Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Golf Tour

Caveman vs Dictatorship.

not sure which entity is the dictatorship. The PGA tour is banning anyone who plays in the LIV tour. There are probably some guys playing in the LIV that weren't even invited to play in the Canadian Open this weekend.

On a side note...ESPN isn't even reporting the scores from the LIV tournament that is currently underway. I wonder if the PGA had anything to do with it??

not sure which entity is the dictatorship. The PGA tour is banning anyone who plays in the LIV tour. There are probably some guys playing in the LIV that weren't even invited to play in the Canadian Open this weekend.

On a side note...ESPN isn't even reporting the scores from the LIV tournament that is currently underway. I wonder if the PGA had anything to do with it??

ESPN, well ESPN+ has lots of PGA tour golf every week so possible. You're first statement I don't think the PGA tour ever cut some ones head off with a bone saw.

Are there any LIV stops in the US? I think the first event is in the UK and a lot are in the middle east. I'd check it out but it's kinda hard with a 5 hour or bigger time difference.

ESPN, well ESPN+ has lots of PGA tour golf every week so possible. You're first statement I don't think the PGA tour ever cut some ones head off with a bone saw.

Would it change your mind if you knew they used a big sword and made swift work of it? It's definitely still inhumane but it's a lot less inhumane than using a bone saw.

Last edited:

Thing is with the US Open only a few of the LIV guys an play. They won't have ways to get a spot because they're suspended. As far as "The PGA Tour will no longer be able to say it boasts the biggest purses and all the best players on a weekly basis."

Not sure you can say that. LIV has DJ and then way past prime, never had a prime - never a chance type players. The RBC Canadian Open vs LIV this past weekend, not even in the same stratosphere as far as players. Coming into LIV, DeChamp and Reed (Lol).

The one thing I wonder, if the ones who signed up for LIV can miss a tournament if something personal comes up. I remember when Phil missed a Major once because his daughter was have a graduation. Will he be able to skip a play being paying 200+m?

I think any of them could play in the US Open if they played in the qualifiers...but those are over, so for this year, that isn't an option.

It looks like 13 of the LIV guys can play in the US open.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/gallery/us-open-2022-liv-golfers-phil-mickelson-dustin-johnson

13 of 48. It'll keep getting smaller with the suspensions. I also don't think the other Major have made up their minds about what to do. Especially because of sponsorships that might pull out.. At least Phil was able to pay off his gambling debt.

13 of 48. It'll keep getting smaller with the suspensions. I also don't think the other Major have made up their minds about what to do. Especially because of sponsorships that might pull out.. At least Phil was able to pay off his gambling debt.

I don't think the PGA has any say in the Masters, the US open, or the British Open. The only one that the PGA has any say is the PGA championship, and my guess is none of them will be able to play in that event.

I don't think the PGA has any say in the Masters, the US open, or the British Open. The only one that the PGA has any say is the PGA championship, and my guess is none of them will be able to play in that event.

Thy don't even the PGA championship (I think but you might be right). I meant the other majors haven't said one way or the other if they can play, yet. Only the US Open.

Last edited:
I read something about the Open (British) and they haven't made an opinion yet but further it says ..

However, the R&A did decide in December not to grant a spot in the Open to the winner of the Asian Tour's Order of Merit. That move came just a few months after the LIV group announced a multimillion dollar investment in the Asian Tour.

To compete in the PGA Championship, golfers must be part of a recognized tour. At this year's tournament at Southern Hills in Tulsa, Oklahoma, last month PGA of America CEO Seth Waugh questioned whether the LIV setup qualified.

?We think the structure of ? I don't know if it's a league, it's not a league at this point ? but the league structure is somewhat flawed,? he said.

Back