Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Superegional schedule and tv

Hotting is what really sets Michigan apart. Romero is a rare hitter in softball. Her batting average is over .400. Usually in softball when you see that they are the slap hitters but with Michigan we have Romero who is a power hitter along with several others. I believe 7 of our 9 hitters hit over .300 and all of them have power.

Romero does remind me of Miggy in a way. She doesnt just look for the HR. She will take what the defense gives her. If she can bunt for hit she does or she will go the opposite way if she needs to.

Then you add in Betsa and Wagner in the circle and some really good defense. They did make some errors last night but they are rare. Georgia is a good team and can beat us twice but I would be shocked. This team has had a laser focus on the WCWS all year. And the scary part is we only lose 2 key players off this team for next year.

Hotting is what really sets Michigan apart. Romero is a rare hitter in softball. Her batting average is over .400. Usually in softball when you see that they are the slap hitters but with Michigan we have Romero who is a power hitter along with several others. I believe 7 of our 9 hitters hit over .300 and all of them have power.

Romero does remind me of Miggy in a way. She doesnt just look for the HR. She will take what the defense gives her. If she can bunt for hit she does or she will go the opposite way if she needs to.

Then you add in Betsa and Wagner in the circle and some really good defense. They did make some errors last night but they are rare. Georgia is a good team and can beat us twice but I would be shocked. This team has had a laser focus on the WCWS all year. And the scary part is we only lose 2 key players off this team for next year.

It makes it difficult to pitch to Romero and the others. Nearly all can slap hit or hit with power and drive the ball out of the park. That last hit she got where she ripped it through the right side of the infield and scored two runs (I think) was a great hit. I was hoping she would hit a home run, but that was a great hit.

This very thought has occurred to me myself.

She is a sweet lil' chicanita from the inland Empire who came to southeastern Michigan and hits like Miggy Cabrero.

lol if they were a couple, they would be Cabrero. But could you imagine their children!?!?!? Maybe the first woman to make it in the MLB or the first man to actually hit a HR to da moon.

The whole first 5 in our lineup can hit more than slap

Christner hit her 20th hr for season last night

siLo has been a bit off on hitting but she can power it

Both teams made errors. More than normal. Unusual

I think it might have been the cold. Actually, the Michigan bats were active early allowing them to jump out to a lead in the first. Seems to me they usually do really get the bats going until the 4th or 5th, and then pile on so many runs that they get the mercy win. I think the announcers last night mentioned that Michigan has the most mercy wins of any team (29? or something like that). Something that occurred to me was to try to make the Georgia pitcher field the ball as much as possible. She is kind of slow and lumbering and the more she has to run and bend over to get the ball the more tired she is going to get. Well, maybe not the best strategy, but it would be funny to watch her have to field bunt after bunt just in front of the pitching mound.

GO BLUE! End it tonight and on to the WCWS!

Yeah we take a uooer of innings ti start cracking. Don't like that in these situations

I am curious it. GA will start the pitcher who started yesterday

Yeah we take a uooer of innings ti start cracking. Don't like that in these situations

I am curious it. GA will start the pitcher who started yesterday

I am curious about this too. I don't know if you noticed it ML, but on TV you could see in the last couple of innings the GA pitcher shaking her arm and holding it funny like it was starting to cramp up or something. The announcers mentioned it on the TV. She may not be able to start today's game. I don't know how many pitchers they have, but the starter got chased in the first inning, and the back up didn't fair too well and may have a sore arm today. So, they would be down to their 3rd starter (if they have one). Michigan needs to jump on the opportunity and end it in today's first game.

Tonight I am in first row right above third base dugout. Literally above the inside entrance to the dugout. Where the coach would be

Not good start.

GA got two hrs first inn g

Wagner already warming up

Changed our hers with two outs in first inning

Our night to be off

Back