Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford broke the career passing td record last game

Why is this still being debated? The facts about stafford that NOBODY can argue with:

That 4th down play toward the end of the game in which Bush was interfered with by Bush is a very good example of his inconsistency. 4th and 5ish and he throws a 2 yard pass to Bush. Bush had two guys in between him and the first down. Matt overthrew him badly and got bailed out by the PI. Poor decision. Poor throw.

So what youre sayin in essence was it was a true loss cause the refs screwed the saints? Lkp...how does that make you feel?

Last edited:
Why is this still being debated? The facts about stafford that NOBODY can argue with:

1. He is very talented. Wonderful arm strength and can make passes that not many QBs can make.

I've always said he can make any throw, ONCE. Because these throws he's suppose to make aren't happening a lot. I'm over the "he's very talented"..

Stafford is a very average QB.

Slightly above average Y/A - Good.
Below average completion % - Bad.
Average to below average QBR - Even.
Average DVOA - Even.
High yardage and TDs - Good.
High turnovers - Bad.

Stafford has some classic comebacks for unexpected wins. He also has some epic implosions to snatch defeat from victory. He doesn't do more with less, but he doesn't really do less with more either. He's not actually all that inconsistent, he's just not consistently good. Over the course of a game, he tends to counter great plays with stupid mistakes, and counter bad incompletions with big gains. On a team with a great defense and a some playmakers at the skill positions, an average QB is perfectly fine and certainly better than the numerous bad QBs that might be alternatives. But at the same time, a really good QB would still be a major improvement. There aren't a lot of those guys, obviously, so easier said than done.

Stafford is a huge upgrade over the decades of legitimately bad QBs Detroit has seen. But does that mean he's an objectively great player at his position, that Detroit couldn't do better without a hall of famer behind center? Not even close. The Lions should heavily consider drafting another QB soon. After next season, Stafford will likely again be restructuring or getting cut (entirely financial). It would be smart to have another average QB around at that time in case cutting becomes the better option. And if in drafting someone he turns out to be a legitimately good QB, all the better long term.

So what youre sayin in essence was it was a true loss cause the refs screwed the saints? Lkp...how does that make you feel?

That was clearly PI. Suh was getting held all game. Quin personal foul was BS. That play where they jumped offisides and then had a PI that got called back after the play was allowed to run was BS. True win. Great win. Fuck you.

That was clearly PI. Suh was getting held all game. Quin personal foul was BS. That play where they jumped offisides and then had a PI that got called back after the play was allowed to run was BS. True win. Great win. Fuck you.

The offsides play was the correct call. Anytime an offensive player reacts to a defender jumping off sides before the snap, the play is dead and offsides is called.
Before the throw was made I said the lions just caught a huge break because the play should of never been ran. They got together and made the correct
Call.

Your lack of knowledge about the rules and the game continues to be shown with every post.

The offsides play was the correct call. Anytime an offensive player reacts to a defender jumping off sides before the snap, the play is dead and offsides is called.
Before the throw was made I said the lions just caught a huge break because the play should of never been ran. They got together and made the correct
Call.

Your lack of knowledge about the rules and the game continues to be shown with every post.

Not if they let them play on. Once they play on you can't just take it back. They should have blown the whistle right away but when they didn't, there is no false start. Your lack of knowledge astounds me on this.

And it wasn't a false start. It was an offside. So our player moved on purpose. They should have blown the whistle, but if they don't it's a full play. The Lions got screwed on that play

Last edited:

J Bush truly picked off staffords shitty pass to fuller down the left sideline when fuller was wide open deep to end the game. Stafford 0 true tds 3 true ints. 1 true loss. better luck next week.

Not if they let them play on. Once they play on you can't just take it back. They should have blown the whistle right away but when they didn't, there is no false start. Your lack of knowledge astounds me on this.

And it wasn't a false start. It was an offside. So our player moved on purpose. They should have blown the whistle, but if they don't it's a full play. The Lions got screwed on that play

You're wrong. That was the correct call. No one believes you, people just laugh at the stupid way you try to come up with excuses.
Post the rule from the rule book that explains it the way you did.

You're wrong. That was the correct call. No one believes you, people just laugh at the stupid way you try to come up with excuses.
Post the rule from the rule book that explains it the way you did.

They should have blown the whistle. Once they let it play on the PI should have counted. They can't go back and rule the play dead. I agree initially it should be just offside but they never blew the whistle.

J Bush truly picked off staffords shitty pass to fuller down the left sideline when fuller was wide open deep to end the game. Stafford 0 true tds 3 true ints. 1 true loss. better luck next week.

It's Rafael Bush you moron. And no that was not an int and it was PI on Bush in the end.

It's Rafael Bush you moron. And no that was not an int and it was PI on Bush in the end.

Stafford under threw the ball by 6 yards and bush didn't touch fuller...at all. True interception....hit him right in the hands. Game over. True loss. Stafford sucks. Lions are truly 2-5. Lkp always wrong.

Stafford under threw the ball by 6 yards and bush didn't touch fuller...at all. True interception....hit him right in the hands. Game over. True loss. Stafford sucks. Lions are truly 2-5. Lkp always wrong.

The first int was a true int. Talking about the PI on Bush on the 4th down by Bush. True PI. True Lions win. Great two TD throws by Stafford. Comeback kid making up for a poor run game, pressure and drops. Great job Stafford.

The first int was a true int. Talking about the PI on Bush on the 4th down by Bush. True PI. True Lions win. Great two TD throws by Stafford. Comeback kid making up for a poor run game, pressure and drops. Great job Stafford.

hmmmm.....so im referencing NO dropping a clear interception that would have ended the game. And youre referencing a phantom PI call on a 4th down that would have ended the game. Neither one has anything to do with Stafford being good. So maybe you should just agree with me in the first place when I said the LIONS took advantage of timely miscues by the saints and stole a win. Bush dropped int, questionable PI call, tate....who isn't very fast makes an entire defense take bad angles, terrible decision by Brees to throw late over the middle.....we benefitted from a lot of bad plays by NO. I give Detroit credit for capitalizing on those errors. But to say it was all Stafford is just about 100% untrue.

3rd down Fuller should have that. Nowhere near a true int.

I never said it was 100% Stafford. The defense forced Brees to throw that pick with pressure. Stafford did play a big part especially on 3rd downs. Stafford deserves credit for this win though along with the defense.

And every time a team wins, it's usually one team making mistakes and the other team capitalizing. That is how football works.

And every time a team wins, it's usually one team making mistakes and the other team capitalizing. That is how football works.

so last year the Lions record of 7-9 was legit...no more "true wins" out of you anymore?

Question for LKP.

What other QBs could of started for the lions and won in your opinion?

Obviously this can not be proven simply an opinion.

Last edited:
so last year the Lions record of 7-9 was legit...no more "true wins" out of you anymore?

Not an unforced mistake. Teams were lucky to capitalize. Saints had no busines capitalizing on that. Lions drops and fumbles were unforced. Still true wins for Detroit in 2013 and against Buffalo this year. 0/3 FGs is ridiculous.

Question for LKP.

What other QBs could of started for the lions and won in your opinion?

Obviously this can not be proven simply an opinion.

The answer is, I don't care as long as Stafford does his job. And Stafford did his job.

Back