Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Golf Tour

Of the ones who played in LIV who played in US OPEN, 11 of 13 missed cut. This doesn't take into account DeChambeau and Reed who say they're joining LIV.

Of the ones who played in LIV who played in US OPEN, 11 of 13 missed cut. This doesn't take into account DeChambeau and Reed who say they're joining LIV.

kind of validates their decision to join the LIV. Even last place in an LIV event gets over $120K

kind of validates their decision to join the LIV. Even last place in an LIV event gets over $120K

It validates that money was their sole reason not some bogus excuse that Phil puts out. Btw, Fitzpatrick just got his first win, at the US Open, winning over 3m. That's good golf.

Okay, I guess I haven?t been playing that close attention. I thought anyone who played on the LIV was ineligible to participate in PGA, at the edict of the PGA.

So how 13 be in the US Open?

What am I missing?

Okay, I guess I haven?t been playing that close attention. I thought anyone who played on the LIV was ineligible to participate in PGA, at the edict of the PGA.

So how 13 be in the US Open?

What am I missing?

The US open is run by the USGA which has noting to do with the PGA.

The US open is run by the USGA which has noting to do with the PGA.

Oh.

So I guess Mickelson could have tried to win the only major championship he?s never won, LIV or no LIV.

Why didn?t he enter?

Or did he?

EDIT: Also what is the color of the jacket they get when they win the US Open?

Nobody really pays much attention to the color of the jacket except for the ugly ass green jacket that never fits when they win at Augusta national.

Last edited:
Oh.

So I guess Mickelson could have tried to win the only major championship he?s never won, LIV or no LIV.

Why didn?t he enter?

Or did he?

EDIT: Also what is the color of the jacket they get when they win the US Open?

Nobody really pays much attention to the color of the jacket except for the ugly ass green jacket that never fits when they win at Augusta national.

He did +11. I suspect the big Master jacket is make sure it fits even the biggest winner.

He did +11. I suspect the big Master jacket is make sure it fits even the biggest winner.

The Masters jackets always look a little tight.

And good to know that Lefty was allowed to compete for the only major championship that he never won. Why would he give a shit about anything else except for money?

What, was it about 10 years ago that he won the British Open, the next to last major championship that he was also already too old to win?

The Masters jackets always look a little tight.

And good to know that Lefty was allowed to compete for the only major championship that he never won. Why would he give a shit about anything else except for money?

What, was it about 10 years ago that he won the British Open, the next to last major championship that he was also already too old to win?

USA Open has said that eventually they could see LIV players not being able to be play. Not guarantee any major going forward would allow them. Too early to say. Plus most of those guys wouldn't be able to play because they'd need to qualify and not being able to play because of suspension they wouldn't have a chance.

Last edited:
USA Open has said that eventually they could see LIV players not being able to be play. Not guarantee any major going forward would allow them. Too early to say. Plus most of those guys wouldn't be able to play because they'd need to quality and not being able to play because of suspension they wouldn't have a chance.

Yeah, okay.

I guess I?d like to see Lefty finally win the US Open.

Or I?d like to see Tiger pass Jack.

Or I?d like to to see a pig tee off, then fly through the air, catch the golf ball in its mouth, fly to the hole and drop the ball in it.

Of course that would all happen in frozen hell.

But my biggest wish in golf would be for the four Jennifers - Anniston, Garner, Lopez and Lawrence - to line up in front of me naked and bid to be the one I would ?tee off? on first.

Aside from those things, I don?t care that much about golf.

USA Open has said that eventually they could see LIV players not being able to be play. Not guarantee any major going forward would allow them. Too early to say. Plus most of those guys wouldn't be able to play because they'd need to qualify and not being able to play because of suspension they wouldn't have a chance.

as long as they have a handicap lower than 1.4, they would always have a chance to play in the US Open since they could play in the qualifiers.

https://www.golflink.com/list_113_rules-qualify-us-golf-open.html

Brooks Koepka is the latest to jump ship. This after he ripped the media last week for putting a black cloud over the US Open by constantly bringing up LIV questions instead of US Open related questions.

Brooks Koepka is the latest to jump ship. This after he ripped the media last week for putting a black cloud over the US Open by constantly bringing up LIV questions instead of US Open related questions.

You could tell he was going based on his answers and the fact his brother is already LIV.

Majors operate independently but I'm pretty sure suspended players who can't play in qualifiers cover the majors. But educated guess thinks LIV won't be allowed to play in future US Opens.

US Open may take away the exemptions of players in LIV, but they won't disallow a player to make the open via local qualifiers. The US Open qualifiers are open to any player with a handicap under 1.4 regardless of status with the PGA

this is so great. The PGA tour commish was ripping on the LIV tour for being an exhibition series because of limited fields and no cuts. After the LIV has one tournament the PGA is deciding to make some changes. They are going to increase purses to $20M for 8 events and create three new events in a global golf series that will include no cuts, limited fields and purses of at least $25 million. :lmao:

Looks like the competition of having the LIV tour is going to help PGA golfers as well.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/i...dule-increase-purses-response-liv-golf-threat

such a weird vibe.

old rich-ish white guys mad at the PGA for... reasons (???) and excited about a new golf tour, sponsored by grotesquely wealthy Arabs, sticking to the other fat cats.

I heard in the fan Patrick show Tiger may have turned down 700 -800 Million.. unconfirmed. .

Back