Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Tigers Trade Porcello for Cespedes + trade Suarez for Simple Simon from reds

Who was better in 2014? Torii Hunter or Cespool..that's all that needs to be said.

Offensively Torii slightly. Defensively a chair would have been better than torii

Maybe but Cespedes isn't some Kaline clone in the OF..I'd take Torii's 2014 offense with that defense over Cespedes 2014 season.

I wonder how many times the Boston new stations will be showing the "highlight" of Porcello taking down a Youk from a few years ago???

Of course Miami gets Mat Latos, rumored. Why couldn't we get him. Better and younger.

Last edited:
Sitting here eating Beefaroni for lunch food I know probably will take 30 days off my life I try and think what is going through DD's head... Has he lost it? Why doesn't the Illich family see it? These trades are terrible. There are no two ways about it.. Unless Joyner can help Cespedes out this is just pure crap... The Red's deal makes no sense...

Now I need a peanut butter cookie to get three bad tastes out of my mouth....

Last edited:
DD is right more often than he is wrong. None of these guys has played one minute in. Tigers uniform and already with the doomsday prophecies on here. Reserve judgement until a month or so into the season, would ya please?

DD is right more often than he is wrong. None of these guys has played one minute in. Tigers uniform and already with the doomsday prophecies on here. Reserve judgement until a month or so into the season, would ya please?

I was wondering how long it would take for a DD apologist to come out in this thread.

Cepedes isn't a good OF but he is probably better than any they could get in FA. Porcello for him and the minor leaguer is questionable but they did replace Porcello. Clearly they thought that Porcello was not going to be back with the team in 2016.

To me these trades are just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. Of course we all know what eventually happened to that ship!

This thread and the post's im reading just goes to show what a clueless group of people you guys all are .

We sold extremely high on Porcello , who has a career 4.30 ERA and everyone wanted to run him outa town . Oh but wait , he had a good stretch last year so now hes a #2 or # 3 starter ?? We get a stud corner outfielder who has tremendous power , and shores up the biggest need we had , not to mention his cannon for an arm . Not to mention Porcello is gonna command 15 million a year after next year , yea hes really worth that isnt he !! To be able to trade a #5 pitcher for a guy with Cespedes's talent and plug into this lineup is a steal .

A for Simon , another great trade . I love how everyone is saying Suarez is some big loss . LOL he sucked last year , he had a good first 2 weeks and then stunk the joint up , a career minor leaguer . And Crawford is a low end prospect who wont even sniff the big leagues for years , and you guys are bitching ?! So Simon had a bad 2nd half , but he had a great 1st half . Funny how you guys say his 2nd half is what we will be getting , lets just dismissed his 1sthalf , well you know because then we wont be able to bitch and complain . 2 Brilliant trades by DD today that made our team alot better .

Every outlet you listen to and or read says we made great trades today , except well you know this group of clueless bozo's that post on the tigers board . Congrats boys

We sold extremely low on Porcello, who has a career 4.30 ERA but was clearly getting much better after developing secondary pitches. Oh but wait, he had a good stretch last 3 year so now hes a #2 or # 3 starter easily. We get an overrated corner outfielder who has adequate power, and shores up none of the biggest needs we had, not to mention his cannon for an arm, once he actually makes it to the damn ball. Not to mention Porcello is gonna command 15 million a year after next year, and he's really worth that!! To be able to trade a #2-3 pitcher for a guy with Cespedes's talent is a steal, for the RED SOX .

Your post required a quite a bit of work, please proof-read in the future.

- Editor

A for Simon , another great trade . I love how everyone is saying Suarez is some big loss . LOL he sucked last year , he had a good first 2 weeks and then stunk the joint up , a career minor leaguer . And Crawford is a low end prospect who wont even sniff the big leagues for years , and you guys are bitching ?! So Simon had a bad 2nd half , but he had a great 1st half . Funny how you guys say his 2nd half is what we will be getting , lets just dismissed his 1sthalf , well you know because then we wont be able to bitch and complain . 2 Brilliant trades by DD today that made our team alot better .

Look at Simon's age and his career numbers. why should I believe he is going to go back to his 1st half numbers when his 2nd half numbers mirror his career stats? He's also going on 34 years old, how many 34 year old starters all of a sudden become solid pitchers?

Also keep in mind that Iglesias is coming off an injury in which he missed an entire season, what are we going to do if he reaggravates that injury? Play Romine full time? God help us all.

Back