Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL, Kaepernick, Reid decide to resolve pending grievances

So the NFL caved on something that couldn't be proved.

Which seems to imply it could have been, at least to the reasonable standards of a judge/arbitrator. Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about the kneeling, the NFL giving up on this shows they knew they were going to lose.

Which seems to imply it could have been, at least to the reasonable standards of a judge/arbitrator. Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about the kneeling, the NFL giving up on this shows they knew they were going to lose.

You could say the NFL took a knee on this one.

I always thought Crapernick was about justice not the money.

What's the justice for a person deprived of income? The legal case wasn't about protesting, it was about collusion.

Because that's was he said it was. It's not like he didn't have money to keep going. But I guess the old saying is true "anyone can be bought."

Though I'd be curious how much he got. Also how much does a lawyer take in deals like this?

Because that's was he said it was. It's not like he didn't have money to keep going. But I guess the old saying is true "anyone can be bought."

Though I'd be curious how much he got. Also how much does a lawyer take in deals like this?

I'm pretty sure there is a confidentiality agreement. The league won't say so they don't have to deal with more fallout. Keep can't say it else he'll probably lose some of the money. I'm interested in the lawyer thing too, do they just make a standard hourly rate (still exhorbitant) or do they get some percentage of the settlement?

Also, I'm open to accepting the idea that Kaep said somewhere that the suit itself was about BLM (or whatever his stance was at the time), but I couldn't find anything. I looked, but the only things that came up tied to the grievance is that he felt the league was colluding to keep him unemployed, which isn't the same. Do you know when he said that other part?

Last edited:
Nope. I looked myself and nothing. I heard that Lawyers might take 30% which seems awfully high. Plus taxes. I'd also be curios if he gets a job.

I don't think the writer should be pulling the race card when there are plenty of black QBs in the league. I think it's pretty simple. His mediocre ability + him being a huge distraction is what is keeping him out of the league. He might be better than some other 2nd or 3rd string QBs, but he has created this circus around him.

If Windsor watched the All or Nothing Panther's episode, I wonder how he reacted to the conversation between Rivera (who wanted to bring in Ed Reed, as did David Tepper) and Cam Newton, who was concerned about Reed being a "distraction." Newton wanted him too, but not at the expense of affecting team balance.

Kaepernick is that times a considerable factor.

I agree 100%

this, I don't agree with. He is probably better than a few starters, most 2nd stringers and every third string QB in the league. However, he put his social justice crusade above his career. It was his choice.

He?s free to pursue his social justice crusade and I fully support every NLF for telling him to fkoff

Last edited:
Back