Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Washington vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

You gotta watch the BTN replay. He was walking by the set joking around and Jake Butt called him over and he expressed his love for coach and that he was the reason why he was there. Saying, Go Blue over and over softly. It was pretty cool.

Thanks, just saw it.

Bo was Jim?s HC and I?m pretty sure Bo hired dad Jack.

I would think the last thing Coach Jim is worried about is whether anyone thinks he?s passed Bo.

If anything he?s more likely thinking about leaving Michigan in good hands.

Ya mighta heard it; Coach Jim was just what he would remember about this moment when he looked back as an old man, and his answer was ?the team, the team, the team.?

Check on Eleven Warriors while you?re at it.

I'm at a ghetto-ass bar waiting for lyft fares to come down.

Seems like 11Warriors is just pretending no football was played today.

RCMB posters are going through their usual back-breaking contortions to explain away every positive thing that happens to us, up to and including winning. These retards would actually be happier if they just said "Michigan is the better team" and moved on...

Oh, the schadenfreude of "Everybody" will echo for a long time. I don't have access to the pundits but I can only imagine the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" regarding Michigan's triumph over the rest of college football.

Bo was Jim?s HC and I?m pretty sure Bo hired dad Jack.

I would think the last thing Coach Jim is worried about is whether anyone thinks he?s passed Bo.

If anything he?s more likely thinking about leaving Michigan in good hands.

I'm sure Jim is not thinking about where he stands in terms of his standing compared to Bo. That is for others, like us, to consider. You and I, and others on this board, have been watching Michigan football since the late 60s and in my opinion this is the best overall Michigan team that has taken the field I have seen. Better than the 97 National Champs. Maybe others have had better individual players, but this is the best team top to bottom.

Jim's place in the pantheon of the great Michigan coaches is secure. I hope he decides to stay at Michigan and win another NC next year. GO BLUE!

I really, REALLY hope there is a parade and celebration for this. I will be packed up and in my car heading to Ann Arbor for it without hesitation. I know there was a big celebration for the 1997 team, so hoping the same happens for this aMAIZEing team!

GO BLUE!

I?m very thankful that Washington decided to defer the second half. I team like Washington should take the ball and try to get Michigan into their type of game. I was glad to have the ball first. Washington got chesty and said hell our defense can stop Michigan. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I have to credit "fine bomb" for being so gracious, forthright, and magnanimous his admission of being wrong. That's something I didn't expect from him.

Watching that game last night got me thinking about the college football award season. Many were saying that Penix was the best QB and that WR was better than Harrison. That WR may be really good, but he's not on the same level as Harrison. Penix looks like an average QB to me...nothing special.

I have to credit "fine bomb" for being so gracious, forthright, and magnanimous his admission of being wrong. That's something I didn't expect from him.

I almost never watch/pay attention ESPN discussions. I guess I recognize the name Paul Finebaum.

Things being what they were yesterday I decided to turn on Game Day - really have almost never watched it for years. There was a big dude wearing a cowboy hat I didn?t recognize. My wife asked me who he was and I said ?I?ve never seen him.? Then they showed his name -Pat Macafee. He?s been in the news lately I guess because Aaron Rogers made some joke about Jimmy Kimmel on his show.

That?s probably the only ESPN discussion TV until the next time Michigan plays for the Natty.

My coworker (texas fan) greeted me today with "that game has an asterisk." Wanted to punch him in the face.

My coworker (texas fan) greeted me today with "that game has an asterisk." Wanted to punch him in the face.

I'm more annoyed by everyone who keeps telling me Harbaugh's leaving for the NFL.

Like... no one knows, and who cares? It doesn't matter right now, SHUT UP and let me enjoy the win.

Wait, what?

That?s a joke, right?

Unfortunately, it was not. I didn't have a plan after the game, and it was really hard to get the hell out of the stadium and the parking lots, which were all fenced off, especially since every stadium worker I asked for directions pointed me to the wrong place. So I ended up wandering around and then realized I was on the opposite end of the stadium from where I wanted to go, and just went into the closest place where I could sit down.

I?m very thankful that Washington decided to defer the second half. I team like Washington should take the ball and try to get Michigan into their type of game. I was glad to have the ball first. Washington got chesty and said hell our defense can stop Michigan. Just my opinion.

Their only real chance was to build a lead and take away our running game. Giving us the ball first and then letting Edwards bounce outside for a 41 yard TD on that drive was probably the worst thing that could've happened to them.

I watched a replay of the 2nd TD run, and was super impressed at the movement pre-snap. Such a well-designed play. Our coaching staff this year was just on a completely different level than everyone else.

Back