Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report: Lions and Suh NOT close to a deal

Titus Young 2011. 3rd downfield option. Ebron will play a ton more than a 3rd/4th DT. Mosely did well against the run. Donald could be 4th.

A WR/TE running routes but only getting targeted 5 times a game does not equal a DT that is involved in every play when they are in the game. Apples and oranges.

A WR/TE running routes but only getting targeted 5 times a game does not equal a DT that is involved in every play when they are in the game. Apples and oranges.

Ebron is involved as a matchup nightmare every single play. Way more impact than Donald as a 4th DT.

Ebron is involved as a matchup nightmare every single play. Way more impact than Donald as a 4th DT.

You think he is a match up nightmare. Defensive coaches aren't losing sleep over a 4.6 TE that can't run block. I'm not saying he will suck...but you are expecting WAY too much out of this kid.

You think he is a match up nightmare. Defensive coaches aren't losing sleep over a 4.6 TE that can't run block. I'm not saying he will suck...but you are expecting WAY too much out of this kid.

who is now pushing 270 lbs...with skeptical hands....thought we had one of those on the roster already hmmph.

He plays fast and produces. LBs and safeties will have a very tough time. Nickel CBs will be blocked easily.

And if we are all about the 40 times. Slay and Greenwood are shut down guys then.

He plays fast and produces. LBs and safeties will have a very tough time. Nickel CBs will be blocked easily.

And if we are all about the 40 times. Slay and Greenwood are shut down guys then.

you brought up "Ebron the matchup nightmare!"

His speed is supposed to be what scares defenses...I am just pointing out that his speed is over rated. 4.6 speed is nothing! Vernon Davis ran a 4.3 or something like that.

you brought up "Ebron the matchup nightmare!"

His speed is supposed to be what scares defenses...I am just pointing out that his speed is over rated. 4.6 speed is nothing! Vernon Davis ran a 4.3 or something like that.

His speed, agility and size make him a nightmare. Broke Davis's record. Ebron has teams wetting their pants right now especially with Calvin and Bush on the field too.

His speed, agility and size make him a nightmare. Broke Davis's record. Ebron has teams wetting their pants right now especially with Calvin and Bush on the field too.

believe me...nobody is afraid of Ebron right now!

Idk, I kind of want to see the Lions franchise Suh...it seems fitting for this organization.

He doesn't want to be here. Mayhew's quotes are pretty damming. They tried to sign him multiple times, and he didn't play ball. And I don't want to hear that these big contracts take awhile. Kapernick was signed in like 35 seconds. If he wanted to be here, this would have been done yesterday.

Tabled discussions until after the season. Woohoo a whole season to discuss this.

Why would he sign during the season? He has no reason to..once free agency hits he'll go to a team that can offer more money..no incentive for him to stay..

Mitch, I don't even think its about the money. I'm sure the Lions offered him a damn good deal. He just doesn't want to play for this franchise. And do you blame him?

From ESPN article:

"But Suh needs to do what’s best for him -- and that goes beyond a money angle, because he will be paid well no matter where he ends up. Detroit has a new coaching staff, one he is unfamiliar with. The Lions are a franchise that has never really shown the ability to win consistently -- hence the one winning season and one playoff appearance this century"

2014 and only one winning season (60-148)

I think they are the biggest joke in the NFL!

Last edited:
From ESPN article:

"But Suh needs to do what?s best for him -- and that goes beyond a money angle, because he will be paid well no matter where he ends up. Detroit has a new coaching staff, one he is unfamiliar with. The Lions are a franchise that has never really shown the ability to win consistently -- hence the one winning season and one playoff appearance this century"

2014 and only one winning season (60-148)

I think they are the biggest joke in the NFL!

But...but...but...

If this fumble went that way or didn't go this way or if wasn't blizzarding and raining at the same time or if (insert scrub DB) didn't stub his toe or if Stafford's pass didn't go off the right shoulderpad of the receiver on the 3rd Sunday under a half blood moon...the Lions would've had more winning seasons

But...but...but...

If this fumble went that way or didn't go this way or if wasn't blizzarding and raining at the same time or if (insert scrub DB) didn't stub his toe or if Stafford's pass didn't go off the right shoulderpad of the receiver on the 3rd Sunday under a half blood moon...the Lions would've had more winning seasons

True wins!

He doesn't want to be here. Mayhew's quotes are pretty damming. They tried to sign him multiple times, and he didn't play ball. And I don't want to hear that these big contracts take awhile. Kapernick was signed in like 35 seconds. If he wanted to be here, this would have been done yesterday.

Bam. Open and shut case. Well done.

Remember kids...it's not about how many interceptions you throw, it's about how many were your fault.

Also, it's not about your actual record...true wins are the only thing that matter!

Last edited:
It can't be ignored that Suh is the last of a very flawed drafting / compensation system.

His salary is an anachronism and it will be his ticket away from a franchise that is historically one of the worst in NFL history. It is impossible for him to lose. Lions are my team but I don't ever blame a player who doesn't want to be drafted by them or even stay. Just be honest and maybe things could get fixed.

Back