Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Day 2 Draft Thread (NO TWITTER SPOILERS)

brewer229

Keeping with consistency here is a day 2 thread.

Lions needs in my opinion: DT, RB, CB, S, WR/Return

Below is best players available by Scouts inc:

2gEkSio.jpg

Wow, I would have been okay with Jordan Phillips in the first, and he's middle of that board at #17. There's a chance we could have a round 2 shot at him still.

I'd be very thrilled with that.

PJ Williams has been cleared. He's my guy. But RB (Coleman or Johnson), OT (Clemmings or Donovan Smith) or DT is fine too.

Thread title changed. Please, twitter users...no spoilers. If the picks are being called late and you already know who the pick is, keep it to yourself until it's announced.

Dorial Green-Beckham......

I would not be unhappy with that pick.

At all.

The only names on the above list I don't like are Max Williams, Randy Gregory, Ameer Abdullah and Devin Funchess.

I like Abdullah's game.....but I think he is too small to be an every down back in the NFL.

Best was 5'9" 199lbs
Abdullah is 5'9" 204lbs

Best was quicker and faster, too. I just don't like taking a scat back in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Give me Langford in round 2. Then I'll take Michael Bennett in the third. Then you can kill me for suggesting a spartan and a buckeye after already taking a big, fat Dukie.

Michael bennet, carl davis or dgb for me please. Roll with what you got at de at this point.

Give me Langford in round 2. Then I'll take Michael Bennett in the third. Then you can kill me for suggesting a spartan and a buckeye after already taking a big, fat Dukie.

If you want those two I think you would have a better chance if you picked Bennett in the 2nd then Langford. I don't think there is a chance that Bennett lasts until the 3rd but I think Langford will be there when the Lions pick in the 3rd.

I think Langford might be there in the 3rd.

Might.

I'd go with best available DT or WR on the board in the 2nd and sit back for Langford. They have the firepower to move up in the 3rd if needed to get him.....IMO.

But who knows.......once one RB goes.....there might be a run on RB's in the 2nd. All depends on how the chips fall, I guess.

So to summarize my statement..........???????????

Michael bennet, carl davis or dgb for me please. Roll with what you got at de at this point.

I've read a couple times that they're really high on Webster.

And we get Van Noy back.

Either could be a good option for a situational pass rusher.

I've read a couple times that they're really high on Webster.

And we get Van Noy back.

Either could be a good option for a situational pass rusher.

for sure....all you can do is trust that Austin will use the guys in the right spots at this point...no reason to doubt his ability to put a plan together.

Definitely better quality at DT left on the board than at DE. More value for sure and more of a need to get quality depth at DT right now. Only reason to go DE early was for a difference maker at getting to the qb. We have depth for days at DE.

PJ Williams or Quentin Rollins would be nice.

We have better DT depth than we do outside CB.

I still don't want a WR in round 2, but DT-CB-DE I'd be fine with. RB too I'm okay with.

I still don't want a WR in round 2, but DT-CB-DE I'd be fine with. RB too I'm okay with.

Devin Smith will probably be gone by 54. Coates I can't see us taking hm.

It set up nicely for DT, CB or RB now.

they might want to trade up to get their guy this round. Im not to thrilled about the quality in rd 2 this year compared to other years.

I'm going outside the box..Mayhew needs to trade Ngata for M Wilkerson. Jets now have 3 round 1, DE's(Williams, Richardson, Wilkerson). None really are NT. Ngata would be a nice pice to a dam good D in NYC. Wilkerson is playing in his 5th yr option...might have to throw in a pick next year. Wilkerson would fit better here than Ngata.

I'm going outside the box..Mayhew needs to trade Ngata for M Wilkerson. Jets now have 3 round 1, DE's(Williams, Richardson, Wilkerson). None really are NT. Ngata would be a nice pice to a dam good D in NYC. Wilkerson is playing in his 5th yr option...might have to throw in a pick next year. Wilkerson would fit better here than Ngata.

trade dan orlovsky to them for Wilkerson. they need someone to push Geno.

Back