Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh not being franchised

And really the Lions can handle giving Suh 20 million per. They are just not going to do that though.

6 year 120, 30 million SB.

5 base+6=11 (9.7 already counting)
13 base +6=19 million year 2
14 base+6=20 million year 3
15 base+6=21 million year 4
18 base+6=24
25 base year 6

Lions can handle 11 off the cap this year, 19 then 20.

Your last comment about Mathis is way off. He had a fantastic year in 2014. While I don't want to see him start more than one more year...he was awesome in 2014. To say you can see the decline means you must have thought of him on a Richard Sherman or Joe Haden level.

Here is a list of all FA corners and their 2014 grade from PFF.....look who checks in at #2.

Kareem Jackson 27 CB HST UFA 9.5
Rashean Mathis 35 CB DET UFA 9.1
Chris Culliver 27 CB SF UFA 8.5
Brandon Flowers 29 CB SD UFA 8.2
Sterling Moore 25 CB DAL UFA 6.0
Chris Cook 28 CB SF UFA 1.9
Brandon Harris 25 CB TEN UFA 1.7
Tramon Williams 32 CB GB UFA 1.6
Josh Thomas 26 CB DET UFA 1.6
Perrish Cox 28 CB SF UFA 1.2
Charles Tillman 34 CB CHI UFA 0.5
Antwon Blake 25 CB PIT RFA 0.3
Mike Harris 26 CB NYG RFA 0.3
Josh Gordy 28 CB IND UFA 0.2
Javier Arenas 27 CB ATL UFA 0.2
Patrick Robinson 27 CB NO UFA 0.1
Alan Ball 30 CB JAX UFA 0.1
Aaron Ross 32 CB BLT UFA 0
Teddy Williams 27 CB JAX RFA 0
Danny Gorrer 29 CB BLT UFA -0.1
Davon House 26 CB GB UFA -0.1
Antonio Cromartie31 CB ARZ UFA -0.2
Byron Maxwell 27 CB SEA UFA -0.2
Walter Thurmond 28 CB NYG UFA -0.5
Justin Rogers 27 CB WAS UFA -0.5
Jarrett Bush 31 CB GB UFA -1.2
Mike Jenkins 30 CB TB UFA -1.2
Tony Carter 29 CB DEN RFA -1.9
Terence Newman 36 CB CIN UFA -2.0
R.J. Stanford 27 CB MIA RFA -2.2
Sherrod Martin 30 CB JAX UFA -2.6
Brice McCain 28 CB PIT UFA -2.8
Sherrick McManis 27 CB CHI UFA -2.8
Chimdi Chekwa 26 CB OAK RFA -3.1
Darius Butler 29 CB IND UFA -3.2
Carlos Rogers 34 CB OAK UFA -3.6
Zackary Bowman 30 CB NYG UFA -4.3
James Dockery 26 CB CAR UFA -4.3
Tarell Brown 30 CB OAK UFA -4.6
Josh Wilson 30 CB ATL UFA -4.6
Kyle Wilson 28 CB NYJ UFA -4.6
Cassius Vaughn 27 CB DET UFA -5.9
Buster Skrine 26 CB CLV UFA -6.3
Will Blackmon 30 CB JAX CUT -6.9
Chris Owens 28 CB KC UFA -7.0
Jimmy Wilson 29 CB MIA UFA -7.4
Leonard Johnson 25 CB TB RFA -7.7
Phillip Adams 27 CB NYJ UFA -7.8
Robert McClain 27 CB ATL UFA -8.1
Bradley Fletcher 29 CB PHI UFA -8.4
Ike Taylor 35 CB PIT UFA -8.9
Antoine Cason 29 CB BLT UFA -9.7
Charles Godfrey 29 CB ATL UFA -10.4
Chykie Brown 28 CB NYG UFA -11.5
E.J. Biggers 28 CB WAS UFA -12.9
Shareece Wright 28 CB SD UFA -16.8

Do they have a grade for the past 3 seasons?

Dont overpay fairley. Pay a huge fatty 800k and switch 3-4. Spend on a rush lb and 6 moar weapons for stafford.

Too bad KC franchised Houston.....

I'd have thrown Suh's money at Houston in a heartbeat.....drafted a fatty....resigned Fairley and told Ansah to gain 15 lbs.

.........Ansah...."Fatty".....Fairley

Houston.....Whitehead.....Van Noy......Levy

That's a hell of a 3-4.

I thought you had to have a membership to get those stats from PFF. I do not have a membership.

Thanks for turning me on to google though...I had never heard of it!

