Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh not being franchised

Dumb dumb dumb move. he's gone.

Mediocre defense incoming.

They better use this cap space wisely

Hope that means they are close. If he doesn't sign by the 10th they better have a couple DTs in mind.

I think it's just the opposite. They are coming to terms that this guy is asking for an astronomical amount of money and they cannot tie their entire cap into three guys.

Lions basically just said no thanks to a top 5 defense in 2015 letting Suh go. For cap space.

They better hit on some stud free agents now.

Right decision in my opinion. It is absolutely ridiculous to pay a DT that kind of money. I don't think the Lions defense is just going to crumble into mediocrity if he's not there. Lots of other guys played very well last year, it wasn't just Suh. Add some pieces through the draft and with the cap space we have, and it should once again be more than serviceable in my opinion.

Suh just doesn't want to be here, it's fairly obvious. I say thank you very much for the memories sir, and best of luck to you.

It's not just cap space. It's a LOT of cap space. I don't care how good he is, you don't pay that much money for a DT.

They did the right thing,,, they still have some negotiating power, none with the tag

Last edited:
Lions basically just said no thanks to a top 5 defense in 2015 letting Suh go. For cap space.

They better hit on some stud free agents now.

Stay away from sharp objects and high places

Thank the lord they drafted Ebron instead of Aaron Donald.

FINALLY!!! If he stays, it will still be a high %, but the tag would be destructive not just in cap space but no one can honestly say Suh would be a positive team member if he was tagged. The guy does not have the personality to be positive playing with the tag and would become a cancer in the locker room. Tag him and the D would be lucky to be top 20. Sign him and it can be top 5, but tag...that would be very bad.

If he doesn't sign, they have plenty of money to use in getting an adequate replacement and improve the entire D. My only concern with Suh was if they tagged him. Sign him or not, the D will be fine next year, but tag would have been a disaster.

Bottom line we can neg with Suh and other FA at same time. He have room for Suh and others at Beginning of FA

6 years 106 million. If Suh doesn't take that, he's just greedy.

Smart move by the Lions. I'd rather see them go get a guy like Terrance Knighton and resign Fairley, plus have room for a few other pieces and resigning our own guys.

No way we should pay a DT $27MM

It's hard to see him go, because he's been such an exciting player to watch, but he's as good as gone now, and we move on.

Wish the deal could have gotten done, but he has to do what's best for him, and knowing Oakland and Jacksonville MUST spend huge money to hit the salary floor, he knows he's going to get a deal with a front loaded contract that pays him more than we can afford.

Price of all those top 5 picks I guess. Let's hope we can land a haul in free agency and the draft and not see any more picks that high any time soon.

I read that Indy has the cap space to sign him too. That is really a perfect fit for him.

Back