Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Masters

You're kind of right and also kind of not right at the same time.

according to this, he has two top ten finishes this season, although he had a 9th place finish at Albany; I don't know why they're not counting that.

That's better than he's played in a long time.

A lot of people are hoping he'll come back and start winning again, especially majors.

He is still far and away the active all time leader in major championships, the only active player to have accomplished a career grand slam, let alone having done it several times over.

After the relatively narrow loss to his good friend Bruce Koepka in last year?s PGA championship, I figured it would only be a matter of time.

Turns out it didn?t take that much time-the very next one.

15 and counting.

I hadn't watched a round of golf in over a decade until today. Happy Tiger Day @tomdalton22!!

he has turned his career around...good for him. He deserves the coverage he got this weekend because he was actually in contention. I wasn't rooting for him but it was a nice moment when he was with his kids after he won.

I hadn't watched a round of golf in over a decade until today. Happy Tiger Day @tomdalton22!!

That?s funny.

And when was the last time Tiger Woods won a major championship?

Oh that?s right-it was just over a decade.

The US Open La Jolla.

I actually attended the first round of that event.

he has turned his career around...good for him. He deserves the coverage he got this weekend because he was actually in contention. I wasn't rooting for him but it was a nice moment when he was with his kids after he won.

After last year, and his start this year? I?m going to go out on a limb and predict that he?s not done.

I do hope Mickelson finally wins his U.S. Open, and I hope next year Rory gets his green jacket.

After last year, and his start this year? I?m going to go out on a limb and predict that he?s not done.

I do hope Mickelson finally wins his U.S. Open, and I hope next year Rory gets his green jacket.

2 years ago I thought he would never win another tournament, let alone a major. I agree that he will probably win another major. I still doubt he passes Jack...but you never know.

2 years ago I thought he would never win another tournament, let alone a major. I agree that he will probably win another major. I still doubt he passes Jack...but you never know.

You never know.

Eleven years ago it was practically a foregone conclusion he would pass Nicklaus.

Two years ago I also thought he’d never win another major.

The end of last year made me pretty sure that I had been wrong.

Tiger Woods is 43.

Last edited:
Even at 43, it's not easy winning Major's past 40. If he was to win one this is the one, the Masters. I like Tiger more the past couple years than when he was younger.

Even at 43, it's not easy winning Major's past 40. If he was to win one this is the one, the Masters. I like Tiger more the past couple years than when he was younger.

He was runner up in the PGA Championship last year, two strokes out.

I think he can compete to win any of them over the next number of years.

He was runner up in the PGA Championship last year, two strokes out.

I think he can compete to win any of them over the next number of years.

Compete is different than winning. Even with Tiger he has age difficulties like any 40 plus guys. I say there's a 98.9% chance he catches Jack. And that's probably an over-statement.

Compete is different than winning. Even with Tiger he has age difficulties like any 40 plus guys. I say there's a 98.9% chance he catches Jack. And that's probably an over-statement.

I think it's more like <5% chance he catches Jack. He needs 3 more majors to catch him.

I think it's more like <5% chance he catches Jack. He needs 3 more majors to catch him.

So one projection is a virtual certainty, the other a virtual impossibility.

That?s quite a range.

I?m going to go out on a limb and say the probability is somewhere in between.

This morning Tiger Woods needed for more majors to catch him.

That?s a pretty big percentage closer.

Today was a big step.

Major championship winners over 40.

There are some multiple major winners over 40 but their wins aren?t listed right with each other on this list and I can?t find one where they are.

I think before today there have been only 6-7 majors at 44 and beyond. Though at 43 there were 6. Tiger at 43 small odds he does and not only because of age, I mean he's is one of the best ever , but his back and neck issues. Even last week or 2 he had some tightness.

Back