Yes you need a membership. Which players do you want specifically. I have a membership.

Yes you need a membership. Which players do you want specifically. I have a membership.

I was just curious how those free agent CBs graded out over the past 3 seasons. I think one season is probably too small of a sample size to determine which ones are the best.

I was just curious how those free agent CBs graded out over the past 3 seasons. I think one season is probably too small of a sample size to determine which ones are the best.

Mathis +9.1, +6.2 (hurt year before). he's been good both years in Detroit.
Culliver missed 2013, +6.1 2012
Cromartie +9.4, -11.4 in 2013
Tramon Williams +3.3 in 2013, 0 grade in 2012.
Fletcher +2.8 in 2013, +3.8 in 2012 with Rams
Flowers +13 in 2012, -5.4 in 2013. Doesn't fit our scheme.
Jackson -4.0 in 2013 and +11.1 in 2012.

I go Mathis again. He is best and cheapest.

Last edited:
Mathis +9.1, +6.2 (hurt year before). he's been good both years in Detroit.
Culliver missed 2013, +6.1 2012
Cromartie +9.4, -11.4 in 2013
Tramon Williams +3.3 in 2013, 0 grade in 2012.
Fletcher +2.8 in 2013, +3.8 in 2012 with Rams
Flowers +13 in 2012, -5.4 in 2013. Doesn't fit our scheme.
Jackson -4.0 in 2013 and +11.1 in 2012.

I go Mathis again. He is best and cheapest.

thanks

Cheap and hopefully allows them to develop one they draft this year

I read a lot of people singing the praises of Austin as a D-Coordinator this last season. So if he's so awesome, why are people so worried about losing one guy?

I'm personally not sold on Austin yet, and I think he managed to get all these high picks to finally play well, but that also means he should be able to sign or draft a guy and do it again.

I just don't understand how so many people can think the D-Coordinator is so shit hot, but those same folks think our defense falls apart without one guy.

Makes no sense to me.

If Austin does it again -- sans Suh -- then Austin will be gone. Personally, I give Austin some of the credit, and credit for finally canning Gym Shorts which scratched the Wide 9.

Your last comment about Mathis is way off. He had a fantastic year in 2014. While I don't want to see him start more than one more year...he was awesome in 2014. To say you can see the decline means you must have thought of him on a Richard Sherman or Joe Haden level.

Here is a list of all FA corners and their 2014 grade from PFF.....look who checks in at #2.

Kareem Jackson 27 CB HST UFA 9.5
Rashean Mathis 35 CB DET UFA 9.1

That surprises me. It would be interesting to see his by game ratings if they exist. He seemed to have a very up and down year to me, with the back half of the year being more down than up.

Ugh, we take a $9+ million cap hit for Suh even if he leaves. So I guess if you sign him fr say $16 million you're only taking an extra $7 million cap hit to retain him.

Ugh, we take a $9+ million cap hit for Suh even if he leaves. So I guess if you sign him fr say $16 million you're only taking an extra $7 million cap hit to retain him.

If we sign him it would be more like 25 mil SB, 1 mil Base, additional cap hit about 6 mil, less roster replacement

That cap hit already included in our cap number. 17 under still

That cap hit already included in our cap number. 17 under still

Shitty part is, we have $17MM and some change available in cap, and nearly the exact same amount in dead money for next year.

That just hurts.

This may finally be Mayhew's undoing. The only solace I can take in this debacle is that.

Shitty part is, we have $17MM and some change available in cap, and nearly the exact same amount in dead money for next year.

That just hurts.

Bush Houston and suh. We got plenty of room dtill

(This is all assuming Suh signs elsewhere)

Guess we'll see what Austin can do without Suh.

I have a feeling most fans won't realize how valuable Suh was until he's gone. This is mostly towards the imbeciles who bash Suh on sack numbers alone. Not saying that making him the highest paid player is a smart move, but losing Suh will have a noticeable impact.

However, if Mayhew can spend the money wisely, there might not be a huge dropoff. It's do or die time for Mayhew, the Lions could have a great opportunity to retool this time around...rather than full out rebuilding mode. Stafford and CJ become cap savings in 2016, significantly so in 2017 in on. Draft well and make smart FA moves, they could rid themselves of the "big three" AND have a solid team in just a few years. Surely a bit optimistic, but the potential is there.

This may finally be Mayhew's undoing. The only solace I can take in this debacle is that.

Id say thank fucking god....but we all know there is no god. No one could possibly be so cruel to make ppl lions fans and give us millen and mayhew. God sucks...

That said....mayhew fails at life.

Last edited:
Back