Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Tigers Trade Porcello for Cespedes + trade Suarez for Simple Simon from reds

Cespedes is nothing more than Colby Rasmus with an arm. Bcause of his homerun derby appearances and highlights of throwing people out fans think he is better than he really is.

I argue they would have been better off keeping Porcello, signing Rasmus then trading those pieces for a bp arm

Cespedes is nothing more than Colby Rasmus with an arm. Bcause of his homerun derby appearances and highlights of throwing people out fans think he is better than he really is.

I argue they would have been better off keeping Porcello, signing Rasmus then trading those pieces for a bp arm

Are you high ? Rasmus hit .225 with a .287 OBP and is usleless against left handed pitching ..Yeah him and cespedes are basically the same thing ....Not to mention Rasmus is a center fielder in which we already have that position covered . Good stuff tho bud !!

Last edited:
Of course Rasmus had a better OPS that Cespedes had in Boston and a better OPS than Cespedes had the season before but why should facts get in the way..

Last edited:
Of course Rasmus had a better OPS that Cespedes had in Boston and a better OPS than Cespedes had the season before but why should facts get in the way..

Rasmus : .752 OPS against righties in 259 AB ...... .684 OPS against lefties in 87 at bats .

You cant compare someone that is a platoon player that doesnt play very often against lefties to soemone who plays everyday against all pitching . Had Rasmus played all the time , his OPS would be well below cespedes's .

And looking even further , he struck out 124 times in 346 at bats . YIKES !!

Cespedes struck out 128 times in 600 at bats

Last edited:
You all want to cite Simon's 2nd half last year, even after acknowledging it was his first season as a full-time starter. Did you think he'd have the stamina to be great for his first full year as a starter? BTW, Porcello was average in the 2nd half last year.. the same as he'd been his entire career prior. We traded an overrated SP for an overrated OF. We needed a hitter, so this is a good trade. The Simon one will take time to tell for sure, but we gave up no major league talent for him. If it doesn't work out, we trade for a SP at the deadline and move Simon to the BP where he has had success. Cespedes is at least as good as Hunter offensively and WAY better defensively. UPGRADE.. no, he's not great.. but he does fill our need. Sorry he's not Stanton.

I think we're still looking for a SP. DD said Simon will start, but I don't think he said the same about Greene.

Are you high ? Rasmus hit .225 with a .287 OBP and is usleless against left handed pitching ..Yeah him and cespedes are basically the same thing ....Not to mention Rasmus is a center fielder in which we already have that position covered . Good stuff tho bud !!

Are you high? Who gives a fuck about vs. LHP? The majority of AB's are vs. RHP.

And we have center field covered? Gose and Davis? ROFLMAO

That said, I didn't want Rasmus either.

Are you high? Who gives a fuck about vs. LHP? The majority of AB's are vs. RHP.

And we have center field covered? Gose and Davis? ROFLMAO

That said, I didn't want Rasmus either.

What exactly do you find ridiculous about it? Davis mashes leftys and Gose is at least average against RHP.. so, we have at least average offense and above average defense in CF, considering Goes will get most starts.

You all want to cite Simon's 2nd half last year, even after acknowledging it was his first season as a full-time starter. Did you think he'd have the stamina to be great for his first full year as a starter? BTW, Porcello was average in the 2nd half last year.. the same as he'd been his entire career prior. We traded an overrated SP for an overrated OF. We needed a hitter, so this is a good trade. The Simon one will take time to tell for sure, but we gave up no major league talent for him. If it doesn't work out, we trade for a SP at the deadline and move Simon to the BP where he has had success. Cespedes is at least as good as Hunter offensively and WAY better defensively. UPGRADE.. no, he's not great.. but he does fill our need. Sorry he's not Stanton.

Converting to a starter at 33, wont play as a Tiger until 34. And you expect his stamina to get much better? He's going to have problems once his inning count piles up, and his ERA looks nice, but his WHIP and FIP do not. Probably okay as a 5th starter but not close to Porcello's talent level, don't kid yourself.

yea thats why he had just as good , if not better year than porcello . S your converting to starter argument is actually against you . Considering it was his first full year starting and he has already performed better than porcello ever has .

What exactly do you find ridiculous about it? Davis mashes leftys and Gose is at least average against RHP.. so, we have at least average offense and above average defense in CF, considering Goes will get most starts.

.666 career OPS from a guy who has never played a full season in the majors is now at least average vs. RHP?

Don Kelly has a career OPS of .655 vs. RHP, I guess he's at least average too then.

yea thats why he had just as good , if not better year than porcello . S your converting to starter argument is actually against you . Considering it was his first full year starting and he has already performed better than porcello ever has .

Against me except his age. Porcello is 8 years younger. How many pitchers do you know of that improved past the age of 34?

.666 career OPS from a guy who has never played a full season in the majors is now at least average vs. RHP?

Don Kelly has a career OPS of .655 vs. RHP, I guess he's at least average too then.

you do realize OPS includes slugging% too right ? Why would you think his slugging % would be anything more than what it is . Thats just ridiculous to use OPS for a guy like Gose who relys on speed . His .330 OBP against righties isnt half bad tho .

Simon is serviceable as a 5th starter for you guys. Don't forget how much more impressive his numbers are when you consider his home park last year.

you do realize OPS includes slugging% too right ? Why would you think his slugging % would be anything more than what it is . Thats just ridiculous to use OPS for a guy like Gose who relys on speed . His .330 OBP against righties isnt half bad tho .

You realize slugging counts total bases, which a guy which speed usually get a few of right?

OPS is relevant for all players, chump.

Back