Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rome trip

Yes, that's the high bar I'm excited about. Harbaugh has now put me at ease about Cincinatti and Air Force.

Yes, that's the high bar I'm excited about. Harbaugh has now put me at ease about Cincinatti and Air Force.

Glad you can now appreciate that it IS indeed a high bar. Remember when Bill Martin listened to your kinda point of view, we ended up with RichRod and learned the hard way not to take good coaching for granted? That was really a bad experience. I am glad you understand that now, and would not complain about a coach who went 20-6 in his first two seasons, is well-liked, and does not make excuses, point fingers, blame other people, and create a toxic environment around the program.

Ugh, this is a totally different situation and you guys keep trying to say I'm unhappy with the product, which is far from the truth.

All I'm getting at is IF, IF, IF Harbaugh does not win the division or beat OSU this season, can we at least admit SOME of the sheen is starting to wear off this hilariously high bar that was set upon his hire?

And if not, when can we start being disappointed that the results aren't there? Or does he have an infinite free pass?

Hungry says year 4, that's acceptable, I still think year 3 is when a lot of coaches prove their worth for a program.

Last edited:
Ugh, this is a totally different situation and you guys keep trying to say I'm unhappy with the product, which is far from the truth.

All I'm getting at is IF, IF, IF Harbaugh does not win the division or beat OSU this season, can we at least admit SOME of the sheen is starting to wear off this hilariously high bar that was set upon his hire?

And if not, when can we start being disappointed that the results aren't there? Or does he have an infinite free pass?

Expectations are way too high for this year. A ton of talent with little experience and not enough age. Some teams can overcome and others can't. I'd say my expectations are 9 regular season wins. Anything more is gravy because 2018 and 2019 are going to be big.

And using that as the barometer for your metric (which is fine), would you start to be slightly disappointed if they didn't win the conference in 2018?

And using that as the barometer for your metric (which is fine), would you start to be slightly disappointed if they didn't win the conference in 2018?

Depends. Last season sucked because i felt like osu and psu were inferior to us. If we lose to a legit better team, i could handle it, but at some point we have to start winning them again.

OSU was an incredibly winnable game.

The last possession Michigan had against Iowa was horribly coached from an offensive standpoint. Could have cost this team the playoff.

I liked it better when dubbs didn't want to wish his summer away. Now he won't shut the fuck up about three years from now

I liked it better when dubbs didn't want to wish his summer away. Now he won't shut the fuck up about three years from now

He really is all over the place.

maybe he's just lonely and looking for people to respond to his posts.

Ugh wish you didn't quote that goober, don't need to see him post. Monster, that's something that needs to be fixed on the board. If you block someone, you shouldn't see their post if someone else quotes.

Yeah that's it! You got it bud. Just looking for friends.

How would this be all over the place? Wouldn't that involve taking a stand and then picking the other side?

Sorry, I'll fall back in line. Harbaugh's god, no one should question him if he falls short again next year.

Last edited:
Ugh wish you didn't quote that goober, don't need to see him post.

Yeah that's it! You got it bud. Just looking for friends.

How would this be all over the place? Wouldn't that involve taking a stand and then picking the other side?

Sorry, I'll fall back in line. Harbaugh's god, no one should question him if he falls short again next year.

Now you're getting it!

Cool beans, glad I have it all figured out.

As you were! Enjoy the posts about meeting the pope and all that fun stuff.

No one said Harbaugh is God

if Michigan goes 12-1 (7-1) and loses to OSU and OSU goes 8-0, will you be really, really disappointed? After all, no win vs OSU and no BTT. I mean, your scenario has multiple results here. Michigan could go 9-3, beat OSU and win the big ten title, then lose in the playoff. That would be a 9-4 record, which would be worse than last year. I just don't understand what we're even speculating anymore and why. This is a thread about the Rome trip.

Last edited:
Yup! Enjoy the Rome stuff. I won't discuss anything Michigan football further.

He really is all over the place.

maybe he's just lonely and looking for people to respond to his posts.

I'd give him credit if I thought he was playing a role, but I think the irony is completely lost on him.

FYI to your scenario's. 9-3 wouldn't get them into the playoff and would likely keep them out of the BTC assuming 2-3 of those losses are in conference.

I would guess the 12-1 probably would get them in the playoff and I'd be cool with that.

Back