Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

It would be idiotic to do what Olney suggests. There are other ways of shedding high payroll guys without mortgaging the future.

That story and others like it that espn charges for their "Insider" drivel is the reason I call Buster Olney - Buster Shithead and he has blocked me on twitter.

It would be idiotic to do what Olney suggests. There are other ways of shedding high payroll guys without mortgaging the future.

That story and others like it that espn charges for their "Insider" drivel is the reason I call Buster Olney - Buster Shithead and he has blocked me on twitter.

Thank You Ron. I needed that laugh.

Anyone who can type can be published by a baseball website today. The goal is get viewership for those ad dollars. The more controversial, the more traffic. Rob Rogacki from BYB is my "favorite". He absolutely is a drivel machine. Where is Joe Falls?

A half a season for a backup catcher is worth what these days?

As for salary, trading Avila might save $750,000.

Quite frankly, I don't see why the Tigers would trade him. He works well with the young pitchers and be a good role model/mentor to others (i.e. McCann).

Trade him then bring him back for next year. Free prospect out of the deal. McCan't sucks as a hitter and he ain't no good long term solution with that weak stick.

Last edited:
Trade him then bring him for next year. Free prospect out of the deal. McCan't sucks as a hitter and he ain't no good long term solution with that weak stick.

The point is that you won't get much of a player in return for a half a season of a backup catcher. Sure, to some, he should be a starting catcher. But for the Cubs, he would be a backup.

A mid-level prospect is a nothing deal. That is what you are looking at.

The point is that you won't get much of a player in return for a half a season of a backup catcher. Sure, to some, he should be a starting catcher. But for the Cubs, he would be a backup.

A mid-level prospect is a nothing deal. That is what you are looking at.

I would assume Avila would trade him based on he can be a starter and not that the Cubs only need a backup.. he shouldn't be asking for less just because the Cubs won't use him more than 1-2 times a week.

Granted the Cubs might not want him at that price so get another suitor.

Dumb fuck Al Avila trades JD Martinez to Arizona Diamondbacks for 3 minor league scrub infielders.
FUCK YOU AL AVILA!!!

At this point do you guys think they keep Kinsler around for 2018? 12m option or 5m buyout. If truly looking to shed payroll they'd save 7m by letting him walk. Unless they try and trade him in the offseason? Not sure you would get much considering the year he's had. Just curious what you guys think.

At this point do you guys think they keep Kinsler around for 2018? 12m option or 5m buyout. If truly looking to shed payroll they'd save 7m by letting him walk. Unless they try and trade him in the offseason? Not sure you would get much considering the year he's had. Just curious what you guys think.

Lead off batter would be then?

Christin Stewart

Jake Robson

Mike Gerber

Kody Eaves

Take your pick.

I was just looking at Stewart's stats...man I can't wait for him to get up to the big leagues. Dude draws walks and hits for good power. How is his defense?

I was just looking at Stewart's stats...man I can't wait for him to get up to the big leagues. Dude draws walks and hits for good power. How is his defense?

Piss poor. He ideally will be a DH. Thus the dilemma.

Back