Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford broke the career passing td record last game

In 1998 you could play defense, you could hit a WR in the air, you could get away with contact, you could be hit as the QB

But your right now there are better QBs too stafford doesn't compare to QBs now, he is more in line with the crappy QBs of the past.

Based on LKP logic Newton>Rodgers>Romo>stafford>Manning

Last edited:
Stafford has to solely lead Detroit down the field most of the time. Colts had Manning or James. 118 TDs is impressive. I don't care how many attempts it took, Stafford had it much harder to move the ball by himself.

Every attempt is not a TD attempt, Stafford got them into position and tossed a TD. With the Colts, it wasn't always Manning, it was alot of James getting them in TD position to toss a TD. Still have to toss that TD and Stafford and young Manning are good at it.

Yeah Calvin Johnson didn't help Matt at all you're right. So now Stafford is better just because of Edgerrin James, whom you failed to mention until your TD argument failed. If anything you could argue that James stole a lot of Manning's TD passes because he was so good at the goal line right? So Manning's TD numbers could have been even higher without his trusty RB being a TD thief. See I can spin nonsense too.

Again the concept is not hard. If Manning gets 385 more passing attempts some of them will turn into additional TDs. It's not rocket science. I suppose to someone who needs to keep up their troll gimmick it is though.

Again I'm not disputing that Stafford is talented, and at times has been impressive. I'm disputing your silly notion that he is somehow equal or better than Peyton Manning.

If you argued like a sane person your troll gimmick wouldn't be so obvious. Unfortunately it is.

Can't wait until the 2013 lions play the 2002 colts. We wil have the QB advantage.

my favorite part is when LKP said 2002 and 2013 are the same era. Cause nothing has changed since then....at all.

Romo in his first 68 games started: 1468/2295, 63.97%, 126 TD/66 INT, 7.99 Y/Att

Matt Stafford through 68 games: 1644/2749, 59.80%, 118 TD/79 INT, 7.04 Y/Att.

Is Stafford in Romo's class?

Last edited:
Romo in his first 68 games started: 1468/2295, 63.97%, 126 TD/66 INT, 7.99 Y/Att

Matt Stafford through 68 games: 1644/2749, 59.80%, 118 TD/79 INT, 7.04 Y/Att.

Is Stafford in Romo's class?

Sorry that's not fair. Romo had that hall of fame RB Marion Barber helping him out his first few seasons.

Oh, did anyone mention Peyton took over a team that hadn't seen double digit wins since 1977 and led them to the playoffs in 3 out of his first 5 years?

Last edited:
Oh, did anyone mention Peyton took over a team that hadn't seen double digit wins since 1977 and led them to the playoffs in 3 out of his first 5 years?

Stafford would've won a super bowl in 2 of those 3 playoff appearances.

Same era. Better QBs.

And Manning lived off James rushing too.

Give Stafford a stud back and he's efficient with the same 118 TDs. You saw short field equals TD too with a game winner over the Saints.

2002 Manning had 27 TDs
2013 Manning had 55 TDs

Same players...different eras.

LKP is a delusional moron. He looks stupid when he compares Stafford to someone like Manning.

He's looks stupid when he compares him to a qb that has won or played in a superbowl, won a playoff game, or has a winning record. He's an idiot in many ways, and a delusional one at that.

Peyton? shit...luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs his first 3 years. Since LKP is stuck on eras Luck dominates Stafford in this era, last era, next era, big bang era.....basically any era you can think of.

Last edited:
Peyton learned more. From Caldwell. Now he is awesome. Stafford will explode with calvin back.

The numbers are very comparable which made you guys go for this different era bullshir.

I am clearly right

Peyton learned more. From Caldwell. Now he is awesome. Stafford will explode with calvin back.

The numbers are very comparable which made you guys go for this different era bullshir.

I am clearly right

Troll 101 *yawn*

Step 1: Have earlier points refuted.
Step 2: Bring up new flimsy and/or impossible to prove arguments as if they were your original argument the whole time.
Step 3: Claim you "won" or that you "owned" the opposing parties.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.

New gimmick time. Boring.

Last edited:
Why is this still being debated? The facts about stafford that NOBODY can argue with:

1. He is very talented. Wonderful arm strength and can make passes that not many QBs can make.

2. He is seriously inconsistent. His accuracy goes from pin point to waaayyyy off and back to pin point and back again like nobody I have ever seen. Very Jay Cutlerish.

3. He could be great if he ever gets his consistency. With that arm and his come back ability, he could truly be one of the greatest. This sub 60% and relying on his WRs to either jump for the ball or get YAC on every pass is going to doom the offense (as it has so far this year) and get his targets killed. (And I realize he is over 60% THIS YEAR)

4. He's shown absolutely no growth since the playoff year. None. He's regressed. And that worries me a bit. It should worry all of us.

Until Matt becomes more consistent in the location of his throws, he'll continue to be a top 12-15 QB in this league. Can he get better? Definitely. Will he? I fucking hope so.

That 4th down play toward the end of the game in which Bush was interfered with by Bush is a very good example of his inconsistency. 4th and 5ish and he throws a 2 yard pass to Bush. Bush had two guys in between him and the first down. Matt overthrew him badly and got bailed out by the PI. Poor decision. Poor throw.

Back