 he didn't need to try.

I think Boston plays a tad better defense and should have a height advantage but that has never bothered Golden state who should be rested. They also may be getting some guys back. I will be rooting for them. I Never would root for Boston.

Bob your dislike of the Celtics is almost as strong as my dislike of the pistons bad boys laimbeer, mahorn, and rodman who should have been called dirty f'n bastards!!!
But you might get your wish because the NBA and the refs hate the Celtics more than any other Basketball team.

As much as I hate the NBA, I couldn?t help but hearing the result of the Eastern conference championship game.

So no one will be able to use Draymond Green?s projection of the outcome of that series as locker room motivation.

That guy is such an idiot.

What college did he go to again?

Bob your dislike of the Celtics is almost as strong as my dislike of the pistons bad boys laimbeer, mahorn, and rodman who should have been called dirty f'n bastards!!!
But you might get your wish because the NBA and the refs hate the Celtics more than any other Basketball team.

You sure about that ? Boston?s first foul in the 4th quarter against Miami was called until late in the quarter. And sadly Boston and LA played just as dirty and hard as the Piston?s in the late 80?s. Phantom foul on bill against The Lakers cost Detroit a three peat !

The Pistons talked about being the "Bad Boys." But the Celtics weren't any different. McHale, Parrish and Bird hit you as much as anyone.

Just can?t stand the Celtics !

Last edited:
Sadly for warriors fans putting in Andre, Poole, and that other guy late 3rd early 4th was stupid by Kerr. His team was up 12-15 stretch that lineup just couldn?t score. See if they can regroup. I am not sure they can. So far 31-11 Boston in the 4th. 3 minutes to go. Nothing worse then seeing the Lakers or Celtics host a nba trophy up. Celtics 9-12 from three in the 4th. They shoot like this sadly this series is over.

Last edited:
With 1:40 left in the third the Warriors was up 87-72. Then 14 then 92-80 end if the third quarter. Kerr had had some of his 2nd unit guys start the 4th and they were blitzed in a hurry and had no response. Out scored 40-16 at home I?m the 4th is hard to overcome. Originally I thought the series may go 6 or 7. Don?t think so anymore.

Celtics set some kind of NBA Finals round record by a team down double digits at the end of the third quarter and win the game by double digits.
Happy for Al Horford his first finals after a long career and had a great first game. Tatum also set some record for assists by a player his first finals game.
#GoCeltics

35-14 third quarter dooms Boston in game 2. Series shifts to Boston for games 3 and 4.

Curry a complete no show in game 3. Late second quarter. Boston has worked the future hofer, and he looks disinterested. It?s 56-39.Fast 8-0 warriors run (in .37 seconds) cuts into the lead. Boston weathers the run and builds lead back up.Boston up 68-56 at half. Not much defense being played. Lol. Just like that. Curry has 20 points. They still trail double digits. Do not think the 3rd quarter will help the Warriors tonight. They just are not playing good in my opinion. Lol. Just like that warriors lead by 1 at the 3:34 mark of the third. Horford was killing the Celtics. Boston back up a pair with the ball.
It?s weird a lot of offense sets are just throwaway shots for the warriors it seem. Hard to explain. Maybe it?s about taking a lot of shots. Idk.
Warriors 33-25 in the third to cut the lead to 4 points. 93-89. They did take a lead in the third but Boston took it right back.
I know Klay may need a breather but Green shouldn?t be playing tonight. He is killing the warriors.

Kerr?s 4th quarter lineup just like game one is killing any chance the warriors may have had. Lead back up to 11. Losing that huge lead in game one still may be the deciding difference in this series maybe. 5:51 left 107-96. Boston . Green is killing the warriors and Tatum is taking over. Plus the boards. Warriors getting crushed on the glass.Looks like Curry was hurt in the scrum in which a foul was called on the warriors. Klay finally shows up and Green is a no show. Boston will go up 2-1 after tonight and hold serve in game three. As the Celtics inch closer to yet another title.

In my opinion Kerr?s start of the 4th quarter line ups have cost them game 1 and cost them any chance of coming back tonight. Green should been benched. He was a complete waste of space on the court. Especially the start of the 4th when they still had a shot tonight.

Last edited:
In my opinion Kerr?s start of the 4th quarter line ups have cost them game 1 and cost them any chance of coming back tonight. Green should been benched. He was a complete waste of space on the court. Especially the start of the 4th when they still had a shot tonight.

I was listening to some show on XM radio this AM and I think it was Chris Brousard and he said Green is a HOF player. WTF?? He might be the most overrated player in the NBA.

I was hearing news report that there was some bullshit about the height of the basket being wrong for the Warriors during warm-ups or something.

I was listening to some show on XM radio this AM and I think it was Chris Brousard and he said Green is a HOF player. WTF?? He might be the most overrated player in the NBA.

I have heard other radio guys say he is also. Zach Geld last night on cbs sports radio. . I think Green is close but we shall have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Back