Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Tigers Trade Porcello for Cespedes + trade Suarez for Simple Simon from reds

Your post required a quite a bit of work, please proof-read in the future.

- Editor

I have quite a few friends that are red sox fans and they are sick to their stomach with this trade . Porcello was awful 2nd half of season too so how is he getting better and better ...you would give him a 5 year / 75 million dollar contract ?? LMAO

I see our resident dumb ass came out to post..

Porcello, improving. Cespool, declining. Simon, did you see his after AS break numbers? And he's 34.

Last edited:
The Porcello deal was for a pitcher they were not likely to re-sign for a corner OF they needed that they are not likely to re-sign. The other trade was for a cheap #4-#5 starter for a few prospects. Downgrade from Porcello to Simon but not too much but they filled their need for a corner OF. Nothing to get too excited about.

What do you like about Cespedes, Tom? .714 OPS in Boston. Since his rookie season's he hitting like a 2B but playing COF. 25 year old starters who just had their best year should get more. Keep in mind that Detroit has bad infield defense, in Boston - RP is even better. GB pitcher with a good defense behind him..

I like Hoarding Pitching. Porcello for two thugs to go along with Cespades ? Not liking this deal.

The Simon deal I still don't know. I was never crazy about the Crawford pick to begin with. At least Simon is a big leaguer with some success.

Simon is awesome out of the bullpen. If he can pitch like he did the first half of the season this could be a good deal.

Last edited:
Look at Simon's age and his career numbers. why should I believe he is going to go back to his 1st half numbers when his 2nd half numbers mirror his career stats? He's also going on 34 years old, how many 34 year old starters all of a sudden become solid pitchers?

Also keep in mind that Iglesias is coming off an injury in which he missed an entire season, what are we going to do if he reaggravates that injury? Play Romine full time? God help us all.

Simon is already a solid pitcher and i see nothing wrong with his career stats , besides having a high whip , which hes improved upon the past 2 years . He will give us everything porcello does . Herman Perez is just as good as Suarez is . I dont think you realize how bad Suarez was at the plate after his first week or 2 when he was hot .

I was hoping we kept Rick and signed Rasmus for almost nothing. He could have been great in CF

Though half season success stories going from NL to AL - Simon is doomed.

Well it is Maybe Joyner can help YC's obp.

Maybe his contact year will get him going :/

Those numbers are not good..

I see our resident dumb ass came out to post..

Porcello, improving. Cespool, declining. Simon, did you see his after AS break numbers? And he's 34.

Porcello was 3-8 with a 1.3 whip in the 2nd half . I dont think you even have a clue what cespedes brings to the offense and defense . As a matter of fact , i know you dont have a clue .

What do you like about Cespedes, Tom? .714 OPS in Boston. Since his rookie season's he hitting like a 2B but playing COF. 25 year old starters who just had their best year should get more. Keep in mind that Detroit has bad infield defense, in Boston - RP is even better. GB pitcher with a good defense behind him..

Not too much really...but they had to get somebody for the OF. Cespedes has a .743 away OPS over the past 3 seasons and .751 away last year. Not too bad. Porcello was on the last year of his contract too. This move tells me that he wasn't in the Tigers long term plans. He is not a front line pitcher. You are not going to get a lot for a one year rental of a #3 pitcher regardless of age.

Porcello was 3-8 with a 1.3 whip in the 2nd half . I dont think you even have a clue what cespedes brings to the offense and defense . As a matter of fact , i know you dont have a clue .

If you think Cespool is a good defender then your head is wrong. His .714 OPS in Boston translates to .675 OPS here. Bring back Torii..

Last edited:
I have been watching some footage of cespades in the OF. He doesn't look to bad defensively

Well at least he has a good arm... Maybe he will hit like his first season.... it's his contract season so maybe he will have a good year... Nothing to do now but root for him I guess...

I have been watching some footage of cespades in the OF. He doesn't look to bad defensively

Cespedes is probably an average or below average defender with an elite arm. The arm turned him into a plus defender and top rated corner OF last year. His game is really good and really bad at times, in all facets.

He lead outfielders in assist's and thats with people not even running on him . If you dont think having that type of weapon in the outfield is beneficial then i dont know what to tell ya

He lead outfielders in assist's and thats with people not even running on him . If you dont think having that type of weapon in the outfield is beneficial then i dont know what to tell ya

No one is questioning his arm, its catching the ball and getting to the ball.

Well at least he has a good arm... Maybe he will hit like his first season.... it's his contract season so maybe he will have a good year... Nothing to do now but root for him I guess...

Bob this makes to much sense for some of these people haha , nah they will hope and pray he stinks it up so they can do what they do best . Bitch and complain .

Back