Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 5 Canadiens 4 Shootout Final

Tip your hat to Washington....they gave up only 9 goals in their last 6 games or so I think they said.

Can't say the same for the red wings.
Yup … They locked it down defensively and had great goaltending.

This might just be me trying to sweep my disappointment under the rug, but I'll say again that I think this might almost be a good thing for the franchise overall. I think these players will be so hungry next year after this disappointment and it will make them stronger as a unit I hope. Even if they had made it in this year they would have gotten smoked by the rangers.

We shall see.

Despite Wings final games heroics....Washington won the games they needed to win down the stretch, including here.
Wings need to be more consistent....period to period....that defense hurts whatever progress they make on offense.
Collapsing with Larkin going down probably means they need more depth also.
So do they keep Lalonde?

Despite Wings final games heroics....Washington won the games they needed to win down the stretch, including here.
Wings need to be more consistent....period to period....that defense hurts whatever progress they make on offense.
Collapsing with Larkin going down probably means they need more depth also.
So do they keep Lalonde?
Idk how I feel on the coach. Some like him. I’m not a fan of our defense game. Not sure who’s fault it is. Your coach can win only win a few games but when they lost to Arizona out there in a 4000-5000 seat arena that is mostly Red Wings fans and they completely no showed in a loss 4-0. Then did it again at home not to long after that
4-3 and it wasn’t a close game. We have been bad recently against them. Your coach has to lite a fire in your ass after losing 4-0. Espically to that team. 1 freaking point out of the 4 gets us in.

Last edited:
I think the fan base is back in too. Lots of energy around this town for this team ever since the Lions season ended.

I think the fan base is back in too. Lots of energy around this town for this team ever since the Lions season ended.

Detroit backs winners.

I'm an NBA guy moreso than hockey so no time to support losers.
Fortunately the future seems bright.

Hopefully Cossa or the kid at MSU will turn out to be something. Clearly a need.

I blame the Red Wings' failure to make the playoffs on whomever thought it was a good idea to sponsor with a waste-management company. That person should be terminated.

Back