Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Day 2 Draft Thread (NO TWITTER SPOILERS)

My top 3 for the 2nd round are CB Eric Rowe, DT Carl Davis, RB Tevin Coleman.

Landon Collins is probably the most underrated player on that list. I'd flip my shit if we got him.

Thomas, Fisher, Collins, and Clemmings are my top 4. Would also be fine with Coleman or the murder sus...questioned Collins.

Landon Collins is probably the most underrated player on that list. I'd flip my shit if we got him.

Thomas, Fisher, Collins, and Clemmings are my top 4. Would also be fine with Coleman or the murder sus...questioned Collins.

i would have loved landon Collins in rd1. if we pull off getting him in rd 2 this would be a great draft. Would need to move up into probably the top 5 picks of rd 2 id guess....probably would cost a 4th and 3rd next year???

i would have loved landon Collins in rd1. if we pull off getting him in rd 2 this would be a great draft. Would need to move up into probably the top 5 picks of rd 2 id guess....probably would cost a 4th and 3rd next year???

Not sure what the cost is tbh

The trades in the 1st round didnt grant anyone much in terms of gains and that was the first round. Can the 2nd Round grant more, somehow, seems backwards. But the move would be farther though.

Jason LaCanfora said that the Lions main target in the first was WR Nelson Agholor...glad he was gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason LaCanfora said that the Lions main target in the first was WR Nelson Agholor...glad he was gone!

Doesn't really add up, the Lions don't have main targets. They have their draft board. Unless LaCanfora actually thinks the Lions had whoever that kid is as the #1 guy in the draft

For my own sanity I'm going to assume he's wrong and that Mayhew isn't that dumb.

Hoping CB and RB are our next 2 picks. In that order

we somehow need to get another good DT to work into the rotation. It's 3 deep right now......needs to be 4......and if there is any injuries we'll be in a world of hurt.

If Ngata or Walker get hurt......are you ok with starting Cauron Reed or Andre (i'm on my 37th stint here) Fluellen??

I'm not.

we somehow need to get another good DT to work into the rotation. It's 3 deep right now......needs to be 4......and if there is any injuries we'll be in a world of hurt.

If Ngata or Walker get hurt......are you ok with starting Cauron Reed or Andre (i'm on my 37th stint here) Fluellen??

I'm not.

The responsible thing would be to draft a DT (or at least versatile DL). Ngata is currently a UFA after this year and unless they know something we don't, Walker is still somewhat of an unknown. Yes they could re-sign Ngata and yes Walker could turn out to be great, but there's still a level of uncertainty with the position.

Worst case scenario (bust aside), you get a rotational/back up guy who could be a starting option in the near future.

I'm not.

Jones can slide inside and we'll see how Reid grows in year 2. I'm comfortable with that if Walker gets hurt. Ngata is a big loss. We would have had Fairley and Mosley if Suh got hurt last year but Fairley was hurt. So rookie Reid and Mosley. We are in better shape this year with Webster and Reid growth to handle an injury. I'd like a DT but it's not the end of the world if we don't get one. I expect Ngata and Walker to stay healthy like Suh and Mosley did.

The responsible thing would be to draft a DT (or at least versatile DL). Ngata is currently a UFA after this year and unless they know something we don't, Walker is still somewhat of an unknown. Yes they could re-sign Ngata and yes Walker could turn out to be great, but there's still a level of uncertainty with the position.

Worst case scenario (bust aside), you get a rotational/back up guy who could be a starting option in the near future.

Exactly.....a LOT of unknown right now. Walker and Reid are complete ?'s......Ngata is a known talent......but in a new scheme. Fluellen has zero question marks......he's a solid 4th DT. You know what you're getting with that guy.

I also would like a DT today at some point. Still a lot of talent at that position to be had.

Jones can slide inside and we'll see how Reid grows in year 2. I'm comfortable with that if Walker gets hurt. Ngata is a big loss. We would have had Fairley and Mosley if Suh got hurt last year but Fairley was hurt. So rookie Reid and Mosley. We are in better shape this year with Webster and Reid growth to handle an injury. I'd like a DT but it's not the end of the world if we don't get one. I expect Ngata and Walker to stay healthy like Suh and Mosley did.

Just because someone has been in the league a year does NOT mean they will get any better. Saying we are in a better position with Webster and Reid just because they're a year older is wildly inaccurate. Until they hit the field.....you don't know that AT ALL.

Could they be better.....sure. Read a lot of good things about Webster so far. But until it's proven on the field.....it's just coach speak. That's it.

Just because someone has been in the league a year does NOT mean they will get any better. Saying we are in a better position with Webster and Reid just because they're a year older is wildly inaccurate. Until they hit the field.....you don't know that AT ALL.

Could they be better.....sure. Read a lot of good things about Webster so far. But until it's proven on the field.....it's just coach speak. That's it.

Yes. Yes I do know that. Being in the system, film study, time in the strength and conditioning program, practice reps. Webster and Reid are just good talents too. I don't know why you wouldn't want them to play more. They will be better in year 2. It's not a slam dunk I agree, but it's very very likely they are better players in August than they were last year.

I still think DT could be our biggest need. We have one starter, he is 31. That is it. We need as much quality competition as we can get.

I know everyone is high on Walker for some reason, but honestly does anyone remember him from the Lions game? Did he even play? He put up 0 stats.

Less than 30 career tackles, what makes anyone think he is better than a backup?

I still think DT could be our biggest need. We have one starter, he is 31. That is it. We need as much quality competition as we can get.

I know everyone is high on Walker for some reason, but honestly does anyone remember him from the Lions game? Did he even play? He put up 0 stats.

Less than 30 career tackles, what makes anyone think he is better than a backup?

We have cap space in 2016, can franchise Ngata and another draft. 2015 is set fairly set at DT. Backup CB is the biggest need.

Walker and Reid have potential to be good with playing time. They have talent, smarts and motor.

LKP knows, don't question it.

Everything I said is true. It wouldn't hurt to take a DT though. So people might get their wish.

We'll see how the board falls out. Lots of good DTs, CBs and RBs left.

Back